Bring him in it can’t hurt list.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I
When he is fully healthy he regularly posts over 100 yards.

He's just very often not healthy.

The term elite will differ from one person to another. I'm a huge fan of John Brown. The sickle cell issues are really disappointing.

I love ya bro but no… he had 8 career 100 yard games in 97 games played and about 50+ as A starter

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bernardrick McKinney, if ARZ plans on shifting Simmons around during games. Damarious Randall is out there but he always seems to be every offseason.

I think Keim will do in season trade for CB is Wilson doesn't look good early.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRC, higher altitude impacts sickle cell...Vegas is higher elevation than Phoenix, so if playing in AZ was giving him problems, I can see him having trouble there, too.
FWIW CBS is reporting he asked to be released to get a head start on finding another team. He was competing with a UDFA named Dillon Stoner(not making it up) and due to health concerns it was likely he was going to be cut. Stoner got cut too and will probably be on the practice squad.

Brown still wants to play so I hope he gets a chance

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is he any good?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
is this the worst pair of cornerbacks the cardinals have ever had?
I've seen multiple worse starting CB groups. The time period between Aeneas and Rogers-Cromartie has some BAD CB starters. And when Peterson first got to the Cardinals, his first two years, the Cardinals CBs were awful.

Back in the 90s, the opposite corner from Aeneas was often really bad too.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did you not live through the likes of Tito Paul, Duane Starks, Tom Knight, JJ McClusky, Etc, Etc, Etc...There's a long list of crap in the Cards CB History.

Its not even worse recently. We started '18 with Brock and Murphy before getting lead footed P2 back for his worse season ever.

Hell, outside of the hollowed out remains of P2 (which for some reason some fans think made the CB room good on name only) our CBs last year included Kirkpatrick, Jon Joseph and Kevin Peterson.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I understand it, the Cardinals will have three cornerbacks on their practice squad: Rasul Douglas, Antonio Hamilton and Jace Whittaker.

Cornerback has caught their attention for sure.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
As I understand it, the Cardinals will have three cornerbacks on their practice squad: Rasul Douglas, Antonio Hamilton and Jace Whittaker.

Cornerback has caught their attention for sure.
Tay Gowan got really lucky.

I don't think he looked like he belonged on an NFL roster right now. He did show some tools, but I think he's a year away from being a passable NFL corner.

Douglas has some starting experience, but I remember hearing about him for the wrong reasons....he sucked bad.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tay Gowan got really lucky.

I don't think he looked like he belonged on an NFL roster right now. He did show some tools, but I think he's a year away from being a passable NFL corner.

Douglas has some starting experience, but I remember hearing about him for the wrong reasons....he sucked bad.

Tay Gowan looks unpolished but I think some NFL team would have grabbed him if he were waived. Of course he might get waived when Pugh and Alford return.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Tay Gowan looks unpolished but I think some NFL team would have grabbed him if he were waived. Of course he might get waived when Pugh and Alford return.
I'm ok with keeping Gowan, because I do think he has potential. He looks rusty and doesn't look back for the ball, but that's really common with lots of young corners.

What I like about him is that he does try to stay on the receivers hip so he has a puncher's chance to make a play here and there. He looks like a penalty waiting to happen and a guy who will give up the long ball but make the tackle. I'd rather that than a guy who can't stay with receivers and loses them all of the time. Those are guys who can't play at all and it's real hard to coach a guy to be able to stay with a receiver.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm ok with keeping Gowan, because I do think he has potential. He looks rusty and doesn't look back for the ball, but that's really common with lots of young corners.

What I like about him is that he does try to stay on the receivers hip so he has a puncher's chance to make a play here and there. He looks like a penalty waiting to happen and a guy who will give up the long ball but make the tackle. I'd rather that than a guy who can't stay with receivers and loses them all of the time. Those are guys who can't play at all and it's real hard to coach a guy to be able to stay with a receiver.

That's what I like about Gowan as well. If you can stay with the receiver at least there is a chance to make a play.