Bidwill pissed

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Before the playoff loss they told us that Bidwill and Kliff both said Kyler spent more time onsite that week preparing than he has since we drafted him. And he played terribly. I don't think he played terribly because he doesn't watch film, he played terribly because the Rams and the playoff pressure got to him
Could also be that it’s a little late to start pouring yourself into study at that juncture. It’s got to be a discipline that you develop over time.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Arians was successful and didn’t have all the time management/terrible coaching challenge issues that Kliff has. To the victor goes the spoils.
Oh people forget so fast. He had so many wasted TO in the first 3 years and afterwards we often knew when we would run (opponent knew too). Arians didn't age well and I'm still not 100% sure if the Ring as HC he got was more Brady & Bowles achievement than Arians.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think its time to move on to a new coach.. Under Kingsbury we seem to always fall off the Kliff in the second half of the season.. Not sure if teams figure us out or we get lazy like teams are suppose to lay down for us.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Apparently his frustration was short lived. He was just quoted in The Athletic. "Put me in the corner of 'I love him' and I know he's going to get better," the team owner said.

This sounds like the cap problems will be worsened with an extension.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Apparently his frustration was short lived. He was just quoted in The Athletic. "Put me in the corner of 'I love him' and I know he's going to get better," the team owner said.

This sounds like the cap problems will be worsened with an extension.

An extension would on be new money from 2024 though? The next 2 years would be the same (unless part of the deal is no 5th year option.)

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
An extension would on be new money from 2024 though? The next 2 years would be the same (unless part of the deal is no 5th year option.)
Not necessarily. I believe teams can exceed those numbers but if they simply pick up the 5th year option then the price would be fixed.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not necessarily. I believe teams can exceed those numbers but if they simply pick up the 5th year option then the price would be fixed.

I doubt there would be any new money in the next 2 years from a cap perspective. Kyler would surely get a hefty bonus that they pro rate into later years but I don't think anything on the cap.

It might actually suit the Cards to not 5th year option Kyler so they can have less cap hit that year and push it down the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave