Best case scenario?

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
Let's see everyones best draft/free agency combo that is actually feasible.

Mine:
Resign Pace ($4 million cap hit), Hodel($500K) Tag Dansby ($8.065 million), 2nd round tender to Green, Brown, and Smith ($3.9 Mill total), low tender to Urban and Blackstock ($1.7 Mill total) ERFA tender to Bienemann ($360K)

Cut Berry ($4 mill savings), Holt ($3.5 Mill) Ross ($2.1 Mill) Shipp ($1.25 Mill)

Rework Fitz ($8 Mill?) Edge ($2 Mill) Warner?($1 Mill) Gandy ($2 mill)

Total in-team Cost/Savings $18.525 Mill/$23.85 Mill = $5.325 savings for a total cap space of $19.815 Mill.

Free agency:
Potential Targets:
LB Atl Demorrio Williams- A bit small for 3-4, young player, probably not in the Cards plans.

LB/DE Bal Terrell Suggs- Some believe he is a one trick pony, has been better in 3-4 than 4-3

CB Den Dre Bly- Has been overpaid throughout his career but had a good year this year, getting 5 INTs and has the speed our secondary lacks.

WR Hou Andre' Davis- Good return man and decent speed receiver, could replace BJ

OG Ind Ryan Lilja - Decent young OG, Fits the mold of pulling OL that Whisenhunt/Grimm like, might not weigh enough, likely wont hit the market.

FS Min Mike Doss- Has had good years in the past, barely played this year, could be a cheap risk that pays off. Can't be worse than Holt?

CB NE Chad Scott- Old, would only be for depth, decent talent former Steeler.

FS NE Eugene Wilson- Decent FS, again can't be worse than Holt?

RB NYG Derrick Ward- RFA who played great when given chances (4.8 YPC on 125 attempts), had injury issues, and Giants are deep at this position, which is why he is the only RFA on my list.

P NYG Jeff Feagles-Long Career, been solid, if he doesn't retire, he might be worth a look.

CB NYJ Hank Poteat- Up there in years, would be a 4th stringer at best.

FS NYJ Erik Coleman- Had three 100 tackle seasons in a row before a drop off this year. Still young, definitely better than Holt.

RB Oak Justin Fargas-Had a breakout year, is 28 years old (same age Edge was when we signed him), if the Raiders let him go, will likely get paid well.

OG Pitt Alan Faneca- Best OG on market, would likely be thrilled to rejoin Whisenhunt and Grimm, 31 years old. Try to convince him to take a backloaded contract and we're in good shape.

RB SD Michael Turner- Power back with decent speed, has performed well in limited chances when spelling for LT. Will likely get a decent paycheck, remains to be seen if he can be an every-down RB, 25 years old.

CB SD Drayton Florence- Had a bad year and got demoted, though he had his career high in solo tackles, and had double digit PD. 27 Years old, would likely be the 2nd best CB on our roster. Risk/Reward type player.

OG Sea Floyd Womack- 29 year old G/T that is a decent emergency option if Faneca wants too much or signs elsewhere. Probably better than Wells, but probably not enough to be worth what he will want to get paid.

RB Ten Chris Brown- Enigma RB, has good size and decent speed, but has only had one good season. 26 years old, would make a decent replacement for Shipp if the price is right.

RB Dal Julius Jones- Another enigma, appears unstopable at times, and completely useless at others. Also 26 years old, will probably want more than he deserves and his brother might persuade him away from ARI if we did pursue him.

CB Sea Marcus Trufant-Had a breakout year (78 solo tackles 7 INT), and will likely get resigned. Faster and more talented than any CB we have. 27 years old, probably too expensive if they do let him walk.

CB NE Asante Samuel - Also 27 years old, everyone expects him to be one of if not the highest paid CB in the league after this offseason, especially since he can't be franchised again. No one really expects him back with the Patriots, but I doubt he is on Graves and Whisenhunts radar.

FS Dal Ken Hamlin-27 years old. Had his best year in pass coverage (5 int, 15 PD), but saw a drop off in tackles. IMO the best FS on the market and a perfect fit for the Cardinals if the Cowboys let him leave.

Signings: Either Fanaca or Suggs
OG Alan Faneca- 8 Mill first year cap hit, backloaded contract with roster bonuses etc. that we can deal with later if need be. Indications are that he likes our coaching staff which should give us a realistic shot at signing him.

OR

LB Terrell Suggs- 8 Mill First year cap hit. Like him or hate him, he is a good pass rusher and will provide great depth in the front seven with the return of Okeafor.

and

CB Drayton Florence- 4 Mill Cap hit. Give him an earn it to get paid incentive laden contract.

FS Mike Doss- 3 Mill Cap hit. Get him on the cheap after an off year.

Money left for draft picks and minor free agents: 3-4 mill

Draft: Round 1 RB Stewart/Mendenhall/Jones. Whichever the coaching staff decides is the best fit.
Round 2: DE Clemson Philip Merling
Round 3: FS Tennesee Jonathan Hefney
Round 4: QB Colt Brenner/John David Booty/Erik Ainge/best QB left?
Round 5-7: OL, P and speed WR in any order.

Last edited:

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, just wow.

I dont even think that is possible in Madden.

OP
OP
D

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
Yea the free agent signings were a bit much I admit, I'll change it to either Faneca or Suggs. The draft I think was realistic though?

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Yea the free agent signings were a bit much I admit, I'll change it to either Faneca or Suggs. The draft I think was realistic though?

I wouldnt change a thing. Your title does say Best Case Scenerio, it is supposed to be over the top.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best Case Scenario 2.0

The Bidwells trade franchises, teams, records and players with the Kraft family prior to kickoff of Super Bowl XLII.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson