Booker Question

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
sure, sure, stick up for his team, not be weak, i'm ok with it, it turned out fine

last (simple) question for the manly men, then i will say no more

suns v clippers, game 7, 4th quarter, tie game
Zuback hard fouls Bridges on a drive

do you want Booker to repeat what he did
yes or no?

Last edited:

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
sure, sure, stick up for his team, not be weak, "suns in 4, punch, suns in 4"

last (simple) question, then i will say no more

yes or no?

One, you have to describe the hard foul. Is it a foul that warrants what Booker did? Was it to Bridges' head? Did Bridges collapse in a heap of pain? Did it show reckless disregard for Bridges' wellbeing? What Jokic did warranted a Suns teammate getting in his face over. If it's not a flagrant 2 type of foul, than it does not warrant a flagrant 2 type of response from a teammate.

Two, all Booker did was get in Jokic's face to let him know his action was unacceptable. He even let Jokic walk him down after without retaliation. He handled it perfectly. I think he was fully aware of the situation, what it could lead to, and what he could and could not afford to do there. So yes, I am not only fine with it, I expect it, and so does the team. That is what a good teammate does. It's vital for the health of team chemistry.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
sure, sure, stick up for his team, not be weak, i'm ok with it, it turned out fine

last (simple) question for the manly men, then i will say no more

yes or no?
Not for a "hard" foul, for a flagrant 2 someone must puff up doesn't have to be Book.

If no one does anything the whole "family" feeling dies, which IMO is exactly what makes this team special.

If my only choice is Booker or nobody then yes 100% Booker should stand up.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
June 12, 2021

check, mate

You only started posting again after you were called out for your vanishing act when we were winning

You are a pigeon playing chess. Just crapping on the board and declaring victory.

You literally only post in this singular thread in an attempt to argue with people but at the same time declaring your fandom.

It's transparent and pathetic.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You only started posting again after you were called out for your vanishing act when we were winning

You are a pigeon playing chess. Just crapping on the board and declaring victory.

You literally only post in this singular thread in an attempt to argue with people but at the same time declaring your fandom.

It's transparent and pathetic.

The real checkmate was letting him walk right into it.

Now he'll edit his "check, mate" post in some way to try and make it look like he knew what you were saying all along.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The real checkmate was letting him walk right into it.

Now he'll edit his "check, mate" post in some way to try and make it look like he knew what you were saying all along.

Honestly my intent was just to get him to congratulate Booker for his playoff performance.

Anything beyond that I could not have predicted.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly my intent was just to get him to congratulate Booker for his playoff performance.

Anything beyond that I could not have predicted.

The only thing predictable with him is he's never going to give Booker credit. I can see us winning the title and he'll point to Chris Paul as Finals MVP as a reason Booker isn't a true leader.

However him thinking he had a great reply to your "pigeons playing chess" comment showed just how much he thinks before spewing his rhetoric. He proved your point by trying to claim "check, mate" like it was somehow a compliment, like when people say "everyone is playing checkers but that guy is playing chess".

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
and
i turned Devin Booker into a newt

if you two had lived in Salem Massachusetts in 1692, you'd have lit the fires

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I support Book’s response in the altercation. To use an analogy he did what a captain does in hockey, not what an enforcer does in hockey. He was on the court and he didn’t instigate anything. The risk was a technical, which he got, but the T was more a warning to both teams than a true penalty for Booker IMO. Had Booker been tossed that would have been unjustified.