Britney Spears asks judge to free her from conservatorship that ‘is doing me way more harm than good

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Britney Spears asks judge to free her from conservatorship that ‘is doing me way more harm than good’

https://www.chicagotribune.com/ente...0210623-ifslq7l25jbslkwv4rpkllt5cq-story.html

After 13 years of near silence in the conservatorship that controls her life and money, Britney Spears passionately told a judge Wednesday that she wants to end the “abusive” case that has made her feel demoralized and enslaved.

Speaking in open court for the first time in the case, Spears condemned her father and others who control the conservatorship, which she said has compelled her to use birth control and take other medications against her will, and prevented her from getting married or having another child.

“This conservatorship is doing me way more harm than good,” the 39-year-old Spears said. “I deserve to have a life.”

She spoke fast and sprinkled profanity into the written speech that lasted more than 20 minutes as her parents, fans and journalists listed to an audio livestream. Many of the details Spears revealed have been carefully guarded by the court for years.

Spears told Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Brenda Penny that “I want to end this conservatorship without being evaluated.”

Penny thanked the pop star for her “courageous” words but made no rulings. A long legal process is likely before any decision is made on terminating the conservatorship.

Spears said she wants to marry her boyfriend Sam Asghari and have a baby with him, but she is not allowed to even drive with him.

“All I want is to own my money and for this to end and for my boyfriend to be able to drive me in his (expletive) car,” Spears said.

“I truly believe this conservatorship is abusive,” Spears said, adding at another point, “I want my life back.”

More at the link: https://www.chicagotribune.com/ente...0210623-ifslq7l25jbslkwv4rpkllt5cq-story.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow. Some crazy requirements and restrictions placed on a 39-year-old woman.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anything like this ever happened to a man that was as well-off as Ms. Spears?

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anything like this ever happened to a man that was as well-off as Ms. Spears?
I love you and your awareness. This whole thing is ********. I can't imagine my father controlling me right now. In fact, he is staying at my house for a family emergency and I have been clear that, if the cleanliness doesn't suit you, then move on.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for a 39 year old, 12 years after an incident to have no control over her own life is wild.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking there must be a lot we don't know.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always so much drama...

Britney Spears ties the knot with Sam Asghari; ex-husband Jason Alexander arrested at her home​

Longtime partners Britney Spears and Sam Asghari married Thursday in a ceremony in Southern California, but the day wasn't without drama due to an unexpected appearance from the singer's first husband.

"I am very ecstatic this day has come, and they are married. I know he wanted this for so long. He is so caring and supportive every step of the way,” Asghari’s representative, Brandon Cohen, told The Associated Press.

The wedding day didn't go down without a hitch.

Jason Alexander, who was married to Spears for 55 hours after a 2004 Las Vegas wedding before the marriage was annulled, was chased and detained by security after he showed up at Spears' residence, a Ventura County sheriff's spokesman said.

The sheriff's department was called to Spears’ residence in Thousand Oaks around 2 p.m. about a trespasser, the spokesman said.

Alexander, 40, was initially arrested on suspicion of an outstanding felony warrant out of Napa County from 2016, the official said. He was subsequently arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor battery, vandalism and trespassing in Ventura County, he said.

Police said the video has become part of their investigation.

Alexander first encounters a man sitting in a camping chair under an umbrella while walking up a trail toward the property.

"I’ve been coming for 3 weeks up here, I’ve been scoping this s--- out," he says to the man.

He then encounters another man in a golf cart who appears to be security. The man repeatedly asks Alexander to leave. Alexander keeps asking, "Where's Britney at?" The man says he's going to call 911 and the video freezes.

When the video resumes he's walking into a house. Where what appears to be a security man holding a gun repeatedly asks him to leave, Alexander continues to ask, "Where's Britney at?"

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always so much drama...

Britney Spears ties the knot with Sam Asghari; ex-husband Jason Alexander arrested at her home​

Longtime partners Britney Spears and Sam Asghari married Thursday in a ceremony in Southern California, but the day wasn't without drama due to an unexpected appearance from the singer's first husband.

"I am very ecstatic this day has come, and they are married. I know he wanted this for so long. He is so caring and supportive every step of the way,” Asghari’s representative, Brandon Cohen, told The Associated Press.

The wedding day didn't go down without a hitch.

Jason Alexander, who was married to Spears for 55 hours after a 2004 Las Vegas wedding before the marriage was annulled, was chased and detained by security after he showed up at Spears' residence, a Ventura County sheriff's spokesman said.

The sheriff's department was called to Spears’ residence in Thousand Oaks around 2 p.m. about a trespasser, the spokesman said.

Alexander, 40, was initially arrested on suspicion of an outstanding felony warrant out of Napa County from 2016, the official said. He was subsequently arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor battery, vandalism and trespassing in Ventura County, he said.

Police said the video has become part of their investigation.

Alexander first encounters a man sitting in a camping chair under an umbrella while walking up a trail toward the property.

"I’ve been coming for 3 weeks up here, I’ve been scoping this s--- out," he says to the man.

He then encounters another man in a golf cart who appears to be security. The man repeatedly asks Alexander to leave. Alexander keeps asking, "Where's Britney at?" The man says he's going to call 911 and the video freezes.

When the video resumes he's walking into a house. Where what appears to be a security man holding a gun repeatedly asks him to leave, Alexander continues to ask, "Where's Britney at?"

You must be registered for see images attach