We have picked at #8 three times in the last 41 years:

2005 - Antrel Rolle
1999 - David Boston
1979 - OJ Anderson

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found a website that I was able to look at every drsft from 1970.

we have always stunk at drafting.

Reaction score
Found a website that I was able to look at every drsft from 1970.

we have always stunk at drafting.

You can probably pick any team & there would be more bad drafts than good. I don't think any team drafts well consistently. Too much of a crap shoot.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can probably pick any team & there would be more bad drafts than good. I don't think any team drafts well consistently. Too much of a crap shoot.
The sad part is there were drafts where players we drafted ( recently) are still playing in the league with other teams.

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Rds 1+ 2 DE
Rds 3+4 CB
Rds 7+8 RB

Yes, this draft netted Eric Swann and Aeneas Williams, but looking at how they drafted it appears that 1.) drafted for need and 2.) they didn't even trust their own ability to make selections and therefore doubled up on position(s) hoping to get one good player at the position(s) of need.

Hard for me to call this a "great draft" but rather they got lucky and hit on two greats!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The sad part is there were drafts where players we drafted ( recently) are still playing in the league with other teams.

yeah but that’s not black and white.

take a guy like Budda Baker. A very solid draft pick far from a bust he’s up at the end of the year ask this board half the guys will say let him go the other half will say pay him.

this is the NFL there is a hard cap. You draw your line say we think your worth this and if someone else gives him more than you have to let him walk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose