Bickley: Arizona Cardinals fans need to lower their expectations

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read the first paragraph yesterday and just closed it, bickley is always debbie downer with the cardinals.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My expectations? For the Cardinals? The 5-11 pretty much all the time Cardinals? Can't get much lower.

Same for Bickley and the AZ Republic. Can't get much lower.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
who??

Oh wait a minute....that's that bug eyed dude that used to always run around with a finger in jurecki's belt loop right??

pffftt...the only reason he ever even resembled worth some attention is because he was next to jurecki which makes it easy to look good.

disregard.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What fans is he talking about? I bet less than 5% have us winning more than 4-5 games.

Maybe he wants everyone to shoot for 1-2, so anything over that is just gravy?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have zero expectation on wins and losses. This team is a complete enigma right now with all the changes and I want to see progress on the OL and offense in general. To me, a top 15 offense it a success.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I have zero expectation on wins and losses. This team is a complete enigma right now with all the changes and I want to see progress on the OL and offense in general. To me, a top 15 offense it a success.

This is how I feel. I think we have done about as good as a team can in one off-season. I think its going to be a fun season.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Bet they don't lower ticket prices with those lower expectations...

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bet they don't lower ticket prices with those lower expectations...

I don't understand your comment. This comment was made my a writer who does not work for the team. The teams made changes to improve the team and the team already offers tickets [prices in bottom 10 in the NFL and $10 below the average ticket price in the NFL.

New York Jets 117.94
New England Patriots 117.84
New York Giants 111.69
Dallas Cowboys $110.20
Chicago Bears 110.91
Baltimore Ravens 91.92
Indianapolis Colts 85.34
San Francisco 49ers 83.54
Denver Broncos 82.23
San Diego Chargers 80.30
Washington Redskins 79.13
Green Bay Packers 78.84
Houston Texans 78.77
Atlanta Falcons 76.78
Minnesota Vikings 75.69
New Orleans Saints 74.99
Pittsburgh Steelers 74.32
Miami Dolphins 71.14
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 69.72
Cincinnati Bengals 69.01
Philadelphia Eagles 69.00
St. Louis Rams 68.89
Arizona Cardinals 68.00
Seattle Seahawks 67.26
Detroit Lions 67.60
Tennessee Titans 64.61
Kansas City Chiefs 64.92
Carolina Panthers 63.32
Oakland Raiders 62.23
Jacksonville Jaguars 59.54
Buffalo Bills 58.36
Cleveland Browns 54.20

NFL AVERAGE 78.38

http://www.fancostexperience.com/pages/fcx/blog_pdfs/entry0000018_pdf000.pdf

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And when the fan expect less and attend less, the get blasted for not supporting team.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Looking at the bottom 10 in avg ticket cost maybe the Cards need to raise ticket prices.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bickley needs to learn that fans SHOULD expect the team to win and never have to lower their expectations to see them get a ring.

Sorry there, Dan. I'm not lowering my expectations. These are grown *** men who make a great deal of money playing professional football. I'm NOT supporting a team if I'm supposed to sit in the stands and think, "Ah well. They sucked last year. I'll cut them a break. They have to have camp and practice in the air-conditioned confines of UOP. Sorry kiddo. No autographs at camp. It's all of 30 yards off the field and into the locker room so this year they're going to be tired."

The player "experience" is more important? What the heck does that mean? Their "experience" is to do their job, including training camp, no matter the conditions and win football games. Sorry. Don't need to be lectured by a sportswriter who gets to see the games for free.

I doubt ANY Green Bay fan ever sat in Lambeau Field and thought, "Ah, well. It's cold. Maybe I shouldn't expect them to play well."

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Bickley needs to learn that fans SHOULD expect the team to win and never have to lower their expectations to see them get a ring.

Sorry there, Dan. I'm not lowering my expectations. These are grown *** men who make a great deal of money playing professional football. I'm NOT supporting a team if I'm supposed to sit in the stands and think, "Ah well. They sucked last year. I'll cut them a break. They have to have camp and practice in the air-conditioned confines of UOP. Sorry kiddo. No autographs at camp. It's all of 30 yards off the field and into the locker room so this year they're going to be tired."

The player "experience" is more important? What the heck does that mean? Their "experience" is to do their job, including training camp, no matter the conditions and win football games. Sorry. Don't need to be lectured by a sportswriter who gets to see the games for free.

I doubt ANY Green Bay fan ever sat in Lambeau Field and thought, "Ah, well. It's cold. Maybe I shouldn't expect them to play well."

C'mon Dems, you've been around long enough to know it's 5-11, rain or shine. Plus lowered expectations makes glimpses of competence all the more exciting!

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My expectations remain high . I believe there is enough talent in the players on this team . This team will rise or fall on the plans of HC/OC Bruce Arians . I expect , based on OTAs and Mini-camp that he will have this team well prepared to face the Rams Sept.8 . I have a very stong gut feeling that he is The Man With The Plan , and until he proves my gut wrong , I believe we will win early and often . Right now I feel quite content with my high expectations .

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Bickley is all about Bickley and his ambitions.

I wish he would either go back to Chicago or move on to a national platform which is what he is trying to do.

IMHO he will not succeed in either.

BIGTONY

Registered
Reaction score
Im no expert or English Major.It was fun to goto flagstaff every year..It was a tradition,get up early get some donuts stay the night in flag..and enjoy the weather and last but not least Eat At Oregano's ..The Autographs were cool to get and see the players up close and personal..I hope this is just a simple fix..What about Payson or somewhere else where its nice and cool..Im really going to miss Flagstaff for Cardinals Training Camp..:sad:

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Post of the month. :thumbup:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
And when the fan expect less and attend less, the get blasted for not supporting team.

Is this another article about how some Cardinals fans have to go off and die again ?

I love those, especially when the writer goes back on everything he states in the article a day later.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson