Bosa, Murray, Williams, Allen

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For arguments sake, let’s say that Bosa, Murray, Williams, and Allen all have GREAT NFL careers. If that were the case, wouldn’t we want Murray to be our 1st pick? Be honest now. All things being the same (everyone has a great NFL career), a great QB laps any other great position player.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
For arguments sake, let’s say that Bosa, Murray, Williams, and Allen all have GREAT NFL careers. If that were the case, wouldn’t we want Murray to be our 1st pick? Be honest now. All things being the same (everyone has a great NFL career), a great QB laps any other great position player.

What about Rosen's career? Great also?

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
Pick Murray and have Rosen compete for the starter position over the next year or two. Competition is always best way to decide who is the starter.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Absolutely! No brainer. However Murray is by far the least likely to have a successful NFL career from that group and it’s not even close.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What kind of career does Rosen have in your scenario? If he has a HOF career then I would take that over Murray’s GREAT career. If Rosen busts out of NFL then we take Murray.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Or if Rosen does well and you have Bosa, Williams, or whomever play well, you have two impact players instead of one. Like I said, it’s a mistake to pull the plug on Rosen so soon to replace with a project in Murray.

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Think we should include Ed Oliver on this list. He played NT at UH out of necessity, so I think he'll be much more productive while playing a more natural position in the NFL. He is probably the most physically gifted d-lineman in this draft and was projected to be a top 5 pick ever since his freshman year. I believe small school bias and draft fatigue is hurting him fall in the minds of a lot of "draft experts"

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
I’d rather they picked Murray than Q. I’ve watched to much Alabama football and seen him sucking wind and pulling himself out of the game after a few plays to many times to think he’s anything but a bust.

This draft should be super easy. You take the best player in the draft with the #1 pick and that is Bosa. Anything else is a failure.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Willie McGinest just flamed Bosa a bit on NFL Live.

• Good but not great
  • Didn't play against high level talent in college
  • Can't play in space...hand in dirt DE
  • Not the #1 defensive player in the draft (I believe he said not in top 3)
Bucky Brooks (pure conjecture obviously) latest mock was on screen just before and he has:

1) Cardinals - Murray
2) 49ers - Q Williams
3) Jets - Bosa
4) Raiders - Allen

Interesting that Bosa is not getting the same hype/love. He was a sure fire lock to be #1 pick for a long time.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

• Good but not great
Bucky Brooks (pure conjecture obviously) latest mock was on screen just before and he has:

1) Cardinals - Murray
2) 49ers - Q Williams
3) Jets - Bosa
4) Raiders - Allen

Interesting that Bosa is not getting the same hype/love. He was a sure fire lock to be #1 pick for a long time.

Interesting opinion from McGinest.Bosa's coaches past and future disagree .Vance Joseph and Bill Davis say different.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

• Good but not great

1) Cardinals - Murray
2) 49ers - Q Williams
3) Jets - Bosa
4) Raiders - Allen

• Good but not great

1) Cardinals - Murray
2) 49ers - Q Williams
3) Jets - Bosa
4) Raiders - Allen

• Good but not great

1) Cardinals - Murray
2) 49ers - Q Williams
3) Jets - Bosa
4) Raiders - Allen

Interesting opinion from MCGinest.Vance Joseph and Bill Davis disagree.McGinest is a Alabama guy so he will be touting his fellow Crimson Tide player.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

• Good but not great

1) Cardinals - Murray
2) 49ers - Q Williams
3) Jets - Bosa
4) Raiders - Allen

McGinest has a interesting opinion.Vance Joseph and Bill Davis disagree.Being a Alabama guy It doesn't surprise me McGinest flamed Bosa He probably pimped Q.Williams.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
But there’s only 3 that should be considered.

Quinnen
Bosa
Murray

They’re all CLEARLY ahead of Allen.

I don’t like when EDGE players get dominated by TEs but hey maybe that’s just me.
You obviously have something against Josh Allen & Obviuously didn't watch all of his games this past season by saying that. I watched him for 4 yrs & he didn't get dominated by a TE at any point, especially this past season. Only one time this past season did i see a lineman have a good game against him, the right tackle in the Georgia game. That dude got away with holding him the entire game to do as good as he did. He was double teamed & held on almost every play all season long. There's a reason he's considered a top 5 pick by all the NFL scouts but I suppose you know more than those people lol.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I am calling Keim’s bluff. He doesn’t have the guts to draft Murray after what he (and Michael Bidwill to an extent) put the fans through. No way do the Cards draft Murray. It will likely be Bosa or a trade down

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry about the multiple posts on McGinest.Was using cell phone and it wasn`t showing the posts as entering the thread.Seems it was showing up here but not on my phone.Never had that problem before.Anyway..sorry about that.

wkycardsfan

Rookie
Reaction score
But there’s only 3 that should be considered.

Quinnen
Bosa
Murray

They’re all CLEARLY ahead of Allen.

I don’t like when EDGE players get dominated by TEs but hey maybe that’s just me.

I don't like when EDGE players have a career high of 7 sacks in a season as a collegiate. After a 5.5 sack senior high school season (impressive against HS OT's) this tells me he has done nothing to prove he is an EDGE RUSHER but hey maybe that's just me. I bet it's his strength that puts him CLEARLY ahead of Allen... but wait 29 vs 28 reps. No it was level of college competition that CLEARLY shows Bosa is far ahead of Allen... oh but wait Allen played in the SEC. I got it, it's college production that puts Bosa clearly ahead of Allen... oh poo not that either. So please enlighten an idiot like me on how Bosa is CLEARLY ahead of Allen? I think both will be very good pro's but to say that Bosa is CLEARLY ahead of Allen is a joke. Q. Williams conditioning would be my only concern outside of that he is solid as hell and no thanks on Murray.