Best online backup storage plan?

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have a Mac and just finished downloading over 300 cds. I am now looking into an online backup storage plan like Carbonite or Mozy to protect my Mac in case it crashes or there is a fire, etc.

Anyway, after doing some research on Cnet.com, I discovered Crashplan

It got good reviews but I was wondering if anyone out there could recommend this or another product.

There is something called CeeJay CrashPlan. I am not sure how this is different than the regular Crashplan.

http://download.cnet.com/CeeJay-CrashPlan/3000-2242_4-10904580.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody;1d

Anyway, if there is anyone with experience with this and could recommend one over another for any online backup plan, I would greatly appreciate it.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I have a Mac and just finished downloading over 300 cds. I am now looking into an online backup storage plan like Carbonite or Mozy to protect my Mac in case it crashes or there is a fire, etc.

Anyway, after doing some research on Cnet.com, I discovered Crashplan

It got good reviews but I was wondering if anyone out there could recommend this or another product.

There is something called CeeJay CrashPlan. I am not sure how this is different than the regular Crashplan.

http://download.cnet.com/CeeJay-CrashPlan/3000-2242_4-10904580.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody;1d

Anyway, if there is anyone with experience with this and could recommend one over another for any online backup plan, I would greatly appreciate it.

I use Carbonite and have never had any problems. It's simple and secure. Some of the newer ones like SOS have Iphone apps and things like that but I dont need to access my backup storage data from my phone, lol. I guess if that's a need you could pay extra for those features. Looks like the pricing is about the same. Crashplan is mentioned in all the reviews like PC World so I'm sure it's as good as any.

Just remember that in general $50 is a pretty standard "unlimited backup" price for 1 computer so if you pay any more than that look at what "extra features" you're getting for that extra money and decide whether you really need them or not. Often times people pay for extra bells and whistles in these online services that they will never use.

Last edited: