Best / Most impactful FA signing this offseason

Which one has had the bigger impact, Prater or Watt

• Total voters

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think most of us would agree that Keim had a fantastic offseason and especially in FA.
Which FA player would you say has had and will continue to have the biggest impact for the Cards.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They’ve all made so much of a difference for each unit. If I had to pick, I’d go Watt, but a legit 2 WR who doesn’t have to even be a 2 some games when Kirk is locked in and a kicker who almost always gets touchbacks and can be depended on to get points on FGs is so freaking refreshing.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I know he did not play today but no Rodney Hudson and I do not think this team would have a chance to beat the Rams, and you have to beat a team like the Rams in your division if your objective is to win a championship :)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know he did not play today but no Rodney Hudson and I do not think this team would have a chance to beat the Rams, and you have to beat a team like the Rams in your division if your objective is to win a championship :)
He wasn’t a FA doesn’t qualify

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I vote for Prater. Without his 62 yard FG to end the first half against the Vikings we lose that game. Of the 3, he is the most directly responsible for a W.

But, all 3 are working out better than even the most diehard homers expected.

OP
OP
Cardiac

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm thrilled to have Prater on the team and have to admit my stress level is near zero when he needs to make a FG. Thing is games are typically won in the trenches and Watt is destroying the oppositions blocking schemes. Then add in what his leadership means and I can't even think what the D would look like without him.

Can't imagine this team without any of them.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why isn't conner on this list?

Personally I would rank him above AJ Green.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why isn't conner on this list?

Personally I would rank him above AJ Green.
They’ve all performed 100% including him. But above AJ? No way… AJ. And his almost 17ypc have helped open things up for Kyler.

It’s moved Kirk where he belongs and has had a bigger impact. JMO.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Crazy that this was the way Patriots fans felt for 17 years straight (give or take).
Right? And this is only 6 games. We actually haven’t accomplished anything of note yet (like win a division, make a championship game, make a gazillion Super Bowls, etc.). And we are surfing’ the high (as we should be). Imagine 17 years of this and the expectations to be great. Every year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All the FA signings have been great and contributed greatly but it's easily JJ Watt. He would win it just for his contribution on the field, but with his leadership and just what a great dude he is with the fans and in the community it's easily Watt.

Moreover, the guy is a physical beast and while he's only signed through the end of '22 I can easily see him playing another couple of years at least after that baring any injury setbacks.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
To me, Prater might be one of the best FA signings in Cardinals history. I hated being surprised when the Cards actually made a field goal for like 6 years straight.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me, Prater might be one of the best FA signings in Cardinals history. I hated being surprised when the Cards actually made a field goal for like 6 years straight.

Amen.