Booker pulled his hammy during game 3 of the finals

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I saw this yesterday and was surprised no one brought it up. Booker pulled his hamstring during the 3rd game of the Finals. That was the game he sat out the 4th quarter and everyone wondered what the deal was. He came back and had some huge games later and those were all done with a bad hamstring.

I guess this can be added to the list of things that kept us from winning the championship alongside Dario's ACL and Paul's hand.

This was revealed by Monty during the Woj podcast he was recently on.

Arizonasports.com/story/2775697/suns-monty-williams-to-woj-devin-booker-hurt-hammy-finals-game-3/

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I got to give Booker even more credit for sticking with his Team USA commitment and going to go earn a gold medal. He had no time off and was 3 full games removed from suffering thar injury.

He also followed up that game with back to back 40 point outings also, going for 42 in game 4 and 40 in game 5.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess it’s only fair considering we missed 12 combined games of AD, Kawhi, Murray and a nursed ankle Lebron.

That's one way to look at it.

I think the injury is important to note amongst Suns fans because he was getting a lot of grief for sitting out that 4th quarter. He came out and played extremely well in games 4 & 5 on a busted leg, which is admirable. That also helped silence those who were bashing him for missing that quarter. Knowing he was out because of injury makes more sense. There was no reason to have him out there when we were down 20 and he was ailing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think the injury is important to note amongst Suns fans because he was getting a lot of grief for sitting out that 4th quarter. He came out and played extremely well in games 4 & 5 on a busted leg, which is admirable. That also helped silence those who were bashing him for missing that quarter. Knowing he was out because of injury makes more sense. There was no reason to have him out there when we were down 20 and he was ailing.

were there a lot of people here bashing him? I just figured that Monty felt the game was going towards blowout (which It had been save one Cam Johnson explosive stretch) and that’s why Book didn’t get back in.

and I cant play the injury card with the all the injuries along our path. At the beginning of the playoffs I said that I thought we were looking at a war of attrition for the Finals. Healthiest team at the end of the season was gonna win. And that’s pretty much what happened.

(note... not saying YOU are playing the injury card. Just wanted to state my opinion about the subject).

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

I was also sarcasming your sarcasm. :)

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
were there a lot of people here bashing him? I just figured that Monty felt the game was going towards blowout (which It had been save one Cam Johnson explosive stretch) and that’s why Book didn’t get back in.

and I cant play the injury card with the all the injuries along our path. At the beginning of the playoffs I said that I thought we were looking at a war of attrition for the Finals. Healthiest team at the end of the season was gonna win. And that’s pretty much what happened.

(note... not saying YOU are playing the injury card. Just wanted to state my opinion about the subject).

I want to be clear that I'm not playing the injury card in a bitter way at all. I meant it more as in if we were healthy then we probably win the title but I don't mean to excuse our loss or take away from the Bucks. We can't change what happened and even though it sucks to have lost I'm surprisingly ok with it.

I know you noted things at the end, I'm not directing this at you so much as just putting it out there.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think this is also interesting going forward into game 5 and 6.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson