Big Little Lies

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone watching this HBO series? I'm 3 episodes into it and am about ready to abandon it. Not a single endearing character in it, very screwed up people, lousy children one and all...... just a mess. At this point, good acting cannot save such a lousy mish-mash of plots, subplots, dream vs. reality segments, flashbacks. Unless someone tells me (and my bride for that matter) that things get better, I'm just about done with this trash heap.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Isn't this the show that won everything at the Golden Globes?

OP
OP
UncleChris

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't this the show that won everything at the Golden Globes?

Yep. Which for me makes it more like the Leaden Globes

Anyway.... Maybe I'm just old tired and bald, but this just isn't working for me.....

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. Which for me makes it more like the Leaden Globes

Anyway.... Maybe I'm just old tired and bald, but this just isn't working for me.....

Strike the word 'maybe'

:)

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
We loved this show and look forward to season 2 which is in the works. You def have to pay attention from the start and resist the urge to bail but soon you should be hooked as my wife and I were.

OP
OP
UncleChris

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We loved this show and look forward to season 2 which is in the works. You def have to pay attention from the start and resist the urge to bail but soon you should be hooked as my wife and I were.

We will hang in there for a bit longer, then. The acting is very good, but putting a steak on dog poop doesn't make it edible.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife and I started watching it yesterday. I got through 2 episodes and it did nothing for me.

OP
OP
UncleChris

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Through episode 5, 2 more to go. Really fine acting, particularly Nichole Kidman, but the production is all artsy-fartsy, everyone is a schmuck, paste together crap, with maybe on character that's likable. We'll do the last two, but without something special, I'll not be doing a second season.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Through episode 5, 2 more to go. Really fine acting, particularly Nichole Kidman, but the production is all artsy-fartsy, everyone is a schmuck, paste together crap, with maybe on character that's likable. We'll do the last two, but without something special, I'll not be doing a second season.
You should watch End of the F***ing World instead...you'll thank me for it later :)