DCU: Blue Beetle

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

DC Reportedly Wants Netflix's Cobra Kai Star To Lead Its Live-Action Blue Beetle Superhero Movie​

Warner Bros. is well known for developing plans for movies quite far in advance, particularly within the DC Extended Universe. The DCEU's upcoming slate includes a slew of outings that will forgo the theatrical experience in favor of a streaming release such as the mysterious project centered around Blue Beetle.

Having been in development since 2018, Blue Beetle will feature the new lead hero Jaime Reyes, who discovered the Blue Beetle scarab before gaining its abilities and a suit of armor. While the hero was previously seen in the long-running Smallville TV show, this will be Reyes’ first time in a starring role as he joins the ranks of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman within the DCEU.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like it could be fun. Again, DC's not so clear direction takes a little bit off of anything DC for me at this point. I mean if this franchise isn't part of JG's future plans. Why get invested in it?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless and until we get moar Peacemaker and Suicide Squad lol

Yes please!!

Edit

WTF!!

"Seeing as Waller (along with Creature Commandos) are supposedly set to release as a bit of a DCU appetizer before it officially kicks off with Legacy, that could mean audiences could potentially see Peacemaker return sometime in late 2024, at the absolute earliest.

2025 or 2026 seem more likely though. The series still has a lot of work ahead of it, so if plans come together sooner rather than later a release either right before or shortly after Superman: Legacy's July 11, 2025, feels about right for Peacemaker Season 2."

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yes please!!

Edit

WTF!!

"Seeing as Waller (along with Creature Commandos) are supposedly set to release as a bit of a DCU appetizer before it officially kicks off with Legacy, that could mean audiences could potentially see Peacemaker return sometime in late 2024, at the absolute earliest.

2025 or 2026 seem more likely though. The series still has a lot of work ahead of it, so if plans come together sooner rather than later a release either right before or shortly after Superman: Legacy's July 11, 2025, feels about right for Peacemaker Season 2."
One of the best opening sequences ever.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this movie grosses more than 13 million opening week, I’ll be stunned.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Trailer looks great but I can’t see people buying in if it’s “old DC.”

Great opportunity to have the new Superman show up in a post credit scene, even if it’s just as Clark Kent.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Great opportunity to have the new Superman show up in a post credit scene, even if it’s just as Clark Kent.
I believe James Gunn announced this kicks off his universe.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

I actually think that specific post-credit cameo would be a bad idea, given the recent Black Adam flop.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the actor from Cobra Kai, George Lopez, and some others. Not as much a DC fan as I am a Marvel fan, but I think we'll see this in the theaters just because it was written by a Mexican writer, directed by a Mexican director, stars a Mexican (or Latino or Hispanic - whatever terms you/they prefer) cast of actors. It's DC's first ever "Latino Superhero." Too bad it's going to just get dismissed by so many.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose