Big Ben might get traded?

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
NFL network reporting Steelers are open to offers for Big Ben right now. This isn't meant as one of those "Cards should trade for ____ and get rid of Leinart" threads. More a question of where do you think Big Ben would make sense and what do you think it would take for Pitt to trade him.

I could see Oakland flipping picks and giving up a future 1st plus filler picks for Big Ben and Pitt pulling the trigger.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NFL network reporting Steelers are open to offers for Big Ben right now. This isn't meant as one of those "Cards should trade for ____ and get rid of Leinart" threads. More a question of where do you think Big Ben would make sense and what do you think it would take for Pitt to trade him.

I could see Oakland flipping picks and giving up a future 1st plus filler picks for Big Ben and Pitt pulling the trigger.

I could see it happening too. They would take Claussen at #7.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oakland
Buffalo
maybe San Fran?

..and here's a darkhorse: Eagles

I could see the Eagles taking him if they gave Kolb along with a 1st/2nd.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And, if they do trade him, I could see Tebow getting drafted by Pittsburgh.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love PIT's attitude about the whole Ben and Santonio thing.

Monty

2010 Cardinals Draft Guru
Reaction score
I dont see this happening but if it did i could see San fran as the front runner. They've got two first round picks this year so they could give one of those and a possible first or second next year with a few other filler picks or a fringe player to complete the deal. Main bet is that he stays in Pitt though.

OP
OP
D

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
BS they are not trading their 2 time SB Champ young franchise QB!

Yeah just like they didn't trade their Super Bowl MVP WR for a fifth round pick.

:mulli:

Pitt places character at a premium they won't tolerate any antics and Big Ben has a growing list of said antics. They will trade him if a good enough deal comes along.

OP
OP
D

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
I dont see this happening but if it did i could see San fran as the front runner. They've got two first round picks this year so they could give one of those and a possible first or second next year with a few other filler picks or a fringe player to complete the deal. Main bet is that he stays in Pitt though.

Agree it's unlikely. SF is an interesting option though. Would Singletary be able to tame Big Ben?

I'd hate to have to face him twice a year. We can never tackle him in the backfield.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree it's unlikely. SF is an interesting option though. Would Singletary be able to tame Big Ben?

I'd hate to have to face him twice a year. We can never tackle him in the backfield.

Oh wow. That would be a great fit for them for sure.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully he goes to Buffalo. They need someone behind center big time :/

Reaction score
Mike Bires, a Steelers beat reporter for a Pittsburgh area paper wrote the following:
We do not prosecute morals. We prosecute crimes,” Fred Bright, the Ocmulgee (Ga.) Judicial Circuit District Attorney, explained during his 55-minute press conference.
Bright later said that if he were Roethlisberger’s father, he’d tell him to “Grow up” and that “You're supposed to stand for something … you need to be a role model for your team, your city, the NFL. You can do better.”
With TVs in the Steelers’ headquarters tuned into Bright’s riveting press conference, a team executive walked by a group of reporters and said, “Good news.”
In other words, this particular fellow was happy Roethlisberger will be running the offense this year and perhaps for years to come. more - http://www.timesonline.com/sports/s...l/13/bires-no-respect-for-roethlisberger.html

It doesn't say whom the executive was so take it for what it's worth.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Mike Bires, a Steelers beat reporter for a Pittsburgh area paper wrote the following:

lol it says on NFL.com that Rooney said Ben will be given a second chance.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I would say every team in our division save for the Cardinals will be in the mix...

Reaction score
lol it says on NFL.com that Rooney said Ben will be given a second chance.
:? I don't get your "lol"? Your post is basically in agreement with what I posted.

It also states on NFL.com that:
The Steelers' front office has talked internally about possible trade scenarios that could be feasible and what makes sense for the team. According to a source, if other teams called about Roethlisberger, the Steelers would intently listen. ...Should Roethlisberger have another off-the-field misstep, however, his Steelers career likely would be over, according to team and league sources. And, if a legitimate trade scenario materialized, that end could come much sooner.

So who knows? One thing for certain the organization is clearly upset with their bone-headed QB. Trust me, Rothlisberger's off-field antics do not play well in Pittsburgh.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score

I'd say the chances of Big Ben getting traded are about 0.1% but the fact that it's even being talked about shows how the mighty have fallen.

You can't convince me though, that the Rooneys wouldn't consider trading him if some team offered a ridiculous amount for him. Everyone has a price.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
  1. A fan speaks RT @JESoltis: i am a die hard steeler fan and i hope he gets a season ban. behavior is not acceptable. make an example of him. about 1 hour ago via UberTwitter
  2. RT @cjacobson1979: Still think Big Ben won't get traded? ... I've gone from 100 percent sure he won't be to 98 percent sure. about 1 hour ago via UberTwitter
  3. Some at 8, some 4 RT @15miller: Wow is all I'm going to say about the DA's report in Milledgeville. Ben may easily get 4-game suspension. about 2 hours ago via UberTwitter
http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave