Bidwill pissed

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, Kliff himself has said that's a non starter, and that he's not a good game manager!

Kingsbury was asked what it would take for him ever to give up playcalling duties.
"I would retire," Kingsbury said. "It's part of the game, I couldn't just sit there and watch it. A lot of people are great at that, managing games, and that's not my strong suit. My strong suit is calling it and interacting with the quarterback. I've got to play to my strengths."

Kliff has made it abundantly clear through his words and actions that he's not a strong head coach. He fails in motivation/discipline/managing games. He told everyone what he likes and what he's good at - being a coordinator.

This is such a nonsense answer. He should be immediately gone. Keim could try to pretend he didn't know about this and maybe save his job but if he doesn't act and then this failure continues then they are both gone.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Gotta break my self imposed ban for a bit.

@PACardsFan was responding to a guy who said he doesnt watch film. I think PAC also knows the writer said he doesnt watch much film. However, it was not something Kyler exactly said.

I think the context missing is the quote before where he said he wants to play with an uncluttered mind. Basically saying he does, but makes sure he's not suffering paralysis by analysis. I'll say that Lions game and 3rd Rams game he looked paralyzed if anything.

Ignore the film bit. I dont think Burrow said it about film, but did say this about notes.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
According to this article it doesn't sound to me that Burrows blows off watching game film. In fact he segments it and breaks it down into usable information. It might explain why his team is playing for the AFC title and the Cardinals are sitting home watching.
https://sports.yahoo.com/behind-scenes-joe-burrows-preparation-213213549.html

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This is such a nonsense answer. He should be immediately gone. Keim could try to pretend he didn't know about this and maybe save his job but if he doesn't act and then this failure continues then they are both gone.
Arians said something similar when he was here. I’m sure McVay and Shanahan and LaFleur have all said similar things.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I agree it's nonsense however It's hard to imagine that Keim and Bidwill didn't know this and hired him anyway because they were so desperate to get a McVay/Shanahan clone or they thought they were getting one. This entire mess goes all the way back to the hiring decision they made.

cheesebeef

ASFN AWESOME
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arians said something similar when he was here. I’m sure McVay and Shanahan and LaFleur have all said similar things.
Arians was successful and didn’t have all the time management/terrible coaching challenge issues that Kliff has. To the victor goes the spoils.

SoonerLou

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
According to this article it doesn't sound to me that Burrows blows off watching game film. In fact he segments it and breaks it down into usable information. It might explain why his team is playing for the AFC title and the Cardinals are sitting home watching.
https://sports.yahoo.com/behind-scenes-joe-burrows-preparation-213213549.html
I can post an article of Hopkins saying Kyler prepares the hardest on the team as well. Its not that serious. And again it was in reference to guys trying to sound really smart "i dont need to take notes"

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

SoonerLou

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Im ok with him calling plays. He needs someone else to help with gameplans/adjustments.

Thats really my only issue with Kliff as a play caller. Sometimes he doesnt know when to switch things up or adjust to what kinda game it is. On the sidelines it looked like he zoned out.

I know he tanked in Carolina. I think that had more to do with Darnold/Cam. Why not bring in Joe Brady? Another peer would be good.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media