Black Monday 2022 edition

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Another texan bites the dust poor texans fans feel for em
At the national level, the Texans are getting excoriated for firing Culley. Unfortunately, it’s clear that most of the criticism is coming from writers who did not watch much (if any) of the Texans games this year. To be fair, the organization is a complete disaster; arguably the worst in the NFL. That said, the Texans were terrible and terrifically dull. And Culley, who seems very nice, had never even been a coordinator and it showed: he made odd decisions on game days, then got confused trying to justify/explain those decisions during his weekly interviews. Even last week, when they gave the Titans all they could handle in the second half, Culley ordered punts on five consecutive 1st half drives. Why? What did Houston have to lose by going for it on 4th downs in the final game of a lost season?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I dunno if Watson wants Flores, though.

It probably depends on whom gets brought in to run the offense, and what Watson's opinion about how borked the offense in Miami was.

Watson is the guy who said "I'm never playing for these folks again. Trade me." AFAIK, that's where it stands today.
Watson was pushing to be traded to Miami, where Flores was the coach. I don't know if he cares or not about Flores or just cares to get away from Texas.

jf-08

Administrator; Rules Creator
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ronin

Mendozaaaaaa
Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Enjoy the fortnite years while you can...my oldest came home with a bracelet made by his girlfriend from her bra strap.
It's a Tik Tok thing the girls are into. Basically like a dog marking a fire hydrant. "Mine!" :)

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
2 HC names getting thrown around are Byron Leftwich and Kellen Moore.

I don't understand how they can be serious contenders for 1 of 32 NFL HC opportunities with such limited coaching experience.

Leftwich has 4 years (total) coaching experience and Moore only has 3. They have never been responsible for leading people in this way.

HUGE gap IMO and not worth the risk at this point.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score