Bruce Arians wants to Coach Again

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So what happens if Payton unretires and they want to keep their current coach?

Since the Saints still own the contract, would they have to pay both coaches? Would they force a buyout if no one wants to trade?

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m hearing Payton is definitely coming back. He has already assembled a full coaching staff. It will be a very expensive staff. I have trouble seeing Bidwill spend that much but maybe he’s tired of the insults.
As usual...last sentence spot on...but he probably is also tired on signing those gigantic checks and getting zero ROI for that.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No chance on earth he goes to Denver or back with Tampa. Arians is smart and honest. He doesn’t go anywhere where there isn’t high QB play potential. Look at who he’s coached:
Manning (1st overall)
Couch (1st overall)
Roethlisberger (11th overall)
Luck (1st overall)
Palmer (1st overall)
Brady (GOAT)

My money is on San Diego.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, I think we need a good overall coach that brings in a capable OC and DC. And St coach. I don't know who they would be. But, I especially want them to bring in an exceptional GM that can put together a winning, competitive team every year. Let's start with a very good GM.
:soapbox:

:deadhorse:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Screw Arians and his fake excuses for leaving and coming back and leaving again and now wanting to return to coaching (again). So over it. The dude is now 70. How long until he steps aside again? Hard pass.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I was told that the Cardinals agreed to his demands but Payton hadn’t made a decision yet.
Me thinks his decision will be based on results of a certain someone's surgery coming up and the prognosis of when he actually may get back on the field.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
So what happens if Payton unretires and they want to keep their current coach?

Since the Saints still own the contract, would they have to pay both coaches? Would they force a buyout if no one wants to trade?
You leave your designated, retired under contract, and tied to that team until your contract expires. They aren’t paying him and he has no right to the position.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Me thinks his decision will be based on results of a certain someone's surgery coming up and the prognosis of when he actually may get back on the field.
I believe this matters less than you think. It is more about control and spending than anything tbh. Kyler in any shape or form is just an added bonus. Payton wants to know that he can move on from Kyler if he wants to (Bidwill will stay out of the way and eat the cost if necessary). Dealing Kyler probably isn't the plan, but Payton wants guarantees that he can.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I believe this matters less than you think. It is more about control and spending than anything tbh. Kyler in any shape or form is just an added bonus. Payton wants to know that he can move on from Kyler if he wants to (Bidwill will stay out of the way and eat the cost if necessary). Dealing Kyler probably isn't the plan, but Payton wants guarantees that he can.
Trading Taysom Hill would be cap-neutral for the Saints but save them $9 million in guaranteed salary. :devil: