BIG big Jake

sunsfn

Reaction score
Hopefully big Jake will be back soon, although it may take a few games to get his legs back.

(we can use him in the middle!!!)

Did anyone notice last night just how BIG he looks when the team is standing around him? He is a big man!

Many of the others cheat an inch or two, but big Jake looks like he is a sure 7' 2" tall.

:thumbup:

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like you've got your wish.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/0313suns0313.html

Tsakalidis likely to play tonight
Center to see 5-10 minutes

Lee Shappell
The Arizona Republic
Mar. 13, 2003 12:00 AM

Tonight's game
KINGS AT SUNS

WHEN: 8 p.m.

WHERE: America West Arena.

TV/RADIO: TNT; KTAR-AM (620), KPHX-AM (1480).

SUNS UPDATE: At 33-30 (fourth, Pacific Division), they are tied with Houston for the eighth and final playoff position in the West, with Golden State 2 1/2 games back. They have dropped two of three to the Kings this season. Shawn Marion and Stephon Marbury scored 28 points each in a 110-101 win at home Dec. 21. F Alton Ford (back spasms) and C Jake Tsakalidis (back surgery) are on the injured list, but Tsakalidis likely will be activated. If he is, another player will have to go on the injured list.

KINGS UPDATE: At 45-19 (first, Pacific Division; second, Western Conference), they have won four in a row overall. Although they lead the season series 2-1 going into this final game, the Kings have dropped three of their past four regular-season games at America West Arena. Chris Webber had a triple-double (29 points, 15 rebounds, 11 assists) in a Dec. 21 loss here. * Damon Jones (sprained ankle), * Mateen Cleaves (quadriceps tendinitis) and * Brent Price (strained back) are on the injured list.

It won't be the Suns who give injured starting center Jake Tsakalidis the green light regarding a return tonight against Pacific Division-leading Sacramento.

"He has to give me the green light," Suns coach Frank Johnson said after practice Wednesday.

Tsakalidis (7 feet 2, 290 pounds) said he expects to make the call today. He has missed two months following surgery on a disk in his back. He said he is pain-free and has regained flexibility.

"He can come back and play, but is he in game shape? No," Johnson said.

The Kings (45-19) start a front line that stands 6-10, 6-10 and 7-1 with Peja Stojakovic, Chris Webber and Vlade Divac. It's a good game for the Suns to gain 290 pounds and six fouls inside.

"And against Houston, too (Sunday's opponent with 7-6 Yao Ming)," Johnson said.

Rookie power forward Amare Stoudemire of the Suns (33-30) has maintained an inside presence, but he welcomes help.

"That's going to mean a lot," Stoudemire said. "We've been missing Jake. He can get eight or nine rebounds, block some shots and take pressure off me."

Johnson said he expects to spoon-feed Tsakalidis five to 10 minutes a game initially.

"I saw a lot of games on TV and learned I don't have to be an offensive scorer," Tsakalidis said. "Just stop people from coming inside, try to protect the paint, collect rebounds - the dirty work."

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
It is good to see Jake maturity about not having to put up points. He is Big and sounds like he is ready to try to Play Big. I Welcome the Big Guy Back we need him.

Go Suns

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
When you're driving inside, and see a 7'2 290 lb dude as scary and Jake, it's quite intimidating. Every time I see Jake I expect him to say, "I will break you." like a russian boxer in ?Rocky.":D

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't forget about his legendary body odor. :) that has to be intimidating also.

Joe Mama

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama
Don't forget about his legendary body odor. :) that has to be intimidating also.

Joe Mama

He's not the only one. A good friend of mine had company tix right behind the Laker home bench. Customers complained so much about the BO that they finally had to trade for seats farther away. They say it was Shaq, or a combination of players including Shaq.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
O My God, I remember this guy in high school. I was a 6'1 power forward, and I had to guard this 6'7 white guy who had a freaking forest under his armpits. Because he was much taller, when he got the ball in the low post, and turned around, his armpit forest would be two inches away from my nose. I swear it was so bad that I wanted to puke.

Finally, I decided the only way to avoid that, I had to deny the ball. I played the best defense of my life against that guy. My life literaly depended on denying the ball to that guy. Holy crap, just talking about it makes me really sick.