Brett Easton Ellis, Chump or Champ?

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
He wrote "The Rules of Attraction", "American Psycho", "Less Than Zero", as well as others. Judge not the movies, but the books. Chump or Champ?

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
He's definitely not for everyone but you can't argue that he doesn't have talent. I think his work will best be remembered as social commentary and criticism.

CardAvenger

Screaming At A Wall
Reaction score
Champ.

I've read a couple of his books. He has a great sense of the 80's.

Hell, I even have Glamorama. I think American Psycho was my favorite. It was quite disturbing, but I couldn't stop reading it. The movie was terrible.

Less Than Zero was also a good book. I also enjoyed the movie, but pales to the book.

I have Glamorama, but have yet to crack it. My wife read it, and she seemed to liked it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mr.Dibbs

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
THe only guy to have more good books turned into bad films is Hubert Selby Jr. Last Exit to Brooklyn and Reqiuem(sp) for a Dream were horrible adaptations! If they ever make his book The Room into a movie I'll scream!!!

Last edited:

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I love American phsycho the movie, so I'm so pumped to hear the book is better, I'm selecting my next book as of tommorow, now I know which one I will pick up, yes!!!!!:thumbup: