Boxing

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Haney is too big and too strong and takes lomo out early.

I’d be shocked if Haney stops him. He’s got 1 KO in like 5 years.

The reason I say Loma gets him late is because Haney is killing himself to make weight. I think it’s gonna play a big part

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Have not seen the fight yet, but good call on your part.

Haney faded bad late I had a feeling he would. Loma can only fight in spurts now but prime Loma would have ended it pretty easily.

I had Loma winning 7-5 and could see 8-4. At worst a draw but I don’t see how you can have Haney winning it.

I like Haney but he’s not that dude. He surrounded by killers. I don’t think he beats Shakur or Tank at 135 at 140 I think they all beat him Taylor, Teofimo, Regis, Ramirez

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Haney faded bad late I had a feeling he would. Loma can only fight in spurts now but prime Loma would have ended it pretty easily.

I had Loma winning 7-5 and could see 8-4. At worst a draw but I don’t see how you can have Haney winning it.

I like Haney but he’s not that dude. He surrounded by killers. I don’t think he beats Shakur or Tank at 135 at 140 I think they all beat him Taylor, Teofimo, Regis, Ramirez
I scored the fight a draw. With that said I circled 3 rounds in which I would label "swing rounds". So in my book I can see a close decision going either way or a draw. I'll also point out that watching a fight on TV is much different then judging from ringside. At ringside your view does not change. On TV you get many different angles. There is also the pressure added as you have a referee standing in front of you right after the bell sounds, waiting for your scorecard.

But as a Professional judge you have to score the fight round by round. So IMO all those CompuBox stats are meaningless. One guy could land 50 punches in a round to zero, it is still 10-9. Next round other guy lands 10 to 1 and it is still a 10-9 round. Then the stats show landed punches are 51 to 10 but the fight is still even. It is the reason I refuse to look at the tv screens (in front of me) during the fight or in-between rounds. The time being shown on the TV screen can sway your decision. But it is different for MMA, sometimes you have to use the screen in front of you as ref gets in the way or both fighter are on the ground with their back to you. So I do sometimes use them when judging MMA. If fun it is exciting, but the best part is after a fight and you can discuss what the other judges saw. I have scored MMA fights differently after watching it on TV then I did from ringside. It shows that judges have one view and one perspective of the fight. So I find it hard to disagree with another judges scorecard, because I wasn't sitting in their seat.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose