Bowles question

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I see alot of people saying Bowles as our DC, I'm not against this by any means but what makes everyone think he would even come back here? Or is it just wishful thinking haha

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Perhaps wishful thinking but he left on very positive terms as he was promoted to HC of Jets. I would think he has a good relationship with MB and Keim. Additionally, no one is talking about him as an HC again. Just don't know if he wants to take some time off or even work again.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Has Bowles had any HC interviews? Just curious. He may have no choice but to go back to being a DC to build his rep again, why not do it here with an organization he had some success with? I think that is a lot of peoples thoughts on the subject. Maybe a title like assistant head coach on top of DC.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
As long as the new HC is choosing his own staff, I have no problem. I would not be happy if any assistant was forced on the HC, which is what seems happened with McCoy last year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Has Bowles had any HC interviews? Just curious. He may have no choice but to go back to being a DC to build his rep again, why not do it here with an organization he had some success with? I think that is a lot of peoples thoughts on the subject. Maybe a title like assistant head coach on top of DC.

Maybe, but that doesn't have to be here. There will be coaches who are happy to have a Parcells-trained DC with HC experience — especially the young hotshots whose front offices want to follow the Matt Nagy/Doug Pederson/Sean McVay model.

Reactions: HGC

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

There's no doubt in my mind that Bowles will have to return to the NFL as a DC. I don't think it would help his resume as much if he returns to AZ. Future HC opportunities will be better served if he has demonstrated that he can excel in different settings. As much as I would like to have him back in AZ, if I were advising him, I would have hum rebuild his reputation elsewhere.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
There's no doubt in my mind that Bowles will have to return to the NFL as a DC. I don't think it would help his resume as much if he returns to AZ. Future HC opportunities will be better served if he has demonstrated that he can excel in different settings. As much as I would like to have him back in AZ, if I were advising him, I would have hum rebuild his reputation elsewhere.

I don't know how where he coaches makes a difference. It is about results not about location.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Maybe, but that doesn't have to be here. There will be coaches who are happy to have a Parcells-trained DC with HC experience — especially the young hotshots whose front offices want to follow the Matt Nagy/Doug Pederson/Sean McVay model.

I can agree with this. I can totally see him being in demand, I just think the Cards might have an advantage, assuming he had a good relationship with Keim and Bidwill.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I don't know how where he coaches makes a difference. It is about results not about location.
This. Some on here are clamming for This, again...and he went back to Chargers, where he had previous success...Bowles can do the same thing in AZ.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I agree that results trump everything else. I'm hoping that you are right in that he just feels more comfortable around MB & SK.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Bad roster. Bowles will be in demand and take the best opportunity.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Bad roster. Bowles will be in demand and take the best opportunity.

Not on the defensive side of the ball Peterson, Jones, Swearinger, Baker, Bethea all are quality starting NFL players. We lack at LB but Reddick did improve as the season progressed. Plus the opportunity to coach one of the best defensive players in the draft (Bosa or Williams). The defense isn't far removed from being top 10 and is much closer to being there again then the offense is.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have an entire off season of free agency and draft to improve. I don’t think a guy like Bowles is going to back down from a challenge.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Not on the defensive side of the ball Peterson, Jones, Swearinger, Baker, Bethea all are quality starting NFL players. We lack at LB but Reddick did improve as the season progressed. Plus the opportunity to coach one of the best defensive players in the draft (Bosa or Williams). The defense isn't far removed from being top 10 and is much closer to being there again then the offense is.

Bosa and Allen.
Coordinators look at both sides of the ball. This team has 3 and out written all over it.
I agree Reddick improved had he regressed he’d be out of the league.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Bosa and Allen.
Coordinators look at both sides of the ball. This team has 3 and out written all over it.
I agree Reddick improved had he regressed he’d be out of the league.

You do realize this roster isn't done yet and we have no idea what kind of offense we will be running...also Allen isn't anywhere close to the player Williams or Oliver is and not even in the conversation with Bosa.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
You do realize this roster isn't done yet and we have no idea what kind of offense we will be running...also Allen isn't anywhere close to the player Williams or Oliver is and not even in the conversation with Bosa.

Williams isn’t the player Williams or Oliver are based on your opinion. I’m sure several teams will have him rated higher than both on draft day.

Of course I know this roster isn’t done I also know it has major holes and the same GM who’s selecting who’s reached on Reddick ( top 5 on his overall board lol ), Brandon Williams, Nkemdiche. I’m not even mentioning Buchanan since he’s actually produced in his time here.

Sorry but I don’t share most people’s optimism when it comes to the state of this team. You think it’s proximity to Green Bay is the reason McCarthy told Keim to take a hike?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Williams isn’t the player Williams or Oliver are based on your opinion. I’m sure several teams will have him rated higher than both on draft day.

Of course I know this roster isn’t done I also know it has major holes and the same GM who’s selecting who’s reached on Reddick ( top 5 on his overall board lol ), Brandon Williams, Nkemdiche. I’m not even mentioning Buchanan since he’s actually produced in his time here.

Sorry but I don’t share most people’s optimism when it comes to the state of this team. You think it’s proximity to Green Bay is the reason McCarthy told Keim to take a hike?

Ok well we know where you stand, we suck, will always suck. Gotcha.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Ok well we know where you stand, we suck, will always suck. Gotcha.

Hilarious. I don’t share your opinion of where this teams at and suddenly you start putting words in my mouth. Gotcha.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I doubt Bowles will get any interviews for HC jobs. Coming back to AZ is not as big a roster challenge as it might seem. First he’d return to a 3-4 which would give an immediate improvement to this unit. With the cap space and a draft full of great defensive players filling a couple of key slots, Bowles could look like a genius turning this into a top 10 defense. Surely they’ll focus on offense but they should have room to pick up a couple of guys.