Boldin: "There is no bad blood, There is no bad feelings"

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Centers resume is legit.

827 receptions and 6,797 yards receiving as a Fullback. He's #30 in NFL history in receptions. Played here 8 years and was Pro Bowl x2 and All Pro x1
If you say "Cardinals + Larry" the first thing I will always think of is Larry Centers. I remember all of those games at SDS - sitting in Section 37 - chanting "Larry !! Larry !! Larry !!" long before Fitz. Centers was incredible as a pass-catching FB. When he left Arizona he was our franchise leader in receptions. Period. He still ranks third in that category only behind Fitz and Boldin.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is this QB not in the right of honor:

Played for the Cardinals 8 years, his entire career.

47-57-2
22,721 yards passing
136 TDs
Pro Bowler x2

I mean shouldn't that guy be in over Palmer?
I'd have no issue with Lomax although I think his best years were ahead of him and lost to his arthritic hip. He was a two-time Pro Bowler but also played so poorly that he was benched a couple of times each season he played in St. Louis.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you say "Cardinals + Larry" the first thing I will always think of is Larry Centers. I remember all of those games at SDS - sitting in Section 37 - chanting "Larry !! Larry !! Larry !!" long before Fitz. Centers was incredible as a pass-catching FB. When he left Arizona he was our franchise leader in receptions. Period. He still ranks third in that category only behind Fitz and Boldin.

Centers was a mascot for a terrible franchise. Yes, he gave his heart and soul, but he was never great and a ring of honor should be limited to either greatness or at worst a key figure who brought us a title.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carson in the ROH is fine with me. One of the best QB's to ever play here. He probably deserves it just for 2015 alone. Wish he had come here sooner.

Throughout five seasons with the Cardinals, Palmer completed 1,373 of 2,197 passes for 16,782 yards and 105 touchdowns. He holds three of the top five single-season yardage marks in franchise history.

Years With the Cardinals: 2013–17
Regular Season Record: 38-21-1
Playoff Appearances: 2015
Playoff Record: 1–1
Pro Bowl: 2015
All-Pro: 2015

For all of the sucky QB's we have had to endure it was nice to show up on game days not worrying about that position during those years.

His being in the ROH just shows just how crappy we have been as a franchise - not that he isn't worthy.

It shows both.

Basically he had one GREAT season and okay/injury marred seasons otherwise.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Centers was a mascot for a terrible franchise. Yes, he gave his heart and soul, but he was never great and a ring of honor should be limited to either greatness or at worst a key figure who brought us a title.
Larry set records - NFL records - while playing here. Not just "Cardinals' records." When he retired he was 7th in all-time receptions in the league. He still holds the record for running backs and ranks fourth all-time in catches by non-receivers. He is still ahead of Steve Largent, Shannon Sharpe, Michael Irvin, Calvin Johnson, etc.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Larry set records - NFL records - while playing here. Not just "Cardinals' records." When he retired he was 7th in all-time receptions in the league. He still holds the record for running backs and ranks fourth all-time in catches by non-receivers. He is still ahead of Steve Largent, Shannon Sharpe, Michael Irvin, Calvin Johnson, etc.

He was a check-down magnate who never materially changed any game on offense. Sorry, just because we had absolutely terrible talent at WR and QB where the entirety of the offense was dump-offs to Larry, doesn’t make him a ROH guy. In my opinion of course.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When we had Centers we had Jake Plummer, Rob Moore, and Frank Sanders at the same time. Those guys were all part of the first playoff win in franchise history.

In 1997, the Cardinals were #3 in the NFL in Passing Yards. In 1998, they were #8.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In 1997, our trash receivers were:

Rob Moore 1587 yards First Team All Pro and Pro Bowler
Frank Sanders 1017 yards

This is a strangely bad take.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1996 when Centers Made All Pro first team and his Pro Bowl selection...

That was the last Boomer year

Rob Moore 1016 yards
Frank Sanders 813 yards

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When we had Centers we had Jake Plummer, Rob Moore, and Frank Sanders at the same time. Those guys were all part of the first playoff win in franchise history.

In 1997, the Cardinals were #3 in the NFL in Passing Yards. In 1998, they were #8.

and Centers stats when the team had ACTUAL TALENT on offense plummeted from when we had zero talent.

Those offenses got better because they had a Rob Moore, Frank Sanders, Adrian Murrel, where Centers could go back to being what he was... a check-down. We just didn't have to check down on EVERY play that made him a stat-stuffer that did literally nothing to make the atrocious offenses he was on better.

Previous to 1997 and 1998, as a full-time starter Centers had 603, 647, 962 and 766 recieving yards. The offense was always ATROCIOUS save for one incredible 3 game run by Boomer Esaison in 1996. The next two years when the team actually started getting talent on it, his numbers dropped to 409 and 559 yards in 1997/1998. They sure as hell weren't #3 and #8 in passing yards because they had the king of checkdown, cheese yards getting 8 yards on continual 3rd and 13s.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But even in the wrong position Warner somehow get that was his best option and throw to it anyway? Makes a ton Of sense right?
Makes perfect sense if he wanted to assuage Boldin's butt hurt from being overshadowed by Fitz all throughout the playoffs. :shrug:

...dave

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes perfect sense if he wanted to assuage Boldin's butt hurt from being overshadowed by Fitz all throughout the playoffs. :shrug:

...dave
Kurts not worried about feelings in a SB. Lol

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I’m totally conflicted on Boldin. He was my favorite player. I’ve got three of his jerseys and probably 25 quality cards of his. He also is responsible for the best thread of all time. But man I would have liked him better with some more sensibility about the circumstances he was in. He can go in the Ravens ring of honor, I guess.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

...dave

Q had some massive postseason performances as Baltimore’s #1 WR. Even though I wanted him to be here for his entire career he got out at the right time. Palmer getting in a year after retiring was probably proof that any non-company man ain’t getting in the ROH.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Centers resume is legit.

827 receptions and 6,797 yards receiving as a Fullback. He's #30 in NFL history in receptions. Played here 8 years and was Pro Bowl x2 and All Pro x1
I think he’s the closest. But he played a relatively low impact position on a virtually poor team (though he was a member of the 98 squad, albeit a lesser player at that time bc we finally had some more talent). His numbers were more a result of the fact we didn’t have much talent and the ball had to go somewhere. I love Larry bc he gave us all he had, and maybe thats enough for ROH. But I think almost every other team in the L would be like “wut? Larry centers?”

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he’s the closest. But he played a relatively low impact position on a virtually poor team (though he was a member of the 98 squad, albeit a lesser player at that time bc we finally had some more talent). His numbers were more a result of the fact we didn’t have much talent and the ball had to go somewhere. I love Larry bc he gave us all he had, and maybe thats enough for ROH. But I think almost every other team in the L would be like “wut? Larry centers?”

This sums up my thoughts. Shocker, I know.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Larry Centers (always a fan favorite) played the majority of his career for the Phoenix/Arizona Cardinals, but he also played for the Washington Redskins, the Buffalo Bills, and finally, he won a Super Bowl with the New England Patriots. But on game days during the season - you're likely to find him and Frank Sanders walking around the concourse at State Farm Stadium supporting the Arizona Cardinals.

I love seeing former players walking around the stadium taking their time to greet fans, sign autographs, pose for pics, etc. Kwamie Lassiter used to do the same before his untimely passing.

Go Cards !! :newcards:

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I love seeing former players walking around the stadium taking their time to greet fans, sign autographs, pose for pics, etc. Kwamie Lassiter used to do the same before his untimely passing.

Go Cards !! :newcards:

Frank Sanders has been at tailgate several times. What a gentleman. I believe he now avoids me because I've asked him so many times about his catch in the Cowboy playoff game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m totally conflicted on Boldin. He was my favorite player. I’ve got three of his jerseys and probably 25 quality cards of his. He also is responsible for the best thread of all time. But man I would have liked him better with some more sensibility about the circumstances he was in. He can go in the Ravens ring of honor, I guess.
Call me pissy all you want, but this is where I am. I still wear my boldin authentic jersey too. Imo it’s not whether he was a great player - that’s HOF. This is about the cardinals. As fans we are dedicated to the team for good or bad. Loyalty. I get that it’s a business and he was mad about business reasons. But he made his business decisions. That’s what salaries and bonuses are for. The ROH is for dedication and contribution to the cardinals. I put loyalty and team first attitude as a high standard in that determination.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can't hate on Boldin frankly. Yeah he acted like a baby, but anyone who follows the Cardinals knows Fitz was an immature diva also until Kurt straightened him out. If I'm not mistaken, Kurt had to straighten Fitz out during a playoff game. Forget your touches, we're trying to win this game, playoffs are a different animal. That kind of thing. Boldin wanted to win titles and thought he was the best way to do that. He won one and Fitz didn't and Kurt didn't win one with us, so...he's not wrong.

As far as ring of honor here: probably not. There are legends going back to their time in St Louis that aren't on there. Carson Palmer got on there for nothing. I'm more offended by that than Boldin. He wasn't here long and he did what Palmer always does, which is take his team nowhere and lose in the playoffs.

(Edit: I'd like to add to this point about Palmer. I didn't read back then about all the angst about Palmer that I do about Kyler. Dude threw 5 INT games multiple times for us. And Kyler is a much, much (not even close) better QB than Carson Palmer. Palmer was trash when he came to us and he did what he's always historically done, which is basically not win big games. People here love Carson Palmer. And Kyler Murray's ceiling is twice as high while making half the mistakes)

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I can't hate on Boldin frankly. Yeah he acted like a baby, but anyone who follows the Cardinals knows Fitz was an immature diva also until Kurt straightened him out. If I'm not mistaken, Kurt had to straighten Fitz out during a playoff game. Forget your touches, we're trying to win this game, playoffs are a different animal. That kind of thing. Boldin wanted to win titles and thought he was the best way to do that. He won one and Fitz didn't and Kurt didn't win one with us, so...he's not wrong.

As far as ring of honor here: probably not. There are legends going back to their time in St Louis that aren't on there. Carson Palmer got on there for nothing. I'm more offended by that than Boldin. He wasn't here long and he did what Palmer always does, which is take his team nowhere and lose in the playoffs.

(Edit: I'd like to add to this point about Palmer. I didn't read back then about all the angst about Palmer that I do about Kyler. Dude threw 5 INT games multiple times for us. And Kyler is a much, much (not even close) better QB than Carson Palmer. Palmer was trash when he came to us and he did what he's always historically done, which is basically not win big games. People here love Carson Palmer. And Kyler Murray's ceiling is twice as high while making half the mistakes)
Dude Palmer and Warner got passes for one reason and one reason only: wins and playoffs. Warner got us to the super bowl and won the division twice. Palmer had double digit win seasons in his first three years with us and got us to an NFC Championship game. Those items buy you a LOT of leeway. Kyler will get there imo. And luckily we should have him for many more seasons than our retreads.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loyalty to the Cardinals? Always. Loyalty to organization? When they deserve it. Which has been a very small percentage of the time.
Yea it goes both ways... The Cardinals org certainly has a lengthy history of not reciprocating loyalty to many players over the years...

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose