Bigger impact in 2021: AJ Green or Rondale Moore

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A lot riding on these two guys. Being loaded at WR helped make us look unstoppable.

Teams are anticipating Moore's screen passes. He's not really separating downfield like you would like for a guy that fast.

AJ Green has played really well, but man there is a fear he just shows up washed. Its just the reality of being old and getting Covid doesnt help either.

I think we need both back playing at a high level to win a Super Bowl.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hate to say it but Moore is looking like Isabella with touches lately. The pop pass was actually a great call by Kliff. If Moore keeps to the outside he's got the sideline. Instead he runs back into traffic.

Kirk is by far our best deep threat. Are we sure Rondale will be ready for that role next year?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hate to say it but Moore is looking like Isabella with touches lately. The pop pass was actually a great call by Kliff. If Moore keeps to the outside he's got the sideline. Instead he runs back into traffic.

Kirk is by far our best deep threat. Are we sure Rondale will be ready for that role next year?
He's way better than Isabella lol. He makes people miss more often than not but still makes mistakes as most rookies do. He'll get better at reading the field & learning to make his moves according to his blocking. His ability to make people miss along with his speed is definitely a good thing. In the long run we'll be glad we drafted him. I know I was when we drafted him cause he's from Louisville so I've followed his whole career. Gotta be patient my brother.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He's way better than Isabella lol. He makes people miss more often than not but still makes mistakes as most rookies do. He'll get better at reading the field & learning to make his moves according to his blocking. His ability to make people miss along with his speed is definitely a good thing. In the long run we'll be glad we drafted him. I know I was when we drafted him cause he's from Louisville so I've followed his whole career. Gotta be patient my brother.
He's better than Isabella. Just saying his production looks like something Isabella would put up lately.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He's better than Isabella. Just saying his production looks like something Isabella would put up lately.
I get that part but Isabella can't do the things Moore can. Isabella just has straight line speed & that's it. I just said in another thread that KK needs to use Moore like Andy Reid uses T. Hill, let him run some of those routes. Some on this board are kinda thinking Moore isn't that good & I don't feel like that at all. The kid has talent & if KK would just figure it out on how to use him our offense would be even more deadly imo. Now, with that being said, if our OL doesn't start blocking better it won't matter what WR gets open lol.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I get that part but Isabella can't do the things Moore can. Isabella just has straight line speed & that's it. I just said in another thread that KK needs to use Moore like Andy Reid uses T. Hill, let him run some of those routes. Some on this board are kinda thinking Moore isn't that good & I don't feel like that at all. The kid has talent & if KK would just figure it out on how to use him our offense would be even more deadly imo.
I think KK knows that Moore never ran deep routes at Purdue much either. So there's still some development going on. I just know the current setup is very predictable. Maybe so many mouths to feed he's just gotta do that role.

I really thought Isabella would be involved with Moore on gadgets plays this. Thought we'd have something creative lined up.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think KK knows that Moore never ran deep routes at Purdue much either. So there's still some development going on. I just know the current setup is very predictable. Maybe so many mouths to feed he's just gotta do that role.

I really thought Isabella would be involved with Moore on gadgets plays this. Thought we'd have something creative lined up.
Jeff Brohm (HC Purdue & OC) runs a hybrid offense he learned from Howard Schnellenberger & Bobby Petrino at Louisville, lots of slants & shallow crossing patterns. That's what Moore did mostly at Purdue cause it worked & he can make people miss, plus he's fast. T. Hill doesn't always run deep routes, Moore would excel imo if KK would study those same routes & use Moore in that same way.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I lean towards AJ Green cause I'm shamefully optimistic during this of the year. So I'm hoping he puts up 700 to 800 yards and gets 6 tds.
Pretty good odds since he has 654 yards with 4 games left.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Kyler throws the ball right on him instead of floating it to the left, that long pass would’ve been a TD.

yeah that was the play I've been asking for all year, he's wide open, just not a great throw and Rondale needed to be more aware of his feet and the line. That was so close.

That and the Green one just those 2 and Kyler has 450 yards passing

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Moore needs to be used more vertical, and let him run routes across the field. The guy seems very shifty, but all we do is run sideways plays for him. Use him more like Tyrek Hill and see how it goes

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I think Kirk becomes a $ casualty next season and Moore replaces him. Green will still be a better player. Moore hasn’t shown much improvement as the year has gone on. He’s a great athlete, but not yet an impact player. Green is steady. In fairness Moore hasn’t gotten many downfield routes.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think Kirk becomes a $ casualty next season and Moore replaces him. Green will still be a better player. Moore hasn’t shown much improvement as the year has gone on. He’s a great athlete, but not yet an impact player. Green is steady. In fairness Moore hasn’t gotten many downfield routes.
This. The WR market is likely to be white hot next offseason.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Kyler throws the ball right on him instead of floating it to the left, that long pass would’ve been a TD.
DJ was driven into his backside. I think the pass might have needed AJ to adjust to it still but that helped drive it out of bounds.

Edit: Sorry you were talking about the Rondale play. Thats fair.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

That's a shame, because he sure has a knack for catching bombs. Not just wide open catches, but tough, physical catches in traffic while way way down the field. That has to be a really hard thing to do. Really hard. He's earned some money this year. Fair and square.