Better players make other players better.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds simple but we are all guilty of rating a player or his ability based on results of the play or game.
“ Murphy stinks, he gave up a td”. Many times we fail to analyze the situation. Was the safety suppose to help him? Did the Qb have 8 seconds to throw the ball?
When a linebacker is making a tackle 5 yards pass the line of scrimmage are the d-linemen engage their man?
When a Qb throws a pick did the Wr run the right route? Did he read the zone coverage wrong.
Just the opposite with a wr.
So when we think of players on this team that are going to be free agents is it really wise to just let them leave?How is that building a team?
I want Murphy, Allen, Dortch and others to remain on this team. Are they pro bowl players? Maybe not. Maybe not yet. But they can certainly be part of the building blocks.

Find a way to keep your players. That being said, where’s Hasson Reddick? Oh that’s right . We let him walk away and kept Gardack. That’s not the way to get better.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Dortch is an ERFA, I believe, so I have little doubt we'll keep him.

I think we likely lose on of Murphy or Allen and potentially lose both of them.

In general, you're right. A good personnel department determines the value of the players on the roster in comparison to what's available in free agency and compares the likely cost.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dortch is an ERFA, I believe, so I have little doubt we'll keep him.

I think we likely lose on of Murphy or Allen and potentially lose both of them.

In general, you're right. A good personnel department determines the value of the players on the roster in comparison to what's available in free agency and compares the likely cost.
I agree with you. I think we keep one of them, but not both. There is an outside possibility we lose both.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why so smarmy bud?
I didn't mean it smarmy at all. I just meant that I agree with him. I could see how it could be taken that way though.

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Front loads their salaries like the Rams do and we could keep both…but thar will take an owner who would pony up the cash and he won’t be fired on Black Monday.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave