Black Summer (Netflix)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently a prequel to Znation? Never seen it. New zombie show on netflix taking place a few weeks in to the apocalypse. I watched 3-4 episodes and find it to be OKAY. Nothing sucking me in but entertaining I think. I did turn it off and play games instead of continuing to watch but I did watch 3-4 episodes so maybe I was just bored of watching.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I started watching it because I thought it was a movie...turned out to be a series....finished season one...it was terrible..but not unwatchable.
as far as zombie apocalypse shows go it had some merit...lots of really snakey people in it

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best mini van ride ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think thats where I am. They just had the battle with the black truck and then let all the black trucks friends into their building. I think thats when I decided to sleep.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I think thats where I am. They just had the battle with the black truck and then let all the black trucks friends into their building. I think thats when I decided to sleep.
I did not see the older woman super man through the windshield coming. I thought she was going to be a central character.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not see the older woman super man through the windshield coming. I thought she was going to be a central character.

That was a good twist there, I like how no one is safe and it's just like a scrapbook story of people trying to survive.

It doesnt have much tantalizing me to go back and watch but I might jsut because.

I did think it was odd that zombies cant turn door knobs but know to run around buildings and look for other ways into them.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
That was a good twist there, I like how no one is safe and it's just like a scrapbook story of people trying to survive.

It doesnt have much tantalizing me to go back and watch but I might jsut because.

I did think it was odd that zombies cant turn door knobs but know to run around buildings and look for other ways into them.

Yeah, they’re basically using the World War Z playbook.

They do sniff a lot. Kind of like a dog.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they’re basically using the World War Z playbook.

They do sniff a lot. Kind of like a dog.

Just a note. Read the book World War Z. It's actually a political commentary and all in all, MUCH better than the movie.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just a note. Read the book World War Z. It's actually a political commentary and all in all, MUCH better than the movie.
I'll add to this, listen to the audio book (complete edition even). It's spectacular.

The movie wasn't bad on its own, but it just took a couple of the stories (and probably impossible to make into a movie) and did it's own thing. They should just make an anthology series on HBO Max.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Where would this rank among:

The Last of Us
The Walking Dead
Resident Evil

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members