Borden's Dairy files for bankruptcy

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Borden Dairy becomes second major milk producer to file for bankruptcy in two months

Facing heavy debt and industry headwinds, 163-year-old firm joins Dean Foods in Chapter 11 protection

The industry head winds go on from there. Milk producers are up against a decline in cereal sales as consumers shift toward breakfast options with more protein and less sugar. Walmart, the nation’s largest retailer, has started processing some of its own milk, cleaving sales from legacy brands like Borden and Dean, which have had to keep prices low to stay competitive. Americans are even milking goats as never before.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...id-debt-load-headwinds-facing-milk-producers/

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alternate milks do play a role. Diets as well (Low Carb needs to stay away from a lot of milks)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally am part of their downfall as I quit drinking milk a long time ago due to milk supporting hitler.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally am part of their downfall as I quit drinking milk a long time ago due to milk supporting hitler.

that is wrong. Milk never supported Hitler. It was Stalin milk supported