Bridges or DiVincenzo + Miami 2021

Bridges or DiVincenzo and Miami 2021

• Bridges

• DiVincenzo and Miami 2021

Results are only viewable after voting.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Little iffy on giving up 2021 heat pick especially if the nba lets highschool players come in now.... and would make worse if heat have a bad yr.

I love the suns draft i feel asleep after ayton draft was stocked to see suns got bridges. So is he mainly a slasher, perimeter shooter?

Hey one of these top 10 we got have to pan out right....

Hoping its ayton :)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Here's a question. When high schoolers WERE let in the draft, how many were in the first round?

In 2004 and 2005, there were a bunch, but most weren't even close to being anything special. For every Lebron James, you have a Travis Outlaw or a Robert Swift or a Sebastian Telfair.

Heck, this year, there was one guy who was "kind of" a high schooler drafted, Anfernee Simons, and it's debatable whether he was worth a first rounder at all.

Point is, yes, we'll see some younger high schoolers in the draft in 2021 (if they pass the rule), but it's not going to affect the draft as much as a lot of people are thinking.

McD took a risk trading that pick, but it was a CALCULATED risk, and a risk I have no problem with. We still have all our picks and the Milwaukee pick, and better yet, we don't owe anyone anything moving forward.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here's a question. When high schoolers WERE let in the draft, how many were in the first round?

In 2004 and 2005, there were a bunch, but most weren't even close to being anything special. For every Lebron James, you have a Travis Outlaw or a Robert Swift or a Sebastian Telfair.

Heck, this year, there was one guy who was "kind of" a high schooler drafted, Anfernee Simons, and it's debatable whether he was worth a first rounder at all.

Point is, yes, we'll see some younger high schoolers in the draft in 2021 (if they pass the rule), but it's not going to affect the draft as much as a lot of people are thinking.

McD took a risk trading that pick, but it was a CALCULATED risk, and a risk I have no problem with. We still have all our picks and the Milwaukee pick, and better yet, we don't owe anyone anything moving forward.
Keeping the pick and passing on Mikal is a risk too.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Oh. There were lots of them.

Dennis Johnson for Rick Robey
Charles Barkley to Houston for three guys that did not want to be here.
Tom Chambers to Philly for Marko Milic
Traded a first-round pick and players for Luc Longley
Dudley and Kidd to NJ for Marbury
Cliff Robinson to Detroit for John Wallace and Buechler
Googs and two first-round picks to Utah for nothing.
Armen Gilliam to Charlotte for Kurt Rambis (losing trade that helped the team)
DJ trade for sure
Barkley trade seemed okay at time. Cassell and horry should’ve been better. Grading that a loss is mostly with hindsight.
Chambers was done at that time.
Luc was a bad trade.
Dudley and kidd trade was okay at time. Kids was done here. Likely on wrong end of that one though.
Cliffy was done.
Googs was bad one but that I want reallyvtryong to get better that was gearing up for selling team.
And trading Gilliam for anyone wasn’t a trade of any materiality.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Re: Bridges and Marion... What was Marion's scouting report when he was drafted? Some people are going a bit overboard comparing Bridges today with Marion at his peak. That's pretty ridiculous. The question we should be asking is how does he compare to Marion at this age?
Marion was a leaper and rebounder. He was valued primarily for his ridiculous athleticism. I remember reading about him in a predraft Sports Illustrated issue.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I've heard at least a dozen different hosts and guests clamoring for the end of the draft over the past two weeks alone. I have no idea how it will play out but changes often come about like this. To me it's mind boggling how you could even pretend to have a chance at a balanced league and do away with the draft but that doesn't mean a solution isn't out there - I just can't come up with one.
Agreed. Most of my friends are huge sports nuts. We’ve discussed this topic again and again. Even the new Yorkers (hence big market guys) agree there’s likely few ways to maintain even fragile balance without a draft.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I disagree. I don’t think we can look to the past as an indicator of the future. The success rate of high schoolers might remain consistent (poor) but I think the entry rate will increase due to AAU, this generation’s “now now now” attitude and the $$$.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Couple that with the fact they don’t have even a single star to attract others and you have my reasoning for projecting that pick to be relatively high.

It's miami, it's pat riley, it's the east and they'll have massive cap space in 2020 (potentially 8o million plus).. You have to go with the odds they build a serviceable team.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's miami, it's pat riley, it's the east and they'll have massive cap space in 2020 (potentially 8o million plus).. You have to go with the odds they build a serviceable team.
They should tank the next two years, take on salary for two years only and trade players for picks. Then they can add two or three good rooks and a bunch of free agents in 2020.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They should tank the next two years, take on salary for two years only and trade players for picks. Then they can add two or three good rooks and a bunch of free agents in 2020.

We don't want that pick in 2021 coming back to bite us. ;)

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of the Pippen comp for Bridges. Defensively, somewhat. They both are around 6-7 and have 7-0 wingspans. They have incredible anticipation, but Pippen was a stud rebounder his sophomore year at 9.2/g. Offensively, they aren't at all the same. Pippen wasn't a good 3 point shooter till about 7 seasons into the NBA. Mikal is already great at it. Mikal is also a far more refined offensive player than Scottie was out of college.

The Marion comp is even worse. They are almost nothing alike except their size and the fact that they play defense.

Kawhi is actually a decent comp, but like Pippen he was a superior rebounder. Mikal is certainly not that.

Mikal just isn't easy to comp to. Which is why I like him so much. Mikal is the PERFECT 3&D prospect with tons of potential for more. He is EXACTLY what this team needs.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of the Pippen comp for Bridges. Defensively, somewhat. They both are around 6-7 and have 7-0 wingspans. They have incredible anticipation, but Pippen was a stud rebounder his sophomore year at 9.2/g. Offensively, they aren't at all the same. Pippen wasn't a good 3 point shooter till about 7 seasons into the NBA. Mikal is already great at it. Mikal is also a far more refined offensive player than Scottie was out of college.

The Marion comp is even worse. They are almost nothing alike except their size and the fact that they play defense.

Kawhi is actually a decent comp, but like Pippen he was a superior rebounder. Mikal is certainly not that.

Mikal just isn't easy to comp to. Which is why I like him so much. Mikal is the PERFECT 3&D prospect with tons of potential for more. He is EXACTLY what this team needs.

Klay?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Legler made the comp. Not anyone here.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Legler made the comp. Not anyone here.

Yeah, I heard the Pippen comp from Legler first but he wasn't the only one of the TV guys to mention it. Usually it was phrased something like "he has some Scottie Pippen in him". But I've also heard "better shooting Trevor Ariza" and a lot of Covington, Middleton and Otto Porter comps.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

And if LeBron goes to the Lakers, the east is going to be even weaker outside of Boston and Philly...

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When Philly had it, it was the most valuable pick ever according to the media. Who even owns it now?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave