Brady=No Suspension

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Time for Goodell to go.

Absolutely.

Given the circumstances, this was the correct ruling.

Goodell's word is as good as mud. He can't blow his nose without anyone questioning his motives.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I knew this was the outcome when the judge said "You should settle", Brady offered to settle, and the NFL had the hubris to say no.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So tampering with balls is OK

Patriots get rewarded for cheating again

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Patriots organization still lost draft picks.

There is no evidence against Brady. That is what came out in court and that is why this was overturned.

Blotto

Reaction score
Well when it goes to court where evidence talks and speculation walks what did the NFL expect?

TJ

Reaction score

No. Giving out excessively punitive discipline is the issue here. 4-games + draft picks for under inflated footballs is like getting 15 years in jail for driving with a broken tail light.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Judge Richard M. Berman ruled that Brady’s four-game suspension by the NFL will be vacated, according to the Associated Press and other reports. Brady maintained his innocence even while the NFL tried to make its most popular player a scapegoat in a scandal the league let grow to outrageous proportions, but from the moment investigator Ted Wells’ report came out it was clear that there was no evidence against Brady. The NFL, for whatever reason, didn’t want to admit that and kept trying to turn Brady into a villain. An independent judge saw it for what it was worth.

Is Goodell stubborn enough to appeal? He won't win.

There is no hard evidence. They have focused on circumstantial only and determined that was enough to remove someone from 25% of their work year. It just doesn't hold up.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I also think that Goodell is a clown and has screwed up big time on several issues (especially the Ray Rice debacle).
However, I think all this appeal stuff is BS. This isn't the criminal justice system. They don't need evidence beyond a reasonable doubt. If they think someone did something that is conduct detrimental to the league, they should be able to suspend them. Anyone who thinks Brady was not behind the deflated footballs is kidding themselves. No ballboy would alter the footballs without direct instruction from the QB. Many former QB's have said as much.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No. Giving out excessively punitive discipline is the issue here. 4-games + draft picks for under inflated footballs is like getting 15 years in jail for driving with a broken tail light.

Tell that to Pete Rose. It's about the integrity of the game.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also think that Goodell is a clown and has screwed up big time on several issues (especially the Ray Rice debacle).
However, I think all this appeal stuff is BS. This isn't the criminal justice system. They don't need evidence beyond a reasonable doubt. If they think someone did something that is conduct detrimental to the league, they should be able to suspend them. Anyone who thinks Brady was not behind the deflated footballs is kidding themselves. No ballboy would alter the footballs without direct instruction from the QB. Many former QB's have said as much.

The appeal is because the NFL is exempt from Anti Trust laws.

TJ

Reaction score
Tell that to Pete Rose. It's about the integrity of the game.

The integrity of the game is not compromised over one PSI. It is; however, compromised by overzealous commissioners making stringent rulings for personal reasons.

jeeperaz

Rookie
Reaction score
They don't need evidence beyond a reasonable doubt. If they think someone did something that is conduct detrimental to the league, they should be able to suspend them.

This ain't North Korea. Fairness is a required component of the process.

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I view a Kangaroo Court System much worse than letting a little air out of a football . Roger needs to go , he loses every case when it hits a real courtroom . The 49'er front office should have a position for Roger , considering the PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT Roger has doled out to them as he slams other teams .

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I'm shocked...

Not!!! Unbelievable :bang:

He's cheated, zero doubt about that!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HIs grin in the picture on Yahoo is like a kid who knows he got away with something

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose