Bickley is going off on us right now on 910

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TheSnake4Life said:
isnt it kinda true though....as long as Bidwill as a theory that we support him no matter what, why would he want to change?

although.....this offseason does yield some promise....

but still...he may be saying some truth

How in the world can you say fans have supported Bidwill??? What all 25,000 of them? The onus is going to fall on the fans very shortly when this team finally turns it around.

Teams like the Cubs have been supported despite losing (until recently). They sell out every frickin game, win or lose , rain or shine.

I'm not able to hear the show but I can tell you this. THis guy is a stroke. Either that or he is intentionally trying to stir up the pot.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As he should. But within the context of fairness and even-handedness and not shining the proverbial media "flashlight" only on the negative while never shining it on favorable events.

Call it the way you see it. But call all of it.

TheSnake4Life

Reaction score
ohh man...i think the combination of my post and your post just made my head explode because of confusion

all i know.....which isnt much.....is that i am always rooting for the cardinals and that kool-aid may taste so sweet at times.......and this may be the sweetest kool-aid yet, and i have been sipping......but doesnt there come a point when you want to see onfield results...before you make that 5 gallon pitcher of kool-aid and chug it all?

kool-aid!!! i bet i confused more people now......im dumb

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The guy is just trying to fan the flames to get more attention. My two day boycott is still intact.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
As he should. But within the context of fairness and even-handedness and not shining the proverbial media "flashlight" only on the negative while never shining it on favorable events.

EXACTLY. Thats seems to be our gripe. Give credit where credit is due, even if at this point it's only effort. This nitwit seems to throw a blanket over the entire organization no matter what they do.

TheSnake4Life

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffGollin

EXACTLY. Thats seems to be our gripe. Give credit where credit is due, even if at this point it's only effort. This nitwit seems to throw a blanket over the entire organization no matter what they do.

very true....i agree with that point

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
TSF4L, your signature seems incomplete without a quote from the Marlboro Man saying he is no longer irritating.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
SuperSpck said:
Todd McFareland is a Cardinals fan?!
That just makes him 5 times cooler.

So he's amazingly cool.
Tell him to hurry up and make an Adrian Wilson/Bertrand Berry figure for the sports line!!

Of course Todd McFarland is "cool"... he's Canadian :D

TheSnake4Life

Reaction score
i think im too stupid to see when i have been slammed.........or called irritating.......cigarettes are for suckers

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
TheSnake4Life said:
i think im too stupid to see when i have been slammed.........or called irritating.......cigarettes are for suckers

No no no. That is an actual quote. I didn't slam you. Vlade Divac said that on a shaving cream commercial, I am no longer irritating.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
TheSnake4Life said:
fair enough....see i am too stupid.......

Look it up on a clone website. It is really funny. But I am a clone so what do that tell you.

Haha, Bickley, a thread about you has turned into a Rome discussion. Still don't measure up, do you?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hee hee, this is fun...

Dan, I'm very glad to see that you are getting piled on by AZ Cards fans. Yeah, surprised that we actually do exist, huh?

And you deserve the pile on, because your negativity has reached critical mass, where you can't even commend the team for improving.

Why don't these Cards deserve the benefit of the doubt? Last year they won more games, lost by fewer points, and had a top 15 ranked defense. This is with a QB who couldn't find an open receiver if you took the opposing defense off the field. Two years ago, in the Macezoian era, we saw "One Heartbeat" get half a hundred hung on them on the road. Funny, but last year I don't recall seeing the team used like a roll of toilet paper. I also saw free agents and draft picks come in and play solid, exciting football. And now I see that continuing in the off season with the free agent signings thus far, and with the players we are likely to draft at the CB and RB spots next month. So yeah, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. They aren't winning a Super Bowl, but this is a potential playoff team that looks to have a good shot at winning the NFC West.

You are whining about Warner, but fail to admit that Warner in NY had similar numbers to McCown in AZ, with a worse Oline and receivers that couldn't catch a cold. You also fail to mention that Denny has a long, long history of resurrecting "washed up" quarterbacks. Perhaps this is because he is not chummy with the media and doesn't really give a crap if you are on his side, but you really should try mentioning all factors involved with the signing, and not just the ones that support your glass-half-empty point of view.

Dan, you aren't getting piled on simply because you like to Cardinal bash; you are getting called out because your false "objectivity" is really transparent. I'd have a lot more respect for you if you simply came out and said you want to bash the team, and didn't give this air of objective comments. You are about as objective as Bill O'Reilly is "fair & balanced."

Thankfully people like Todd McFarlane aren't sipping the old red Mac/Kendall/McCown Kool-Aid like you guys are. These days, the Kool-Aid is the new fancy kind...you know, it looks Green in the pitcher, but tastes like Cardinal Red. Thank God for Green Kool-Aid.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That's awesome!
But does this mean it has to be renamed Ecto-Cooler?
(Not the orange version BTW, the green kind)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
What really makes Bickley truely vomitous is his so-called objectivity on the local teams...from the Cardinals to the Suns. Read what he writes about his native Chicago teams some time. This is why he always says "The Cardinal fans or The Suns fans" because he doesn't root for any of the local teams.

it's not his job to root for the local teams. in fact, it's better that he doesn't. provides more objectivity. i'm sure he'd actually like to see them do well. provides more work for him. more interesting stories. fluff pieces are usually easier to write than derogatory pieces.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
it's not his job to root for the local teams. in fact, it's better that he doesn't. provides more objectivity. i'm sure he'd actually like to see them do well. provides more work for him. more interesting stories. fluff pieces are usually easier to write than derogatory pieces.

Sounds like an attorney. C'mon Ouchie, give him a whack. You'll feel better. :D

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
No, no, you people have it all wrong ...

Dickley was just providing a community service for us. We're too stupid to see how stupid we really are.

He's like the old lady that thinks everything that happens in her life, will be exactly what will happen to everyone else.

He recalled his days in Chicago, (like he always does) and claimed he was helping us Cardinal fans from being duped like those poor Cub fans in Chicago, where they mindlessly pay for tickets for a product that is poor, thus giving the owners of the team no reason to actually improve the team.

I submit that there is a difference between 30,000 Cubs fans at a game, and 30,000 Cardinal fans.

30,000 Cub fans is a SELLOUT.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
The good thing about all this:

Bickley is making a big deal out of getting slammed. This shows the community that the Cards have made believers out of the core fan base which generates excitement in the community. Also, the players will hear how pumped we are about the team and will feed off of our excitement. This will make them want to work even harder to become great and get us even more pumped up.

There's no better feeling than playing the game you love in front of fans that are 100% behind you, and that turns into aggressive, confident play.

KEEP IT UP BICKLEY!!!! YOU'RE ACTUALLY DOING US A FAVOR!!!

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Dickley's comments this morning made my day, clearly we are getting to him, through this board and through the e-mails. He couldn't help but respond to this, and that makes me happy enough in itself. Dickley and the Cardinals outsider are clearly in bunker mode here for their ridiculous tirades, and their argument "the cardinals will suck because they have been bad in the past" is wearing thin. They are running out of ammo quick, we need to continue the effort though.

seesred

Reaction score
I'm haooy to say I;'ve sent mine to this idiot. He inturn sent one back to me. This is one nasty guy that can't see the other side of the street even if he is standing on it. I don't mind honest reporting ABOUT THE GOOD, BAD AND UGLY. Heck I've been angry at my Cards for doing one thing or the other. But there are many good stories out there. The good that is done. The kids that are seen. The miracle plays end of the 49r game in 88. We have our moments and this time it appears we can have the whole enchalada. To Binky all is bad, Warner is old, they still don't spend money, why this and why that. He is from Chicago, he should live in Chicago and not bother us anymore. He doesn't want us. Who is he to think that we will let him ask anything meanspirited and not get called out for it.

GBR

IN GREEN WE TRUST

CorporalCardinal

Look! A Cards fan in Iraq
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This guy probably had the gaul to whine in CHicago about the '85 Bears having a craptastic (yeah it's a made up word, move on) defense and not beating the Patriots bad enough in the Super Bowl. That lump in his throat is obviously his head causes it's jammed so far up his rear he hasn't seen the light of day.

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Big Deal said:
LOL, one of the callers just said the reason why they are bordering on being "hacks" is because they don't give credit to the organization, this has to be someone from this board! Bickley said that if the Edge rumors are true then he will "paint the bird on his car" <--------- SAVE THIS STATEMENT!

I own my own Sign Shop, and am coming to Arizona in April on vacation. Someone call him and tell him I will personally paint that bird on his car.

Redalert

Reaction score
The worst thing we can do is call his show. He makes a living on bashing the cards because he gets the phone lines lit up. If people stop calling he will change his tune or hit the road.