Booker Question

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd lend a hand so you don't get banned again....

Pay close attention to #6. Also pointing out flaws in the swear filter and directly trying to call posters swear words, censored or not, would break rules #1 & #2, and probably #4 given the context of your post. I'm not a mod though. If you have a question, you should PM one of them.

Section 2

Thread 'Suns Forum Rules' https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/suns-forum-rules.92885/
FYI - Everyone should Read the Rules in the link in my signature as they are Site wide as well.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I wish Sarver had given the conference trophy to Booker as well, but perhaps Booker wanted it to go to CP first. CP also said afterwards that Booker was why he wanted to come to the Suns. But most of all I’m glad that Book is introduced last in the starting lineup, so anyone watching knows what we already know.
Being the old soul and smart guy that he is, Book is always going to defer to the first ballot HOFer Paul. And that’s how it should be. We are taught to respect our elders.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i've never been more disappointed to be right
-- than when, again, Booker lost his cool in the 3rd after a bad call on the other end and had to sit with foul trouble (i've called attention to the risks of him losing iq points when agitated many times in this thread)

he was on his way to his best game ever, and in our most important game ever.
without that foul trouble, imo, we win that game and surely the series

i just hope we still do win so i can forget this nagging frustration -- and i believe we will, but it's going to be much harder now
-- especially if CP3 is screwing up passes, avoiding taking the 3, and coming up short on his mid-range. i'm worried he's got that wrist issue

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
bizarre but true, huh Cheese?
one is in the eyes of the beholder
the other is not

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bizarre but true, huh Cheese?
one is in the eyes of the beholder
the other is not

nah. You’re an over obsessed hater. I wasn’t happy that Book got that stupid fifth foul, but he was the ONLY reason we were in the game and if I was only going to post about one thing that lost us the game, it would be CP3’s awful game or Bridges’ complete and utter no show. Not about the only guy who singlehandedly kept us alive.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nah. You’re an over obsessed hater. I wasn’t happy that Book got that stupid fifth foul, but he was the ONLY reason we were in the game and if I was only going to post about one thing that lost us the game, it would be CP3’s awful game or Bridges’ complete and utter no show. Not about the only guy who singlehandedly kept us alive.

Watch out, you disagreed with him so that makes you a troll. Consider yourself lucky that he won't make you sorry like he plans on doing to me soon.

Last edited:

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i'm flattered that some people want to hear from me more often -- on the obvious things everyone else is saying and repeating here and on radio, etc.. after every game. but i don't think there's a forum rule about how many mundane fanboy posts are required before someone can post something original and frank. and dare i say, critical about what Booker needs to do to fulfill his dream -- and ours

speaking of obvious, this should be -- i post mostly on this topic because it frustrates the hell out of me that one of the most gifted players ever to don a Suns uniform, who works so hard, can't get the comparatively easy part down -- stay focused and keep his eye on the prize

to watch slow mos of him working to get a shot off and score by just getting the ball over the outstretched hands of multiple defenders, then risk it all to vent his frustration, is maddening.

i don't cry about players missing shots, like other's do. but i do lament missed opportunities because of bad decisions. if a player is not a great decision maker, that can be ok too as long as they defer to the coach or another leader on the floor and play team ball.

2 games. eye on the prize

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm flattered that some people want to hear from me more often -- on the obvious things everyone else is saying and repeating here and on radio, etc.. after every game. but i don't think there's a forum rule about how many mundane fanboy posts are required before someone can post something original and frank. and dare i say, critical about what Booker needs to do to fulfill his dream -- and ours

speaking of obvious, this should be -- i post mostly on this topic because it frustrates the hell out of me that one of the most gifted players ever to don a Suns uniform, who works so hard, can't get the comparatively easy part down -- stay focused and keep his eye on the prize

to watch slow mos of him working to get a shot off and score by just getting the ball over the outstretched hands of multiple defenders, then risk it all to vent his frustration, is maddening

Most are tired of hearing you rail on and on about Booker to the point that you create reasons to hate on him. That's not asking you to talk about more, its challenging you to prove you aren't just a Booker hater and change up your routine.

Now you want to claim you want the best for Booker? Sorry, not buying it. You've called for him to be traded, complained he's overpaid, and said he'll never be a leader regularly since you've posted here. That isn't wanting what's best for him and this is the first time you've tried contorting your posts in that manner, which is laughable. NOTHING you've said prior to this post comes close to suggesting that's true.

i don't cry about players missing shots, like other's do. but i do lament missed opportunities because of bad decisions. if a player is not a great decision maker, that can be ok too as long as they defer to the coach or another leader on the floor and play team ball.

Since when? You went on and on about trading Booker for Lillard because Lillard is slightly better shooting clutch FG's. Missing a few more shots lowers FG%. You're always complaining his shot selection, even prior to that outlandish trade proposal.

You're also blaming Booker for game 4's loss despite him taking over how you wanted isnt team ball and is typically what you whine about, Booker trying to carry the team. He was carrying the team because he had no help. He couldn't defer to anyone for help because they all sucked.

Spin some more things, call me a troll again, make another toilet joke, and don't forget to change the content of previous posts to try and back your argument well after the fact. Admit you're a hater, its that simple. Do it and you can drop the charade that you post for reasons other than to bash on Booker.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
let's get a few things straight
1. trolling includes saying unfounded things for the purpose of hounding and agitating another poster

2. in the interest of expressing myself clearly, i always go back and read what i posted off the top of my head, and i often add to it or edit it. my advice to others is wait 10 minutes before you troll my post. and also go back and edit your own posts when you find they were based on momentary emotional ignorance.

3. if i want to "hate" on Booker the way others have hated on Ayton, i shall without apology. truth is, however, to accuse me of criticizing him just because i hate him is just something a troll says. the record shows my comments have not been limited to criticism...

April 8
thanks (in no small part) to Booker, we achieved the 2nd best record in the league

April 11
i like that Booker added something new to his game with those too neat bounce passes and a smile -- the latter being most beneficial.

April 14
i've been focusing on him because he's got the hardest part down -- the skills of an All-Star. but we need him to get his head game together for us to compete for a championship.

April 15
imo, Booker = max player, but franchise player is debatable

April 20
yes, Booker's been a great scorer this year -- mixes it up and shares the ball efficiently in the regular flow during most of the game, as does the whole team.

April 26
the best 2 days/games of the season for Booker. i like the Kendall effect!

May 3
i liked how Booker was leading the team. It seemed like he was the only one who was up for this game, from the start, with the right intensity....i think he's learning, but with the playoffs so close, i might have benched him after the T

June 12
he is mostly taking what the defense gives him and letting CP3 lead with controlled, smart basketball. as a result, the team winning BIG with BALANCE.

June 13
i'm delighted with Booker's Denver performances and believe if he keeps it up we could go all the way

June 24
i don't mind that Booker missed a lot of shots last game. i'm content that he took what the defense gave him
...Booker has improved in the areas i've been critical of. he's playing more team ball, forcing things less
...a couple of weeks ago i said that Booker elevated to a top 10 player
...at this point i'd take Booker on my team over Kobe

June 27
i do think Booker will improve with experience
...i'd only hesitate because you could get twice as many good years out of Booker than Lillard

June 28
like some posters here, he's smart enough until he's bumped

June 30
Booker hasn't even shot well in this series since game 1 but, tonight, i'm most proud of Booker
he stayed focused, did what he does best without forcing things,
played his role, let CP3 lead, and he's going to the Finals

Last edited:

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
nah. You’re an over obsessed hater...if I was only going to post about one thing that lost us the game, it would be CP3’s awful game or Bridges’ complete and utter no show. Not about the only guy who singlehandedly kept us alive.

you on March 27...
cheesebeef said:

Book also flat out has to be better in the clutch than he has been lately. He’s shooting something like 39% in the fourth and only 30% in “clutch” time under 5 minutes left in the game for the season.

yeah, he "singlehandedly" kept us in many, if not most of the games you were talking about too.

is it a new rule for others that we can't criticize one element of a game without prioritizing all the factors?

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
my game 5 comments, now in politically correct, priority order:
1. Booker played a great game
2. we wouldn't have been in this game without Booker's great performance
3. we might be on the verge of a championship instead of elimination if, in the final seconds, Booker had passed the ball to a wide open Bridges or CP3 instead of taking on 3 defenders

1 of the 3 correctables i warned about all season that have been working against us in the postseason

the Booker Question?
here's the look Jordan gave Kerr in '97 (and, likely, Paxson in '93) when he told him to "be ready" in the final seconds of game 6 for the championship

You must be registered for see images attach

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
my game 5 comments, now in politically correct, priority order:
1. Booker played a great game
2. we wouldn't have been in this game without Booker's great performance
3. we might be on the verge of a championship instead of elimination if, in the final seconds, Booker had passed the ball to a wide open Bridges or CP3 instead of taking on 3 defenders

1 of the 3 correctables i warned about all season that have been working against us in the postseason

the Booker Question?
here's the look Jordan gave Kerr in '97 (and, likely, Paxson in '93) when he told him to "be ready" in the final seconds of game 6 for the championship

You must be registered for see images attach

Well I’m sure one of those shots were designed plays. Monty just didn’t call a timeout to get the guys set.

today’s media day someone mentioned Ayton being in the wrong spot on that Booker drive and turnover. A timeout could have set us up with a better possession.

yes it does give the bucks a chance to set up but defensive is reactive in those situations.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i'm actually ok with no timeout, given that the chaos of the moment could have afforded us an opportunity
-- if the ball-handler makes the right decision

it became an easy decision for the defense -- because they knew he wasn't going to pass

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope they put to rest all of this Kobe comparison crap. Booker is not and never will be Kobe.
good gravy. That is going to be the longest damn flight of Booker’s life.
OMG and then some. I can't imagine.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope they put to rest all of this Kobe comparison crap. Booker is not and never will be Kobe.

OMG and then some. I can't imagine.

those dudes are probably gonna be BLASTED too.

and yes, seriously, Kobe comparisons need to stop. He’s not at that level. He’s great, but Kobe is arguably top 10 of all time. Booker arguably isn’t even top 10 in the NBA right now.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This came out after game 3 or maybe 4 in the finals. I thought someone else might share it here but apparently no one did. Booker himself called for the Kobe comparisons to stop.

“I know it’s something that everybody has going on right now. I didn’t make that comparison myself, and I just leave it at what he’s done for me as a mentor and the advice that he’s left me with. So I try to take bits and pieces of his mentality and his approach, but I should never be compared to Kobe Bryant.”

Fansided.com/2021/07/19/devin-booker-shoots-down-comparisons-mentor-kobe-bryant-video/

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
everything that needed to be said about Booker has already been said in this thread and validated last season. imo, as surely as his skills got us within 2 wins of a championship, his questionable judgement/decision-making is one of several key reasons we fell short

i read this critique today, that i agreed with:
"LeBron needs to realize that you're not going to win with Russ as your primary decision maker, because he makes the worst decisions." (Shannon Sharpe said on Undisputed. Skip Bayless enthusiastically agreed)
thankfully, Booker is no Westbrook. he's not as hard-headed. and Booker has already accomplished more in the playoffs. but the warning remains. It takes more than stats (Russ has loads of those -- including assists). The Suns will continue to fall short more often than they should with Booker making the Suns' decisions in key moments (as he did, again, in that bad shot at the end of this last Sacramento loss).

this thread is dead to me now. may it rest in peace.
and may Booker absorb as much from Chris Paul as humanly possible before Chris leaves.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose