Browns Allow Kevin Hogan To Seek Trade

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2018/04/browns-kevin-hogan-seek-trade

Browns Allow Kevin Hogan To Seek Trade
April 5th, 2018 at 9:37am CST by Zach Links
You must be registered for see images attach

Browns backup quarterback Kevin Hogan has requested and received permission for his agent to seek a trade, Ian Rapoport of NFL.com tweets. Hogan is presently the No. 3 QB on the Browns’ depth chart, but there won’t be room for him once the Browns use the No. 1 selection in the draft on a new signal caller.

Hogan, a Stanford product, struggled in his first career start against the Texans last year. However, he looked good overall when he came off the bench against the Jets on Oct. 8. Hogan completed 16 of 19 passes for two touchdowns against one interception.

The Browns retained Hogan as an exclusive rights free agent this offseason, so he would be a cheap addition for another team looking to add a second or third QB. He won’t net much for the Browns in a trade, but Cleveland could come away with a late draft pick for him.

The Browns have already traded away QBs DeShone Kizer and Cody Kessler this offseason. Cleveland received cornerback Damarious Randall from the Packers in the Kizer deal and secured a conditional seventh-round pick in the 2019 draft from the Jaguars for Kessler.

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I've always been intrigued by Hogan. Never understood why he didn't get more of a chance with the Browns. He isn't a sexy pick but I think he'd be worth cultivating. Not to mention attainable.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If we hadn't signed Glennon, I'd say bring him in, but we honestly need to keep the space open for a QB with a higher ceiling in the draft. I'd rather swing for a home run in Jackson, or draft the unknown in Rudolph/Lauletta than trade for a guy that an NFL org is willing to turn away from.

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
If we hadn't signed Glennon, I'd say bring him in, but we honestly need to keep the space open for a QB with a higher ceiling in the draft. I'd rather swing for a home run in Jackson, or draft the unknown in Rudolph/Lauletta than trade for a guy that an NFL org is willing to turn away from.
I think Hogan does have upside but is still an unknown. Rather burn a 7th on him than a 1st on the 5th, 6th, etc. QB in this draft.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sounds like a FA waiting to happen - Has all the earmarks of a freebie Belichick will snap up

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I've always been intrigued by Hogan. Never understood why he didn't get more of a chance with the Browns. He isn't a sexy pick but I think he'd be worth cultivating. Not to mention attainable.
He isn't good. Not much to be intrigued with unless you think he can develop into a long term backup.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Trade for the Browns #3? Of course they said "Go for it." when he said he wanted to seek a trade. They are going to cut him anyway, more than likely, so if they get anything for him it's a bonus.

Not a good QB and don't want him here.

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Why the certainty that he isn't any good? He's only thrown 19 passes as a pro and he had to do that with a pretty lousy Browns offense.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Why the certainty that he isn't any good? He's only thrown 19 passes as a pro and he had to do that with a pretty lousy Browns offense.
If you watch him play he is pretty unrefined as a passer. He struggles to work through progressions. He just isn't very good.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He’s got a good jawline, he at least looks like a QB, lets bring him in