Breaking news: Donald Trump tells the truth

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Kel Varnsen, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor

2. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

Hard to tell without the whole thing but it certainly sounds like he's talking about the Dems attempting to fight voter suppression. I mean that's totally crazy, you can't let people vote, you have to control who votes. Of course in typical GOP fashion they were accusing Dems of trying to make it possible for illegals to vote when they were actually trying to keep the GOP from blocking legal voting.

I think it was Jon that linked an article on FB the other day about attempts to increase the ability to vote by mail and how the GOP was bending over backwards to block it. You should have seen the comments below it, one after another by Trump supporters saying attempts to vote by mail are un American, they're trying to let illegals vote. I heard people were voting 4 and 5 times by mail etc. Just complete BS.

3. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

And I bet the Republicans didn't have anything crazy in the legislation like supporting corporations before individuals and families.

4. Town Drunk

Town Drunk Longest serving ASFN lurker

He and the entire GOP are absolute trash. It’s amazing that the party of Eisenhower and Roosevelt has fallen to the point that Donald Trump is their leader.

DemsMyBoys and Kel Varnsen like this.
  5. AzStevenCal

AzStevenCal ASFN Contributor Contributor

He's not the leader of the Republican Party. It's like the vampires on Buffy; the leaders of the party were killed and then replaced by soulless demons, one of whom is our Supreme Idiot.

Luciano likes this.
  6. Rivercard

Rivercard Too much good stuff

Perhaps a strongly worded letter is in order........

50 State Dem Parties Call for IMMEDIATE Fed Action to Make Voting Easier Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
    Source: Blue Virginia

“If left unchanged, our current electoral system poses a severe public health risk that could rapidly accelerate the spread of COVID-19 while disenfranchising countless voters and calling into question the legitimacy of our elections. Just like our healthcare system and our economy, our elections infrastructure will need a massive infusion of resources to ensure that elections can go on and every voter has access to the ballot during the COVID-19 pandemic,” the letter reads.

Read more: https://bluevirginia.us/2020/03/vir...o-make-voting-easier-amidst-covid-19-pandemic

7. AZCrazy

AZCrazy Registered

So do you democrats want non citizens to vote or not? The worst of your party say that they should.

8. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

Links?

I have not seen a single Democrat call for non-citizens to vote in FEDERAL elections, and if there are, they don't represent 99% of the party.

There are many valid reasons why all legal RESIDENTS should vote in local elections.

9. ozzfloyd

ozzfloyd The Carp

So do you Republicans want people of color, brown people, poor people to vote or not? The worst of your party says that they should not.

Russ Smith, Luciano and cardncubfan like this.
  10. Town Drunk

Town Drunk Longest serving ASFN lurker

I’ve not seen one Democrat make any comment about that. I do, however, regularly see your party try to disenfranchise minority voters on a routine basis. Perhaps you should take a hard look at what your own party is doing to this country.

11. Western Font

Western Font Registered

The non-citizen question is irrelevant. This thread is about registered voters voting by mail, even more necessary for public safety reasons. Non-citizens and non-registered voters don’t have a ballot to mail in. In Arizona your early ballot is not counted until it is verified.

12. cardncubfan

cardncubfan H

This sounds like the same BS that Trump spews about Dems wanting to kill babies after they are born. You must love your liar in chief.

AzStevenCal likes this.
  13. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

No I don’t. But I want everyone who is allowed to vote to be able to vote, to be able to vote without obstruction, to be able to vote safely.

so I’ll ask you, do you want to support voter suppression like the GOP?

ozzfloyd likes this.
  14. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

changed that for ya.

ozzfloyd likes this.
  15. nidan

nidan Oscar Contributor

Of course not and you know it

AzStevenCal likes this.