Bill Davis is Back as LB Coach

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He just got fired from Ohio State because he couldn’t coach their 4 & 5 star linebackers.

The only reason why he was hired was because he was one of Urban Meyer’s best friends. (He was Urban’s best man at his wedding).

The only credit I’ll give the man is that he must be really friendly since a bunch of his friends keep giving him jobs.

He’s been fired 3 times in the NFL (49ers, Cardinals, Eagles) and once at the college level.
The vast majority of coaches get fired

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Just because the cardinals hired him doesn’t make it a good hire.

Look at career projection. It’s been nothing but a downward spiral since he was the Cards DC.

How is that a good thing? There’s a reason he went from coordinator at the NFL level to a position coach in college.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just because the cardinals hired him doesn’t make it a good hire.

Look at career projection. It’s been nothing but a downward spiral since he was the Cards DC.

How is that a good thing? There’s a reason he went from coordinator at the NFL level to a position coach in college.

And there are reasons why he's back that satisfy they who are paying his salary.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Exactly. I like KK bringing in experience on the defensive side. Let’s not give too much credit or blame to a LB coach

I am thrilled that Michael B fired Wilks and is swung for the fences at Head Coach. KK needs to be surrounded with experienced NFL veteran coaches at every position so that he can focus on the task at hand: Motivating the team and creating an offense. The engine was fixed. Just need to support it.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
And there are reasons why he's back that satisfy they who are paying his salary.
That means nothing. See Wilks, Steve.

There are bad hires. The only thing Davis brings to the table is he's been able to stick around. Like I said, his career has been nothing but a downward spiral. That can't be argued.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
When a team hires a recently fired HC (Wilks, Bowles, VJ)...how does the contract work? Meaning, does the fired candidate want to stick it to the old team and make them pay the majority of the contract or is there some sort of league average that is required.

I would imagine most/if not all have offset language.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Davis has worked with DC Vance Joseph in the past. I think he wanted him. :shrug:

Agreed. Bill Davis resigned from Ohio State several days before VJ was hired. I am sure VJ knew he was going to be a DC and wanted Davis on his staff.

The Reddit rumor person may have already known VJ was the hire back then. :)

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That means nothing. See Wilks, Steve.

There are bad hires. The only thing Davis brings to the table is he's been able to stick around. Like I said, his career has been nothing but a downward spiral. That can't be argued.

Perhaps you'll be proved right.

Until then it can't be conclusively argued.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When a team hires a recently fired HC (Wilks, Bowles, VJ)...how does the contract work? Meaning, does the fired candidate want to stick it to the old team and make them pay the majority of the contract or is there some sort of league average that is required.

I would imagine most/if not all have offset language.

The League arbitrates if two teams can't agree on how compensation will be divided.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose