Black Widow solo film (Marvel)

Discussion in 'Movies and Entertainment' started by Brian in Mesa, May 6, 2016.

1. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

Kevin Feige Says Marvel Studios is ‘Committing’ to a Black Widow Solo Movie

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...-a-black-widow-solo-movie#cImw10ljxudtUP0G.99

Captain America: Civil War marks the fifth time that Scarlett Johansson has played Natasha Romanov, aka Black Widow, in a Marvel Studios movie and the cry for her own solo film has never been louder. Promises have been made over the years, but now, speaking with Deadline, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige says the studio is “committed” to making a solo film for the character in the future.

“We’ve announced the next nine movies, ten counting Civil War, through the end of 2019. Where we go beyond that are ongoing discussions that we’ll focus on in the next few years because we have a lot to do before then. Of the characters that you’ve just mentioned I would say certainly the one creatively and emotionally that we are most committing to doing is Black Widow…We think she’s an amazing character. We think Scarlett Johansson’s portrayal of her is amazing. She’s a lead Avenger and has amazing stories in her own right to tell that we think would be fun to turn into a standalone franchise.”

2. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

It sort of sounds weird but at first I was all gun how about a solo Black Widow movie but I have cooled a bit on it. Seems to me a movie about her would be more grounded (a la the Netflix shows) and it would be a better fit. They could do a AOS related movie where there is more spy type action. Seems like that is more of the world she would play in for a movie.

It's going to be interesting to see how they approach this. They have to be careful about adding any Avengers (except Hawkeye) because you don't want those characters to overshadow her.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  3. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

I'm guessing if they pair her up with anyone, it's Hawkeye... on some kind of spy, Bourne-esque type mission. I'd watch that.

4. Stout

Stout I gave my cards a victory...

This is my guess too, and I'd be all about this kind of a movie. I mean, who would have guessed that Hawkeye would provide some of the strongest plot material in Ultron? And Natasha's always solid for me. Yeah, I'd be stoked if they went this route.

5. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

Interesting thing about Civil War is that Black Widow is actually the glue holding the team together--she's essentially become Nick Fury.

6. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

yeah, they've done a really good job pf rehabilitating Hawkeye after sidelining him most of the first Avengers and giving him a solid arc in Ultron and some good moments in Civil War.

7. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

Whedon did say they had bigger plans for him in the future way back while filming Avengers. It's almost a necessity with his character because he doesn't really have special powers and isn't overpowered. I admit even during the latest film I was like...what exactly is he going to do here? They figured it out.

8. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater