Booker Question

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Devin Booker playoff stats.

29.7p, 6.2r, 5a, 49% (43% from 3), 94% ft, 3 steals (yes per game)

Book as a complete player, on D too.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Devin Booker playoff stats.

29.7p, 6.2r, 5a, 49% (43% from 3), 94% ft, 3 steals (yes per game)

Book as a complete player, on D too.

3 steals in the 6 games.

He did play very good defense, though.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
3 steals in the 6 games.

He did play very good defense, though.
Ha. Basketball-reference had it listed as per/game. Should have double-check. I just believed it. They have corrected since I posted. Nice catch. Thank you.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha. Basketball-reference had it listed as per/game. Should have double-check. I just believed it. They have corrected since I posted. Nice catch. Thank you.

regardless, he showed the FULL game. Raised his Scoring, defense and what I really want to see, the rebounding and assist numbers. Helping on the boards with 6 a game and 5 dimes is big.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tweet from Sidery

Here’s a crazy, unexpected stat: Devin Booker has the best DFG% amongst all players in the playoffs so far (min. 10 attempts). Booker is allowing only 34.7% of shots to fall when he’s guarding them.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Tweet from Sidery

Here’s a crazy, unexpected stat: Devin Booker has the best DFG% amongst all players in the playoffs so far (min. 10 attempts). Booker is allowing only 34.7% of shots to fall when he’s guarding them.

Much of this has to do with Lakers shooters being awful all series. Booker needs to keep up his good play on defense against Rivers.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
imo, Booker = max player, but franchise player is debatable,
though when a team considers a player un-tradable and plans on building around him for the foreseeable future, the franchise label applies

but for now, i think of him as our key offensive weapon.
this team's ticket in these playoffs is their collective strength

Come on 2Sun. Don't just vanish

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kobe had the athleticism to physically dominate virtually every player he came up against like Jordan did. Booker can on limited occasions but neither as consistently nor as completely as those two.

Kobe and Jordan = footwork

Kobe = post

Jordan = mid range

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i (and other reality based posters) stopped posting here because of being trolled by a few homers who couldn't handle the truth

indeed, i couldn't have been more right about Booker, just as i was about dumping the prior coach (which resulted in going from the worst team to title contender in 2 years)

i warned that Booker needed to get rid of his bad habits or it would cost us in the playoffs.

Booker had a great Laker game 1 until he started playing Booker ball in the 4th. Luckily Monty roled the dice with CP3 who steadied the ship.

we lost game 2 and 3 (which were both winnable) in part because Booker tried to force things, got argumentative, and ejected. the whole season looked seriously in jeopardy. i think/hope he was scared straight that night.

game 6 he was hot and, rightfully, stayed aggressive in a performance that may have lifted him from a top 12 or 15 player to a top 10 player. But it was these 3 Denver games that were more important for his growth and the team's success.

though he still throws the ball away sometimes by holding it too long when being double teamed, he is mostly taking what the defense gives him and letting CP3 lead with controlled, smart basketball. as a result, the team winning BIG with BALANCE.

when the CP3 trade was announced, i was against it. but as i posted a few days later, i was all for it when i considered how important it would be for him to show Booker how to be a leader, by example, for a year or 2

troll that

i'll stop posting here for good as soon as i get around to finding a less petty and hostile environment

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I agree with CP3 that Ayton has been the Suns’ Playoff MVP, and he is to me the true franchise player instead of Booker.

That being said, Booker is an easy max guy and will be an excellent lead guard next to our franchise center for years to come. The key, as tin soldier aptly put it back in April, is the team’s collective strength. Bridges and Crowder and Payne and Craig and Johnson and even Dario now are the best peripheral players left in this tournament (with the possible exception of the Jazz 4-9 guys, but even they have to play tomato cans like Niang and Oni). Also, the system that all of the players implement is why they are succeeding moreso than the talent level of the best players.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That wasn’t even close to a 1Sun caliber take. Weird.

I started calling him 2Sun because he'd routinely back 1Suns doom and gloom takes while a!so sharing his penchant for knit picking small details, generally focused on Booker while 1Sun would focus on CP3 and injuries.

We could win by 20 and 2Sun would make a post highlighting how we should have won by 30 except Booker did this, that, and a Kardashian. If we lost though it was always Booker's fault, somehow, for not taking enough control or too much, generally.

His username in line with 1Suns while browsing were similar enough that I just started considering them 1Sun, 2Sun.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We have people on this board who will always have a "yes, but ". We also have people on this board who ridicule others on this board when they don't agree with them.

:pullhair:

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
weak. i never once said the suns should have won by even more if not for Book, the Kardashian stuff was (mostly) humor, and yes, Booker's control is too often out of control

summing up my 1,000 posts with a lie and a joke is a joke

the only thing me and 1sun had in common was the number 1 and the audacity to forecast continued "doom and gloom" if we clung to a bad coach and to Booker being our point guard too

the kind of stuff the rest of the league can see, but that sadly makes homers nervous and antagonistic

duh, CP3 gets more credit for the Suns success and more All-Star and MVP votes than Book because of the very criticisms myself and a few others dare mention with the thought-police on patrol

but, overall, even when they were losers, i have positively liked most of the players on this team (including Book when he isn't getting T's, barking at players, or forcing shots). i was disappointed in Ayton but gave him slack. in fact, when the team had their low point early in the season and many were calling the CP3 trade a bust i strongly rejected that knee-jerk pessimism

i'm delighted with Booker's Denver performances and believe if he keeps it up we could go all the way (if one of the Nets superstar Divas is out)

p.s.
to the b.s. artist formerly known as Poop, forum rules prohibit me from telling you what you are (but why should that matter when the moderator has become the 3rd worst bully troll on board?)

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
in reaching the Conference Finals, the player i'm happiest for is...
Devin Booker

if they reach the Finals i'm happiest for Paul

the Suns won by playing smart
much smarter than Denver
Denver's coach blamed his team
i blame him (dissing his team, over-playing Porter who's a chucker and defensive liability, making no adjustments to deal with Paul's midrange, not getting Jokic to pound his big body into the paint more)

Last edited:

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i try to cool out on Booker, but he keeps pulling me back in...

totally immature to get involved and reward a Suns' fan with tickets and a jersey for getting into a dumb-a** brawl with a Denver fan

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHO THREW THE FIRST PUNCH
only idiots on both sides could have started it
and that last punch after it should have been over could have broken a nose or ruptured an eye

and while i'm at it...
if you're irreplaceable, don't stick your damn face in the face of Jokic because it could have easily escalated to an injury or suspension

(and spare me the macho "i'm glad he's sticking up for his team" crap which gets us nowhere but on the sidelines of the playoffs again)

if Booker could just keep asking himself, "what would (36 year old) CP3 do?"
we might just get this thing done after 52 years!!!

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i try to cool out on Booker, but he keeps pulling me back in...

totally immature to get involved and reward a Suns' fan with tickets and a jersey for getting into a dump-a** brawl with a Denver fan

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHO THREW THE FIRST PUNCH
only idiots on both sides could have started it
and that last punch after it should have been over could have broken a nose or ruptured an eye

and while i'm at it...
if you're irreplaceable, don't stick your damn face in the face of Jokic because it could have easily escalated to an injury or suspension

(and spare me the macho "i'm glad he's sticking up for his team" crap which gets us nowhere but on the sidelines of the playoffs again)

we might just get this thing done after 52 years!!!

Good to see you've returned to form, 2Sun.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lets ask Chris Paul about not confronting players on the court, he's such a great example.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i certainly believe/hope 36 YEAR OLD Paul is not stupid enough to needlessly mix it up with Jokic in an elimination game or reward an idiot for causing a ruckus in Denver's building, in front of their fan's kids and families dealing with an embarrassing sweep. have some class man.

the teams shake hands. fans should too, instead of punching each other in the face

grow up