Best to Wear #7 Jersey Number? Mantle or Elway

Best #7

• Total voters

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The only Yankee's jersey that I would ever wear is Lou Gehrig.

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:D I still love you, Mulli.
:)
claphat.gif
head2head.gif

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just pondering that Elways first three Super Bowls were very LeBrron James like. :)

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Elway: 2 rings, 1 MVP
Mantle: 7 rings, 3 MVPs

No question, it's The Mick...

It's all about the championships!

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Mantle had 536 career tators before the juice era.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would've been a helluva lot more if not for those injuries... :(

http://sportsillustrated.ca/vault/article/magazine/MAG1005099/4/index.htm

My last four or five years with the Yankees, I didn't realize I was ruining myself with all the drinking. I just thought, This is fun. Hell, I used to see guys come into Yankee Stadium from Detroit or Chicago; they'd be out taking batting practice, all of them with hangovers. But today I can admit that all the drinking shortened my career. When I retired in the spring of '69, I was 37. Casey had said when I came up, "This guy's going to be better than Joe DiMaggio and Babe Ruth." It didn't happen. I never fulfilled what my dad had wanted, and I should have. God gave me a great body to play with, and I didn't take care of it. And I blame a lot of it on alcohol.

Everybody tries to make the excuse that injuries shortened my career. Truth is, after I'd had a knee operation, the doctors would give me rehab work to do, but I wouldn't do it. I'd be out drinking.

- Mickey Mantle

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.ca/vault/article/magazine/MAG1005099/4/index.htm

My last four or five years with the Yankees, I didn't realize I was ruining myself with all the drinking. I just thought, This is fun. Hell, I used to see guys come into Yankee Stadium from Detroit or Chicago; they'd be out taking batting practice, all of them with hangovers. But today I can admit that all the drinking shortened my career. When I retired in the spring of '69, I was 37. Casey had said when I came up, "This guy's going to be better than Joe DiMaggio and Babe Ruth." It didn't happen. I never fulfilled what my dad had wanted, and I should have. God gave me a great body to play with, and I didn't take care of it. And I blame a lot of it on alcohol.

Everybody tries to make the excuse that injuries shortened my career. Truth is, after I'd had a knee operation, the doctors would give me rehab work to do, but I wouldn't do it. I'd be out drinking.

- Mickey Mantle

I always thought it was really cool the way he owned up to this. Unlike Rose.....

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave