Boldin might not play Sunday?

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Saw this on the Boston Globe's page today. I guess it makes sense to make sure they're healthy for the playoffs, but the Cards are facing a stiff enough test with a Pats team that needs this game to have any shot at the payoffs, and a winter storm forecast for gametime. :sad:

Cardinals receiver Anquan Boldin missed practice for the second day in a row because of a shoulder injury, and coach Ken Whisenhunt told reporters that he could be held out of Sunday's game against the Patriots.

Running back J.J. Arrington (right knee sprain) also hasn't practiced this week.

"I think that both these guys want to play and if they're ready to go, they'll play," Whisenhunt said, according to the Arizona Republic and the Arizona Cardinals' official website. "But I think also, you have to be smart with that situation. If this was a game that for us meant to get into the playoffs, it would be a completely different scenario."

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
No way in hell he should play if he's not 100 percent healthy. Matter of fact there is a much better argument he shouldn't play regardless no matter how healthy he is. That really goes for anyone on this team thats got any injury issues at this point.

freebyrd

Reaction score
he's reaching his peak but look for a fast decline because of his style of play do you want anything out of him or if you want to see him retire as a crippled cardinal your choice

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he's reaching his peak but look for a fast decline because of his style of play do you want anything out of him or if you want to see him retire as a crippled cardinal your choice

You are so overdramatic it isnt even funny.

rode kardinaal

Registered
Reaction score
Relying on Boldin for my fantasy championship game....

But if him resting, getting better, and playing great after that resulting in winning the Cardinals a couple of play-off games, then i'll take it....

freebyrd

Reaction score
you know shane i luv ya and not in a weird way

abd your avatars great but your boldin manlove is over the top the guys got two maybe three good years left, or he could be done the next time he touches the ball we all know that

he only knows one way to play football aggressive and looking forward to contact, stepping out of bounds before the first down the other game was probably the smartest thing he did he needs to start avoiding some of the punishing blows he dishes out

most times he comes out on the good side of that contact but soon and i believe deep down Q knows it he's gonna be coming up on the short side of those blows hes been taking for six years

i want to see him walk and have a life after football. yes i've made it clear i want to trade him and do whats best for the team
maybe I'm wrong there's no doubt Q is a special player but its a two edged sword that's why we could get a lot for him and thats what makes you want to throw a wheelbarrow full of money at him

its just my opinion that we would then have way to much money tied up in one position we need edge rushers, berry aint getting any younger, o-linemen
secondary help
and a damn running game
if Q signs a big extension off season he better be a two way player and line up in the backfield and be a good between the tackle runner while blocking for himself:D
perhaps super Q could do it all
i hope you don't believe i'm hating i have spent just as many pleasurable sunday afternoons watching Q perform his magic with my jaw on the floor as anybody
but we got a lot of holes shane were probably gonna one and done in the playoffs and this off season is going to be the most important in recent memory if we are to progress
ownership the front office and the coaching staff are going to have to hit one out of the park in terms of the draft and free agency

i want to see a string of division and conference appearances I've tasted success for my poor little franchise and i want more a lot more like Lombardi trophy more
hears to us fans we may not always agree but we all want the same thing success and long term at that
freebyrd

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How Long Has the Shoulder Bothered Q?

Boldin hasn't been his same old velcro-handed self in 2 of the last 3 Cardinal football games.

Could it be the shoulder?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
With or without Boldin, this game was going to be a disaster... I say hold him out and save him for the games that matter!

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to see Doucet anyway.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Boldin hasn't been his same old velcro-handed self in 2 of the last 3 Cardinal football games.

Could it be the shoulder?

No. He only hurt his shoulder recently, in fact Boldin said he hurt it on the play that he fumbled the ball against Minny.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. He only hurt his shoulder recently, in fact Boldin said he hurt it on the play that he fumbled the ball against Minny.

Yup. He ha dsome sort of back injury prior to that. But it wasn't serious either.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did Brian Dawkins give Bolding some kind of injury? He smacked him good at least once.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
Did Brian Dawkins give Bolding some kind of injury? He smacked him good at least once.
Who's Bolding? Oh, you must mean Boldin. ;)

I think he's been playing dinged up. That would explain the fumbles.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With or without Boldin, this game was going to be a disaster... I say hold him out and save him for the games that matter!

Holding out Boldin and Arrington to heal is a good decision.

However, predicting disaster for us because of having to play in horrible weather conditions against a supposedly superior team ignores and goes against past history.

In football, horrible weather has always been a great equalizer. It often muffles superior talent and reduces the outcome of the game to a fluke crazy play or two.

I am eagerly anticipating seeing this game. It definitely will not go according to the way you fear, 82. Although, I am incapable of predicting a result. We do have a decent chance of winning.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
abd your avatars great but your boldin manlove is over the top the guys got two maybe three good years left, or he could be done the next time he touches the ball we all know that

he only knows one way to play football aggressive and looking forward to contact, stepping out of bounds before the first down the other game was probably the smartest thing he did he needs to start avoiding some of the punishing blows he dishes out

most times he comes out on the good side of that contact but soon and i believe deep down Q knows it he's gonna be coming up on the short side of those blows hes been taking for six years

i want to see him walk and have a life after football. yes i've made it clear i want to trade him and do whats best for the team
maybe I'm wrong there's no doubt Q is a special player but its a two edged sword that's why we could get a lot for him and thats what makes you want to throw a wheelbarrow full of money at him

its just my opinion that we would then have way to much money tied up in one position we need edge rushers, berry aint getting any younger, o-linemen
secondary help
and a damn running game
if Q signs a big extension off season he better be a two way player and line up in the backfield and be a good between the tackle runner while blocking for himself:D
perhaps super Q could do it all
i hope you don't believe i'm hating i have spent just as many pleasurable sunday afternoons watching Q perform his magic with my jaw on the floor as anybody
but we got a lot of holes shane were probably gonna one and done in the playoffs and this off season is going to be the most important in recent memory if we are to progress
ownership the front office and the coaching staff are going to have to hit one out of the park in terms of the draft and free agency

i want to see a string of division and conference appearances I've tasted success for my poor little franchise and i want more a lot more like Lombardi trophy more
hears to us fans we may not always agree but we all want the same thing success and long term at that
freebyrd

Boldin is an all pro receiver. I think he could be a better RB than anyone we now have on the team. We have had other players switch positions very successfully including Jet Stream Green. An all pro type DB and then an all pro type WR. Boldin has the toughness of a RB and some great moves. He sure does no mind contact. Of course he would know that a RB has the shortest carreer of any position in the NFL and likely would not care for all that contact. He could do it very successfully in my opinion. Looking at other RB's around the league we sure are one of the worst running teams I have ever seen and our coach desperately wants a running game. He does not have the players for a running game.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am thinking any NFL coach would desperately want a running game, at least one that is better than the Cardinals current one.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holding out Boldin and Arrington to heal is a good decision.

However, predicting disaster for us because of having to play in horrible weather conditions against a supposedly superior team ignores and goes against past history.

the only offense we have is a passing offense and past history suggest Warner (our only hope for the offense) is horrible in bad weather conditions. Predicting disaster is predicated on that fact. I think it's you who's ignoring the past here Skkorp.

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I actually think this game could be an upset. NE isn't as strong as in years past, especially on defense. The Cards on the road don't exactly strike fear in the hearts of their competitors so the Pats could be looking past this game. Couple that with a bitter Cards team after having their a$$es handed to them last week and I think we might just have the "perfect storm"...so to speak =)
How the Cards respond from last week will tell us a lot about the character of this team.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How the Cards respond from last week will tell us a lot about the character of this team.

Last Sunday spoke volumes to me already

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arrington not playing is troublesome...he's the only guy who can gain any yards on the ground or out of the backfield on passes. In the snow, we would need him.

Just more bad piling up on us for this game.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Arrington not playing is troublesome...he's the only guy who can gain any yards on the ground or out of the backfield on passes. In the snow, we would need him.

Just more bad piling up on us for this game.

Agreed. This game was tough enough already. Not looking good.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To back that up, JJ is averaging 5.9 yards per carry and 8.8 yards per reception.

I won't even look at TH and Edge's numbers there, because they aren't even close. Yes, JJ is limited duty, but he is being used effectively while the other two aren't. He's the ONLY guy on the backfield that can run with Kurt's shotgun and super slow motion handoff styles.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson