Bickley is going off on us right now on 910

Redalert

Reaction score
I will listen to Dickley and Bilechi monday morning and post what companies are advertising on his show so we can make a bigger impact. We can then call these companies and explain why we will not be using there services.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Redalert said:
I will listen to Dickley and Bilechi monday morning and post what companies are advertising on his show so we can make a bigger impact. We can then call these companies and explain why we will not be using there services.

Now THAT is a great idea...

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
seesred said:
I'm haooy to say I;'ve sent mine to this idiot. He inturn sent one back to me. This is one nasty guy that can't see the other side of the street even if he is standing on it. I don't mind honest reporting ABOUT THE GOOD, BAD AND UGLY. Heck I've been angry at my Cards for doing one thing or the other. But there are many good stories out there. The good that is done. The kids that are seen. The miracle plays end of the 49r game in 88. We have our moments and this time it appears we can have the whole enchalada. To Binky all is bad, Warner is old, they still don't spend money, why this and why that. He is from Chicago, he should live in Chicago and not bother us anymore. He doesn't want us. Who is he to think that we will let him ask anything meanspirited and not get called out for it.

GBR

IN GREEN WE TRUST

Can you post your e-mail and his response?

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Redalert said:

I am not a fan nor will I ever be a fan of using advertisers to suppress free speech.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. - Voltaire

That being said, I do think Bickley is just your run of the mill jaded sportswriting idiot.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Now people are organizing a boycott? Geez hasn't this gone a little overboard? The team has been terrible for so long and Bickley is poking fun at them, just like every other football fan in the country does and will do until this thing gets turned around. Give it a rest. Everyone knows Bickley's a giant mullet-donning douche so let him have his fun and when this team finally gets it around then you can rub it in his grill at that point.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Free speech is a wonderful equalizer. The same free speech principles should apply to both the sportswriter idiot and anyone who wants to respond to the idiot sportswriter. We are also free to stop reading the paper, listening to certain radio stations, and/or taking our money elsewhere when it comes to sponsors. Similar principles really.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Azlen said:
I am not a fan nor will I ever be a fan of using advertisers to suppress free speech.

Then you are not a fan of people using free speech in response. :shrug:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:

Oh sure, boil down into one line what it took me five to post.

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
SuperSpck said:
Todd McFareland is a Cardinals fan?!
That just makes him 5 times cooler.

So he's amazingly cool.
Tell him to hurry up and make an Adrian Wilson/Bertrand Berry figure for the sports line!!

No he is jusr a media hog who will take any chance he gets to be on the radio ot TV. His stuff is cool, but he has ripped the Cards on many occassions. Recently he tore them up about the new logo.

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
Redalert said:

That is the right idea!!!!! These guys own the show and sell their own advertising. If they start getting hit in the pocket book they might actually wise up a bit.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
That stupid thing McFarlane designed was freakin' smiling.

Yeah, THAT would have been a good idea...

:rolleyes:

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:

If you want to stop listening and ignore it then I am fine with it. If you want to speak out about it I am fine with it. I am just not a fan of putting pressure on advertisers. I just cringe everytime a group like the PTC does it. If enough people feel the same way, then their audience will drop and the advertisers will go away on their own. Otherwise its just a vocal minority.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
*sigh*

Somebody really has to teach you guys about members of the media especially editorialists ... and since I'm a member of the field (just a reporter not a columnist) I think I'll let you guys in on it.

Members of the press that are paid to give their opinions, live off of this kind of attention. Causing controversy and pissing people off is one of the best ways to draw attention to yourself. Drawing attention like that leads to more sales/ratings.

Believe it or not the largest portion of Howard Stern's audience are people that he pisses off. Thats right there are fewer people that listen to him that actually like him. Its not just a Howard Stern occurance either, this happens all over the nation.

In short if you really want to win out against these types of people in the media ... DON'T TALK ABOUT THEM AT ALL. Hell the majority of the time that people are bitching about someone's opinion that they fail to realize that it may not be their actual opinion. They'll do whatever it takes to draw attention to themselves, the paper they work for, the station, etc.

Starting threads like this and the boycott thread only draw more attention to them. Hence you are in fact, doing them a favor.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
*sigh*

Somebody really has to teach you guys about members of the media especially editorialists ... and since I'm a member of the field (just a reporter not a columnist) I think I'll let you guys in on it.

Members of the press that are paid to give their opinions, live off of this kind of attention. Causing controversy and pissing people off is one of the best ways to draw attention to yourself. Drawing attention like that leads to more sales/ratings.

Believe it or not the largest portion of Howard Stern's audience are people that he pisses off. Thats right there are fewer people that listen to him that actually like him. Its not just a Howard Stern occurance either, this happens all over the nation.

In short if you really want to win out against these types of people in the media ... DON'T TALK ABOUT THEM AT ALL. Hell the majority of the time that people are bitching about someone's opinion that they fail to realize that it may not be their actual opinion. They'll do whatever it takes to draw attention to themselves, the paper they work for, the station, etc.

Starting threads like this and the boycott thread only draw more attention to them. Hence you are in fact, doing them a favor.

It would be fun to see him fired though. You have to admit that.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. - Voltaire
Game called on account of rain - Al Barlick

Redalert

Reaction score
Azlen said:
If you want to stop listening and ignore it then I am fine with it. If you want to speak out about it I am fine with it. I am just not a fan of putting pressure on advertisers. I just cringe everytime a group like the PTC does it. If enough people feel the same way, then their audience will drop and the advertisers will go away on their own. Otherwise its just a vocal minority.

I feel that we have every right to spend our money where we choose. The advertisers are fair game considering we purchase their product and they use the money to pay Bickleys salary. If we don't think our money is being spent wisely we have an obligation to direct our money elsewhere.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
Game called on account of rain - Al Barlick

"Well sir, while I may not agree with what you say, I'll defend to the death your right to say it!"-Peter Griffin

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
'These berries taste like burning' - Ralph Wiggum.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."

~Frank Lloyd Wright

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson