Boldin: "There is no bad blood, There is no bad feelings"

cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he’s the closest. But he played a relatively low impact position on a virtually poor team (though he was a member of the 98 squad, albeit a lesser player at that time bc we finally had some more talent). His numbers were more a result of the fact we didn’t have much talent and the ball had to go somewhere. I love Larry bc he gave us all he had, and maybe thats enough for ROH. But I think almost every other team in the L would be like “wut? Larry centers?”

This sums up my thoughts. Shocker, I know.

Brian in Mesa

I Want To Believe
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Larry Centers (always a fan favorite) played the majority of his career for the Phoenix/Arizona Cardinals, but he also played for the Washington Redskins, the Buffalo Bills, and finally, he won a Super Bowl with the New England Patriots. But on game days during the season - you're likely to find him and Frank Sanders walking around the concourse at State Farm Stadium supporting the Arizona Cardinals.

I love seeing former players walking around the stadium taking their time to greet fans, sign autographs, pose for pics, etc. Kwamie Lassiter used to do the same before his untimely passing.

Go Cards !! :newcards:

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I love seeing former players walking around the stadium taking their time to greet fans, sign autographs, pose for pics, etc. Kwamie Lassiter used to do the same before his untimely passing.

Go Cards !! :newcards:

Frank Sanders has been at tailgate several times. What a gentleman. I believe he now avoids me because I've asked him so many times about his catch in the Cowboy playoff game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m totally conflicted on Boldin. He was my favorite player. I’ve got three of his jerseys and probably 25 quality cards of his. He also is responsible for the best thread of all time. But man I would have liked him better with some more sensibility about the circumstances he was in. He can go in the Ravens ring of honor, I guess.
Call me pissy all you want, but this is where I am. I still wear my boldin authentic jersey too. Imo it’s not whether he was a great player - that’s HOF. This is about the cardinals. As fans we are dedicated to the team for good or bad. Loyalty. I get that it’s a business and he was mad about business reasons. But he made his business decisions. That’s what salaries and bonuses are for. The ROH is for dedication and contribution to the cardinals. I put loyalty and team first attitude as a high standard in that determination.

HomerPimpson

All Star
Reaction score
I can't hate on Boldin frankly. Yeah he acted like a baby, but anyone who follows the Cardinals knows Fitz was an immature diva also until Kurt straightened him out. If I'm not mistaken, Kurt had to straighten Fitz out during a playoff game. Forget your touches, we're trying to win this game, playoffs are a different animal. That kind of thing. Boldin wanted to win titles and thought he was the best way to do that. He won one and Fitz didn't and Kurt didn't win one with us, so...he's not wrong.

As far as ring of honor here: probably not. There are legends going back to their time in St Louis that aren't on there. Carson Palmer got on there for nothing. I'm more offended by that than Boldin. He wasn't here long and he did what Palmer always does, which is take his team nowhere and lose in the playoffs.

(Edit: I'd like to add to this point about Palmer. I didn't read back then about all the angst about Palmer that I do about Kyler. Dude threw 5 INT games multiple times for us. And Kyler is a much, much (not even close) better QB than Carson Palmer. Palmer was trash when he came to us and he did what he's always historically done, which is basically not win big games. People here love Carson Palmer. And Kyler Murray's ceiling is twice as high while making half the mistakes)

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I can't hate on Boldin frankly. Yeah he acted like a baby, but anyone who follows the Cardinals knows Fitz was an immature diva also until Kurt straightened him out. If I'm not mistaken, Kurt had to straighten Fitz out during a playoff game. Forget your touches, we're trying to win this game, playoffs are a different animal. That kind of thing. Boldin wanted to win titles and thought he was the best way to do that. He won one and Fitz didn't and Kurt didn't win one with us, so...he's not wrong.

As far as ring of honor here: probably not. There are legends going back to their time in St Louis that aren't on there. Carson Palmer got on there for nothing. I'm more offended by that than Boldin. He wasn't here long and he did what Palmer always does, which is take his team nowhere and lose in the playoffs.

(Edit: I'd like to add to this point about Palmer. I didn't read back then about all the angst about Palmer that I do about Kyler. Dude threw 5 INT games multiple times for us. And Kyler is a much, much (not even close) better QB than Carson Palmer. Palmer was trash when he came to us and he did what he's always historically done, which is basically not win big games. People here love Carson Palmer. And Kyler Murray's ceiling is twice as high while making half the mistakes)
Dude Palmer and Warner got passes for one reason and one reason only: wins and playoffs. Warner got us to the super bowl and won the division twice. Palmer had double digit win seasons in his first three years with us and got us to an NFC Championship game. Those items buy you a LOT of leeway. Kyler will get there imo. And luckily we should have him for many more seasons than our retreads.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loyalty to the Cardinals? Always. Loyalty to organization? When they deserve it. Which has been a very small percentage of the time.
Yea it goes both ways... The Cardinals org certainly has a lengthy history of not reciprocating loyalty to many players over the years...

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think he’s the closest. But he played a relatively low impact position on a virtually poor team (though he was a member of the 98 squad, albeit a lesser player at that time bc we finally had some more talent). His numbers were more a result of the fact we didn’t have much talent and the ball had to go somewhere. I love Larry bc he gave us all he had, and maybe thats enough for ROH. But I think almost every other team in the L would be like “wut? Larry centers?”
This.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Loyalty to the Cardinals? Always. Loyalty to organization? When they deserve it. Which has been a very small percentage of the time.
As much as we want to think otherwise, it’s fantasy to separate the two. Particularly when it’s been family owned for so long.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yea it goes both ways... The Cardinals org certainly has a lengthy history of not reciprocating loyalty to many players over the years...
True. I’m sure it doesn’t make those players’ ROH.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
As much as we want to think otherwise, it’s fantasy to separate the two. Particularly when it’s been family owned for so long.
I guess...personally I have no problem loving the Cardinals and tolerating the Bidwills, but to each his own.