Bill and Ted Face the Music (aka Bill and Ted 3)

Discussion in 'Movies and Entertainment' started by Brian in Mesa, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

Gee, didn’t expect THIS post... ;)

2. CardsFan88

CardsFan88 Registered

Yep lots of it was at Coronado (Scottsdale). Even the auditorium (presentation scene) is Coronado.

It's funny watching the movie and seeing Golfland/Sunsplash as well.

I remember reading somewhere they've been trying to get this thing going for 10 years or more. Too bad. 10 years ago they could've gotten George Carlin. Maybe that's why it stalled... his death?

Keanu's career also seemed to go down the drain, but has recently resurfaced with the John Wick movies, and even Knock Knock was an interesting flick. I can see that after Constantine he really wasn't in much, so ~2008 it was probably a harder sell to make it. Now it's 2018 and all we get are sequels so it fits.

So overall everything is coming around again and I guess now is the time to make the 3rd one happen. Can't wait to see it, whenever that is. 2020?

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  3. AzStevenCal

AzStevenCal ASFN Contributor Contributor

IMDB disagrees. It shows San Dimas High School and a couple of other locations as filming sites in San Dimas. I've driven by that high school many times although I can't say that I recognize any shots from the movie other than, obviously, the high school I went to (Coronado). But most of it was clearly shot in Scottsdale, Tempe and Phoenix.

4. Chaplin

Maybe some of the time travel stuff was shot in San Dimas, because almost every single scene of them in realtime is in the Phoenix area.

San Dimas isn't exactly a convenient location to shoot in either.

5. Stout

Stout I gave my cards a victory...

:D

It's not because it's yet another sequel, it's because I didn't like the last one. Thus my not wanting, or jumping up and down about, another one.

6. AzStevenCal

AzStevenCal ASFN Contributor Contributor

I think it was mostly aerial shots but I remember reading that there was also a shot of a convenience store in San Dimas although obviously most of that was filmed at a Circle K in Tempe.

I don't know anything about whether it's a convenient location to shoot in but I've always had a soft spot for that area. It reminds me (or, reminded me) so much of the Scottsdale I grew up in.

I use to drive through the town often especially when I'd make the trek to a Mexican Restaurant on Foothill between Garey and Towne Avenue. The restaurant was actually in La Verne or maybe Pomona but it was a stone's throw from SD. They had the best Chili Con Queso I've ever eaten, pretty fair tacos too although the hot sauce/salsa lacked bite.

Brian in Mesa likes this.
  7. Raindog

Raindog Registered

So... no one was ever killed in Vietnam in the 1980s? ;)

JK... it was a joke. The whole "Jerry Mathers killed in Vietnam" urban legend/meme.

Alex Winter did pretty much vanish into a black hole after the Bill & Ted movies, at least compared to Keanu.

8. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

My friend Frasier Bane from high school played Deacon, Bill's little brother who was supposed to watch Napoleon.

He still has the best line of the movie, IMO, when Ted says "You ditched Napoleon?!" And he Deacon answers:

"He was a dick!"

Tidbit... he was also one of the last two choices for Doogie Houser, but he sprouted six inches over the summer to go from 5'6 young looking teenager to 6 foot giant.

9. Chaplin

Official.

Keanu already sporting some of the Ted mannerisms.

So looks like a real sequel to Ghostbusters 2 and Bill & Ted 3 in 2020. I'm in.

10. NJCardFan

NJCardFan Registered

SAN DIMAS FOOTBALL RULES!!!