Breaking Bad (AMC)

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Walter White wakes up and it was all just a dream - he's still a High School Chemistry teacher stuck teaching low-life methheads in New Mexico...he had gotten ill after eating some bad table-side guacamole and fallen asleep listening to Badfinger.

This is the real ending to Breaking Bad:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finished season 1. It was definitely a slog. Season 2 has picked up a bit through 2 episodes.

Stick with it. The show builds momentum as it goes. Last season was so good. I can't wait for the next one.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The slow burn nature of Better Call Saul is fantastic IMO

Would have been the easy path to try to up Breaking Bad - more shoot outs, bigger heists, cartels at war - cram more action and violence and thrills in.

Instead they've stripped things back to make it more focused on character, slowly upping the plot ante as it goes on which has more effect.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Finished season 1. It was definitely a slog. Season 2 has picked up a bit through 2 episodes.
So, if I may ask, where are you at this point? I binge watched all of BB earlier this year and I just finished the last episode of Saul Season 4. Now I am looking at where I can watch season 5. I can't wait.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So, if I may ask, where are you at this point? I binge watched all of BB earlier this year and I just finished the last episode of Saul Season 4. Now I am looking at where I can watch season 5. I can't wait.
The female lawyer was just offered a job at another firm, Jimmy is attempting his best to lose his job at the cushy law firm. And the old guy just met with the old man bell ringer cartel guy before he was crippled. Lol. The fact that that’s my best attempt to describe where I am in the story speaks volumes as to why I’m not zinging through this like BB.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul Immortalized with Bronze ‘Breaking Bad’ Statues in Albuquerque​

Walter White’s empire business is now permanently in New Mexico.

“Breaking Bad” creator Vince Gilligan commissioned two statues of characters Walter White and Jesse Pinkman to be housed in Albuquerque, New Mexico in honor of the Emmy-winning AMC series. Bryan Cranston portrayed high school teacher turned meth maker White, with Aaron Paul starring as White’s business associate, surrogate son, and drug dealer. “Breaking Bad,” which concluded in 2013, spurred the Netflix film “El Camino” and AMC’s prequel spin-off series “Better Call Saul,” centered on the origins of Bob Odenkirk’s cracked attorney.

“Over the course of 15 years, two TV shows and one movie, Albuquerque has been wonderful to us,” Gilligan said in a press release. “I wanted to return the favor and give something back.”

The bronze statues will be donated to the city of Albuquerque by Gilligan and Sony Pictures Television. The sculptures are set to be on display at the Albuquerque Convention Center in July.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show is going to blow people away. New AMC show - don't want to say too much about it because I went in blind, but holy crap... probably... no... it's the best pilot I've ever seen.

What's it about? A high school chemistry teacher finds out he's got terminal cancer and decides to change the rest of his life... sounds cliche, right? Well, that's all you're gonna get from me and it's all you should know about the show - avoid previews - just watch it when it starts.

Not sure when that'll be, but it'll probably be after Mad Men ends.
Reverend!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show is going to blow people away. New AMC show - don't want to say too much about it because I went in blind, but holy crap... probably... no... it's the best pilot I've ever seen.

What's it about? A high school chemistry teacher finds out he's got terminal cancer and decides to change the rest of his life... sounds cliche, right? Well, that's all you're gonna get from me and it's all you should know about the show - avoid previews - just watch it when it starts.

Not sure when that'll be, but it'll probably be after Mad Men ends.
Not only was this an unbelievable assessment before the world got to see it but didn't you work on this show as well or am I thinking of another show?

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Not only was this an unbelievable assessment before the world got to see it but didn't you work on this show as well or am I thinking of another show?
I never watched the show until years after it was completed because I didn't care for the subject matter and it sounded like something I wouldn't like. Then one day I read his original post and decided to give it a chance. I started watching it and binge-watched it (I am retired). My wife wondered for most of a week where I was (I watched it in my den). Great show and, great assessment by @cheesebeef.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha! I wish!

I worked on Necessary Roughness and then NCIS: New Orleans before I found myself in nonstop development hell on a bunch of other projects.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA