El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Netflix)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one of the bigger downsides to working in the industry is I no longer get surprised by anything coming out. I mean, it is SUPER RARE for me to see a trailer for a movie that i didn't know was coming for at least a year or two.

I miss the days when a trailer for something AWESOME would come out and I had no idea it was even in the works... like when the first T2 teaser trailer dropped in theaters and it was simply machines building a terminator until it produced Arnold and as he opened his eyes they were red. Too much in the know can be fun sometimes, but it takes a lot of the wonder/excitement out of things for me.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I havent seen dexter or GoT but Breaking bad is one of my all time favorites. I recommend to just watch the pilot. If if doesnt make you want to watch it all, I'd be surprised.

It’s freaking great! But GOT is way better... you should take your own advice with that one :)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s freaking great! But GOT is way better... you should take your own advice with that one :)
I would totally watch and like GoT but I have to watch it when kids are in bed and could maybe see 3-4 episodes a week. That is a major commitment to a 70+ hour series. Someday.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would totally watch and like GoT but I have to watch it when kids are in bed and could maybe see 3-4 episodes a week. That is a major commitment to a 70+ hour series. Someday.

Worth the commitment :)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never seen an episode. Same with Dexter, GOT, etc.

I watched the start of both of those series (and Breaking Bad) but never finished any of them. I loved Dexter, it lost me after a few seasons though. I both liked and disliked GOT - my wife simply hated it, so we only watched the first 3 or 4 episodes. Having read the first 4 books though I was comfortable skipping the show, it was well done but it's not really our cup of tea.

As for Breaking Bad, I've watched but can't get past the first episode and I've watched it 3 times now. I've got no complaints about it, it just didn't work for me although I'm sure I'll give it at least one more try given how popular the show has been and the fact we are huge fans of Jonathan Banks.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Breaking Bad ran 24 hours all weekend a few years back and I binge watched it all weekend. I seldom get riveted to something like this but it had me early on.

In regard to Dexter, I could never bring myself to watch a series that had a serial killer as the star. For some reason I never could get into GOT.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In regard to Dexter, I could never bring myself to watch a series that had a serial killer as the star. For some reason I could never get into GOT.

Yeah, I've grown so tired of the TV shows that turn evil, greed and violence into things to cheer for but I will say that Dexter handled it very well. His guardian taught him how to function in this world and for the most part, Dexter just went after the other bad guys as a result of his cop/father's upbringing. I'd be surprised if you didn't enjoy the show should you give it a chance. Your interest might fall away after a couple of seasons like ours did but I think it's worth giving it a try. But if for some reason the first episode doesn't hook you, it probably isn't for you.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've grown so tired of the TV shows that turn evil, greed and violence into things to cheer for but I will say that Dexter handled it very well. His guardian taught him how to function in this world and for the most part, Dexter just went after the other bad guys as a result of his cop/father's upbringing. I'd be surprised if you didn't enjoy the show should you give it a chance. Your interest might fall away after a couple of seasons like ours did but I think it's worth giving it a try. But if for some reason the first episode doesn't hook you, it probably isn't for you.

It's the premise of the show that bothered me.

If I watched it I might have liked it but then I would have hated myself in the morning. LMAO

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's the premise of the show that bothered me.

If I watched it I might have liked it but then I would have hated myself in the morning. LMAO

Ha. Bet you a nickel you wouldn't. I say that because we come from a similar place on this subject. I didn't watch the show when it first came out, it was in season 3 or 4 by the time I finally gave it a chance (from the beginning of course). It didn't, in any way IMO, glorify this kind of behavior which was my greatest concern with the series.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love dark and gritty stuff. Breaking bad, ozark, etc. All day.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha. Bet you a nickel you wouldn't. I say that because we come from a similar place on this subject. I didn't watch the show when it first came out, it was in season 3 or 4 by the time I finally gave it a chance (from the beginning of course). It didn't, in any way IMO, glorify this kind of behavior which was my greatest concern with the series.

You might be right but that is high stakes money right there!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love dark and gritty stuff. Breaking bad, ozark, etc. All day.

I think we had a similar discussion about The Walking Dead when the character Negan clubbed some characters I liked in the head with a barbed wire bat. Enjoyed the series until that.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we had a similar discussion about The Walking Dead when the character Negan clubbed some characters I liked in the head with a barbed wire bat. Enjoyed the series until that.
Brutal. Best horror scene I have ever seen.

Reaction score
I watched the start of both of those series (and Breaking Bad) but never finished any of them. I loved Dexter, it lost me after a few seasons though. I both liked and disliked GOT - my wife simply hated it, so we only watched the first 3 or 4 episodes. Having read the first 4 books though I was comfortable skipping the show, it was well done but it's not really our cup of tea.

As for Breaking Bad, I've watched but can't get past the first episode and I've watched it 3 times now. I've got no complaints about it, it just didn't work for me although I'm sure I'll give it at least one more try given how popular the show has been and the fact we are huge fans of Jonathan Banks.

I never really got into medieval setting shows/movies for some reason. That could be why GOT doesn't interest me. Breaking Bad & Dexter look interesting to me but just never think about watching them when nothing else is on the tube.

Reaction score

Walking Dead is another series I've never seen.

Reaction score
Blasphemy

So, you basically do not watch tv? lol

Lol, couple of hours a night. I watched the first episode of Maniac the other night based on my daughters recommendation. I guess it gets better but I wasn't really wowed by it or anything. With Emma Stone & Jonah Hill I would think it would be pretty good.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol, couple of hours a night. I watched the first episode of Maniac the other night based on my daughters recommendation. I guess it gets better but I wasn't really wowed by it or anything. With Emma Stone & Jonah Hill I would think it would be pretty good.
I saw that on netflix forever ago but never bothered to try it yet.