• Kirk Cousins

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not talking highly sought after draft picks like Ryan Leaf or Rick Mirer. I'm talking about players who were backups and showed flashes of brilliance who either weren't going to crack the starting lineup thanks to the starter or who filled in, did well, but was relegated back to backup after the starter returned but ended up being sought after but after the trade or free agent signing, flopped horribly. This will be a poll. I'm going to give several names but I'm sure I'm going to forget someone so feel free to mention someone I don't.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
osweiller
received a big contract from houston texans and then like some kind of trash u want to get rid off they send him to the browns including their second round pick
atrocious

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
how is Jeff Hostetler on that list?

iregards to the poll....

Kevin Kolb...only one that matters here.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Somewhat OT:

https://thesportsdrop.com/the-worst...US|c&utm_campaign=NFL_Teams_Worst_QB_VC_3_ysa

You must be registered for see images attach

When Kurt Warner retired after the 2009 season, having led the Arizona Cardinals to back-to-back playoff appearances (including a Super Bowl appearance two seasons prior), the team again found themselves with a massive hole at the quarterback position. Arizona tried to use Anderson as a band-aid solution of sorts, but that certainly didn’t stop the bleeding.

Not only was Anderson benched twice in one season (in favor of rookie quarterback Max Hall both times), but he even got into a spat with one of the Cardinals’ reporters who questioned Anderson’s performance. Unsurprisingly, he was released after just one year in Arizona, in which he threw seven touchdowns but 10 interceptions, and finished with a 2-7 record as the Cardinals’ starter.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Brock and it’s not even close. How often do teams trade assets and a player to another team just to get rid of said player? Dude is flat garbage

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Maybe, but there are two reasons that I don't really agree with this.

1) Flynn's contract wasn't that big a deal. $10 million guaranteed and $26 million total. That could've been more in today's cap dollars, but it's not onerous.

2) They drafted a potential hall of famer in Russell Wilson.

Brock and it’s not even close. How often do teams trade assets and a player to another team just to get rid of said player? Dude is flat garbage

It's gotta be The Heist. $72 million with $37 guaranteed without even meeting with him first. Brock is definitely living his best life.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
how is Jeff Hostetler on that list?
I just remember his time with the Raiders as being rather unremarkable.

As for Bradford, you knew what you were getting with Bradford. As I said, he was the top pick in the draft and was a starter from the rip. These other guys weren't highly touted out of college(outside of Kolb IIRC) but showed flashes of brilliance, left their original teams for lucrative contracts or were traded for decent draft picks(Graves, I'm looking at you) but flopped with their new teams.

For me, and this was a tough choice between Kolb and Flynn but in the end I went with Flynn. I know people look at Osweiler and the contract he got but that wasn't his fault. I saw nothing about his time in Denver that would have warranted such a signing and chalk that up to the stupidity of Houston than anything else. Same with Cousins. There is absolutely no reason to give him a ridiculous 100% guaranteed contract. But Flynn has a ridiculous game with GB and Seattle gives him $20 million to be the starter and he barely saw the field.

I think you guys are a little unfair on Osweiller. As I said, his contract wasn't his fault. He showed nothing to warrant that deal but Houston grossly overpaid him anyway.

Last edited:

TJ

Reaction score
I chose Scott Mitchell only because it's way too early to close the book on Cousins. If Cousins doesn't improve dramatically next season, then he'd be my choice.

Cousins is at least productive in the Minnesota offense, and frankly, does not belong on this list. Dude had a 100 QB rating, 30 TDs, and 70% completion last season. He's not Mahomes, but he's certainly not Blake Bortles.

Honestly, how can you make an valid argument for Cousins over Brock in this poll?

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cousins is at least productive in the Minnesota offense, and frankly, does not belong on this list. Dude had a 100 QB rating, 30 TDs, and 70% completion last season. He's not Mahomes, but he's certainly not Blake Bortles.

Honestly, how can you make an valid argument for Cousins over Brock in this poll?
Well, for starters, Minnesota took a step backwards from Case Keenum. And, like Osweiller, he got a ridiculous contract for no reason at all. That would be my rationale.

TJ

Reaction score
Well, for starters, Minnesota took a step backwards from Case Keenum. And, like Osweiller, he got a ridiculous contract for no reason at all. That would be my rationale.

Cousins didn't get a "ridiculous" contract "for no reason at all." He had a history of consistent production with Washington and continued that trend in Minnesota. Minnesota taking a step back with Cousins isn't about Cousins, since Cousins was a more productive QB last year than Keenum in 2017. There was a lot of internal conflict between coaches and coordinators and frankly, their defense didn't play to its potential.

As for Brock, I mean, dude was a complete flame out in Houston. Do you hear any chatter about Minnesota trying to package a 2nd round pick to get rid of Cousins? Because that was the dialogue being had by the Houston brass at this time two years about about Brock.

The two aren't even in the same stratosphere. Cousins, at the very least, is a Top-15 QB in the NFL. Brock is one of the worst QB2s in the NFL, and that's not an exaggeration.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again, Osweiller's contract is less his fault and more on Houston for spending that kind of money. He showed absolutely nothing that would warrant that contract so his is more stupidity on Houston's part than his own ineptitude. Cousins, for some reason, was seen as the 2nd coming and was given a yes, ridiculous contract unless you think he's worth $68 million in guaranteed dollars. And he was brought into Minnesota to get them to the next level but he couldn't even get them into the playoffs.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Cousins story isn't written yet in MIN. The Vikes offense went from 5th last year to 17th this year by DVOA. That's bad, and partly attributable to non-use of the running game.

Oseweilier's story with Houston is complete, and it was disastrous. That doesn't mean he's a terrible person, but the DECISION was bad.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cousins story isn't written yet in MIN. The Vikes offense went from 5th last year to 17th this year by DVOA. That's bad, and partly attributable to non-use of the running game.

Oseweilier's story with Houston is complete, and it was disastrous. That doesn't mean he's a terrible person, but the DECISION was bad.
The decision was beyond bad that's why as much of a flop he was in Houston(and everywhere else) he would been just as a signing even if he signed for the league minimum. This is why I included Cousins because his contract, $84 million guaranteed for someone who only played in 1 playoff game was absurd. The reason why I picked Flynn was because he was sought after based on 1 game played in garbage time.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Osweiler is garbage while Cousins is mediocrity personified.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave