Bickley and other media calling for Kliff to be gone.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Did anyone post the Kurt Warner interview?

I don't want to duplicate if I just am not seeing it.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
college football isn’t so much coaching as it’s recruiting that’s even coming from Nick Saban

Alabama didn’t get the best coach they got the best recruiter- Nick Saban

the talent levels are so lopsided it doesn’t really matter when it gets to the cream of the crop.

Reaction score
No argument there!

Penn State is more than 2 hours from Pittsburgh, though. Supposedly 2 1/2, but I-76 is always a bastard ;)
Harrisburg is closer and, though not as big, the greater area has a ton of stuff to do.
Using I-76 to travel from State College to Pittsburgh is a mistake! o_O Ha ha.

Edit: Penn State isn't close to a major city, but no one there really cares.
It's not referred to as "Happy Valley" for no reason!!!

Last edited:

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Have you ever seen Clements on the sideline talking to Murray during a game? I’m not being snarky with my response I don’t believe I’ve ever seen it. I have a hard time believing that Kingsbury who’s been stalking Murray since Pop Warner has turned over Murray’s development to Tom Clements.

I know Guernsey that and a couple of bucks will get me a cup of coffee.

The only person I see talking to Murray is Murray. That bothers the HELL out of me.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The horrific truth about the decision not only to start Strevler but why was he even the backup QB in the first place.

He wasn’t even a star in the CFL. He wasn’t even GOOD OR MEDIOCRE. In fact, he was so bad that he got benched right before their playoffs started. How bad does a QB have to be to get benched right before your team gets to the playoffs?!

“Strevler spent the past two seasons in the CFL and … played pretty terribly. He entered the 2019 season as the backup for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, but was forced into action after an injury to starter Matt Nichols. Streveler threw eight touchdowns and 14 interceptions, finishing second in the league in interceptions and leading the league in interception rate. Ahead of the playoffs, the Bombers benched Streveler in favor of former Cincinnati starter Zach Collaros—and ended up winning the CFL’s championship, the Grey Cup, with Collaros under center and Streveler coming in primarily for running packages. (He had three passes and nine carries in the Grey Cup win.)

While the CFL used to be a breeding ground for potential NFL quarterbacks, like Warren Moon, Joe Theismann, and Doug Flutie, the Canadian game hasn’t been a consistent feeder to the NFL for decades. Streveler became the first former CFL quarterback to record statistics in an NFL game since Jeff Garcia retired in 2009. I like watching the CFL, and think it’s really valuable as its own unique product, but I have to wonder: How the hell did the Cardinals scout the CFL and decide the most NFL-ready passer in the entire league was the guy who threw twice as many picks as touchdowns? Did they just see the pictures of him shirtless at the championship parade and think he was the league’s MVP and not a backup?”

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2021/...iladelphia-washington-cleveland-derrick-henry

read the above and tell me any decision makers on this team deserve another year of our time and frustration.

Facts cheese. Botched isn't strong enough of a word to describe what this team did with Streveler/Hundley. With no preseason, there was no reason to fix what wasn't broken. I get it that KK's offense MAY be suitable to his skillset. Well if that's the case put him on the practice squad until he can be developed. The object of a back up qb is to be ready to go when the starter goes down. BH has proven he can do that, and should have been the man based just off of that. But in my blind loyalty to my coach (despite my feelings) I trusted him, even though I scratched a gash in my head trying to figure out why this was done. See what the heck that got us when it counted!

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
From what I hear it is a great party town. Heck, there are photos floating around of Kliff enjoying the party scene
You must be registered for see images attach

I'd add from my experience Wisconsin is a MAJOR party college as well.

Thats true. My point earlier was that guys like Matt Rhule, Matt Campbell, etc found ways to get near the top of the Big 12 without big time recruits.

Mike Leach had a winning season every year and they won 11 games at Tech as well.

Okay, this picture just made me dislike him even more.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Facts cheese. Botched isn't strong enough of a word to describe what this team did with Streveler/Hundley. With no preseason, there was no reason to fix what wasn't broken.

its one thing to have Steveler as a Taysom Hill gadget player who can contribute on game day AND get you out of a game if Kyler gets hurt

but i figured that if Kyler was going to be out, Hundley would come in

the idea that your playoff future was entrusted to a guy who was 2nd string on a Canadian Football League team is crazy

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
its one thing to have Steveler as a Taysom Hill gadget player who can contribute on game day AND get you out of a game if Kyler gets hurt

but i figured that if Kyler was going to be out, Hundley would come in

the idea that your playoff future was entrusted to a guy who was 2nd string on a Canadian Football League team is crazy

OKAY??!!! And what irritated me is that I happened to hear on Doug and Wolf, where Doug put some of the onus on Brett as to how he could let Streveler beat him out for the #2. Clearly that would not have happened if we had a training camp/preseason. No way he would have lost! To your point Streveler was just suited up. What was the purpose unless you felt he could come in and spice things up ala T. Hill. Sorry job of evaluation by KK!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave