Booker Upset with Front Office?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I know he's small compared to other NBA players but isn't the average height of American males something like 5'9 or 5'10? He's in better shape than your average joe also since he's a professional athlete.

I remember my brother in law met Steve Nash back when he played on the Suns and he was only like 5'8 or so and he was blown away how much bigger Nash was than him. On TV he looked liked a really small guy. It's tough to compare small basketball players to average people. Sure, he's shorter than his teammates but that's because those guys are all 6'5 or taller.
Steve Nash is like 6’3 though (same as Curry). I’ve met both Nash and Ulis (Nash in 2008 and Ulis his rookie season) and there was huge differences between the two. Ulis I’m sure is bigger now than his rookie season but he still doesn’t look to be more than like 160 lbs or so at max.

IT for example is about the same height as Ulis but I do think he outweighs Ulis by a good margin and looks stronger too.

I promise you guys that Ulis wouldn't appear big in person.
Yeah I certainly don’t think so either.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I promise you guys that Ulis wouldn't appear big in person.

Steve Nash is like 6’3 though (same as Curry). I’ve met both Nash and Ulis (Nash in 2008 and Ulis his rookie season) and there was huge differences between the two. Ulis I’m sure is bigger now than his rookie season but he still doesn’t look to be more than like 160 lbs or so at max.

IT for example is about the same height as Ulis but I do think he outweighs Ulis by a good margin and looks stronger too.

Yeah I certainly don’t think so either.

It seems both of you ignored the first half of my post completely. I know Nash is bigger than Ulis. That's not the point I was making, it was only a personal anecdote of sorts saying NBA players aren't as small as they appear on TV.

The main point though was the first paragraph, how Ulis is 5'9 which is the size of your average American male. He may be slimmer, that's fine, but he's not shorter than the average guy you see anywhere in the US since the average height of men in the US is 5'9. So he may be small compared to NBA players but compared to the general public, he's not. I didn't try to say he was big either. I know he's 5'9, which is average. Maybe I should have been a little clearer but I really didn't think I'd get 2 responses saying that Ulis isn't big from that. I thought everyone knew how big he was and mentioning 5'9 for another reason would have caused others to connect the dots but apparently not.

SunsFanFirst

Veteran
Reaction score
Steve Nash may be 6’3” with his bball shoes on. My guess is 6’1” actual height after meeting him in an airport

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KJ came to my school when I was a kid. I remember being SHOCKED at how huge he was. He was a giant! On TV he was the little guy running around all the big guys. My mind was blown lol.

Maybe it's all relative to size. When I met Kevin Johnson I couldn't help but think how small he was. :)