Booker Question

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wait! What are we arguing about again? And who is on what side? I am getting completely turned around here.

Go back a couple of pages and click see ignored users or whatever it says in the bottom right of the page.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is part of why putting a user on ignore creates more issues than it solves. You're missing a poster take the extreme side of "Booker isn't a leader, he's just a punk because he did X, which almost cost us the season." Since you're missing what others are replying to, it seems like you're splitting hairs and looking way too close at a situation when in reality, you're only seeing half of a discussion and not seeing context to the majority of what is being said.

Not blaming you. Its just an issue with message boards in general. Probably 2 dozen posts could have been avoided if everyone saw both sides.
But I’m only replying to posts that quote me.

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
"what if the suns won the coin flip"
and
"what if Paxson missed that 3"
in no way compares to
"what if the Booker v Jokic face-off got out of hand and led to a technical, ejection, or suspension?" -- after he was already ejected from a playoff game and has been getting technicals all year.

as if, risky behavior should only be criticized if something bad comes out of it. here's a comparison. why discourage a friend from driving drunk? just say "good luck. i hope someone doesn't get hurt or you get jailed or get your license suspended"

shame on me for debating trolls

How many times are you going to edit a post to change its content after its already been quoted and replied to, in some lame attempt to save face? Totally weak.

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
But I’m only replying to posts that quote me.

There are still 2 sides to this discussion and you're on one with someone you have on ignore, while most everyone else is on the other. That's causing replies to you and your stance getting mixed with replies and post that also address issues he's addressed. So while you may be getting quoted, you're also getting some things pointed towards you that are more directed at that side of the discussion rather than you personally.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
There are still 2 sides to this discussion and you're on one with someone you have on ignore, while most everyone else is on the other. That's causing replies to you and your stance getting mixed with replies and post that also address issues he's addressed. So while you may be getting quoted, you're also getting some things pointed towards you that are more directed at that side of the discussion rather than you personally.
Okay, we’ll that’s not really a proper way to argue with someone, attributing someone else’s comments. But okay, fine.

itlnsunsfan

Registered
Reaction score
You want to believe all that? Okay. Your prerogative. I don’t think, and never said, it was going to put entire playoffs at risk. That must be another poster. I still think it was an unnecessary T. Obviously neither of us is going to convince each other. Done arguing.

Lol just so you know, I respond with vigor to you out of respect. Im not sure if I told you this before. I am an engineer now, but there was a time many years ago when I was in law school. I had something of an existential crisis and dropped out. To this day, I wonder what my life would look like had I stayed. For me, debating with you is a bit like like getting a chance to play one on one with steph curry.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
First world problems.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol just so you know, I respond with vigor to you out of respect. Im not sure if I told you this before. I am an engineer now, but there was a time many years ago when I was in law school. I had something of an existential crisis and dropped out. To this day, I wonder what my life would look like had I stayed. For me, debating with you is a bit like like getting a chance to play one on one with steph curry.

Come on man... my brother’s ego is big enough! You don’t need to add to it!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
NOT A WORD!

Bring on the Clippers we got something for Boy George.

SUNS IN 4
I like when we play players I dislike. Makes the games more intense. I dislike George a good deal. And of course Morris. I want the suns to be reason they don’t advance.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
there's some real hard-heads here. macho, yet highly sensitive

my criticism was not a big deal, and neither was the altercation
but the truth is as simple as 1,2,3 :

1. yes, Booker gets too many needless T's
2. yes, T's, ejections, and/or suspensions can cost a team a game and thus a series and end their season (it's already happened to the Suns)
3. Monty and every other coach in the NBA will tell their players DO NOT do what Booker did. Period. And if you were coach, you would too, because it's the smart thing to do (for your team and teammates), and it's the right thing to do (for the sport, otherwise every game would be out of control.

there are hard foul violations every frigging game, numb-nuts!

WHAT YOU OR I WOULD OR SHOULD DO IN THE SCHOOLYARD IS IRRELEVANT

there's no crying in PRO BASKETBALL, play ball, stick the shot, reject theirs, steal the ball and beat them on the scoreboard! it's what they're being payed up to thousands of dollars per minute to do and the refs are being paid handsomely to fairly deal with the rest

like i said in the first post on this. stick that "stand up, got each other's back" crap.
if you're not man enough to say what you'd say as coach, you're not entitled to brag about honor

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow so much drama this morning. Book was never going to put himself in a situation to get suspended. He knew what he was doing. He was going to stick up for his team because psychologically not looking like a weak punk is part of the gamesmanship. Have zero issue with what Booker did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pokinmik