Better QB in 5 Years: Murray, Burrow, Tua, Herbert or Trevor Lawrence

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Timm Rosenbach, Nov 11, 2019.

Best in 5 years

1. Kyler Murray

55 vote(s)
    77.5%
  2. Burrow

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. Tua

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  4. Herbert

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  5. Lawrence

12 vote(s)
    16.9%
  1. Phrazbit

Phrazbit Registered

I think a lot of it is that Jackson is inaccurate. As a passer... he simply is average at best. While Kyler has an amazing arm, and he seems to use his mobility to buy time for throws.

juza76 likes this.
  2. azcardsfan1616

azcardsfan1616 Fist Pumping With Arians

Stats this year prove a little different. Jackson has a higher completion percentage than Murray and more TDs. They also have the same amount of INT at 5. The only stat kyler outdoes Lamar is yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. SoonerLou

SoonerLou Registered

It was a penalty but he was caught by Dee Ford.

4. juza76

juza76 Registered

Dee Ford is 4'50 guy, then a single run has many variables, if u hesitate during the run cause u look downfield u don't go full speed and then u can get caught by someone slower
    *I saw the clip now, he tried to outrun him, and ford is clearly slower then him, just got the right angle and grabbed his jersey
    We saw some carries of him and if he goes full speed he is fast enough with amazing accelatation

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  5. bojack

bojack Registered

It's all going to depend a lot on what team they end up on. Different styles, schemes and talent from team to team mean one QB excels in the same set of circumstances while failing in another.

None are without some faults though. Tua doesn't look as great against good competition. Lawrence gets happy feet sometimes but I would put him at the top of the list of those listed.

I think one QB that could be better than a few if not all at some point is Fields. That guy is putting stupid numbers. He's got the best TD to INT ratio in like 15 or 20 years. Only one int and I think he is up to like 33 TDs. His stats are crazy good for usually only playing the first 2 or 3 quarters of each game. Fields actually reminds me KM a bit but without the propensity to scramble and of course is closer to a traditional QB size. Will be interesting to see how he does down the stretch in the bigger games and next year.

6. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Sorry man. I missed this. I think it's important to look at the Tua thread for how I felt overall, because I was really hoping for a new GM & coach at the beginning of 2019, then suck it up knowing this was going to be a bad year, and get Tua in 2020 or Lawrence the next.

The league simply doesn't have enough QBs with upside to have a huge list above KM, but it would be the usual suspects, like Mahomes, Watson and such. If we thought we were going to win any time soon that list expands, but this roster is hot garbage.

7. gimpy

gimpy Registered

Well, I agree (maybe:)) with the couple you mentioned, but I meant realistically getting right now.

And, as far as Tua, well, after this weekend, might could be possible?

8. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

I think it’s bc we’ve never really had a rookie QB that looked as good as kyler has (warts and all) 10 starts into his rookie season. This is a fan base that’s been waiting for a homegrown franchise quarterback for their entire time in az. Thirty years? The flashes with successful retreads like Warner and Palmer just further stoke our thirst for our own “savior.” We watch the Seattles, Green Bays, San Diego/LAs, new Englands of tge nfl and wish for our own years of quarterback stability. We watch as the Kansas citys, and Houstons embarking on their future of year-in-year-out QB stability and we hope that’s where we are. So yeah, I think people are overdosing a bit on kook-aid in regards to kyler. But I also think it’s understandable.

as for the vote, I’ve long been darksider royalty on this board. What many have viewed as pessimism I’ve prided myself in realism. I can see the bad and good. But after thinking about it I voted kyler. And not necessarily bc I’m 100% convinced as a prospect he’ll be the best of all listed, but rather bc I think as prospects they all likely fall within a similar range (other than Herbert - I think he’s a product of earlier hype and may be too mechanical). It’s a bit of a crapshoot as to how they’ll rank ten years from now. So imo I say, they’re all similarly rated prospects (albeit different skillsets), but we are seeing kyler have individual success at this level already whereas the others haven’t even taken a snap in an nfl practice yet. So I select kyler as he’s a step further proven. If kyler were having a Trubisky-like rookie year I’d probably not place him first. Because it’s not his experience at this level that elevates him imo it’s the evidenced level of success at this point that does so. That level of success, as limited as it may be at present, can only be conjecture for the rest of the candidates.

Oh and Tua May never play an entire nfl season.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  9. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

Its obvious what he is doing. He is running tentatively. There have been like 3 or 4 runs where he put on the jets. Anyone who has watched every game can see this, it's the people not who dont understand.

It's actually not lack of awareness, it's the opposite. Murray understands that he doesnt need to be taking big hits. Lamar takes them all of the time.

10. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

Well experts who diagram plays are quite pleased with what they see from Kingsbury. The coaching is there. Maybe not game time decisions, but Kingsbury has already proven he can design and offense. I still think you are looking for reasons to be right instead of just admitting your prognostications have been dead wrong.

I'm more worried about having a GM that can build a team that can maximize Murray's brilliance and Kingsburys play design.

11. Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach Feel Bad For Tate

The Dolphins plan to tank for Tua didn’t quite work out. The Bengals get to draft Burrow and Tua may not ever be able to play effectively due to injuries. Dolphins deserve the situation they are in

12. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks ASFN Contributor Contributor

Even his long run against the Bucs could have been a bigger play if was willing to stay inside and turn on the jets, but he chose to cut back to the outside and eventually scamper out of bounds untouched.

13. Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach Feel Bad For Tate

I will take scampering out during his first season (with no playoff potential) over seeing him go down like Tua yesterday.

14. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks ASFN Contributor Contributor

Not disagreeing with that. Just pointing out that there are opportunities for him to make some huge plays that just aren't happening because he isn't looking to take them. If he is looking to take full advantage of those opportunities in the future than he will likely have some huge plays as a result.

Timm Rosenbach likes this.
  15. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

I’m fine with his play design, but he is our head coach, not our offensive coordinator. He has to game manage, and is still responsible for putting together a team that can operate on all sides of the ball and win.

Krangthebrain likes this.