Ben Patrick Suspended Four Games

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regardless if you agree with it being banned or not, it's the rules. Why can 95% of the league comprehend the banned substance list and others not? It's not hard, I understand they push the list pretty hard.

Yes.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
He will be cut...

4 game suspension is for any violation of the drug policy...

Femi never tested positive for banned substances, or related substances prior to his positive test a couple of years ago...

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
If he gets cut that would suck.

I am not saying that it would be uncalled for, I am just saying that Patrick has a HUGE amount of potential.

Our TE core would have absolutely NO pass catching ability.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Wow Joe, that was a waste of reading as almost everything you just stated is factually incorrect.

My wife, a med student and I, a doctorate student in Clinical Psychology do studies on ADHD and different medications for treating it for students and adults. They are pharmacologically the same drug, different name. You say tomato, I say toMato, but I think I am a little more qualified than you to answer such questions.

Stick to being the resident capologist.

So much venom for nothing.

Wow, you judge to fast. I don't need your resume, I don't think your trying to fool anyone. Why try so hard on a message. For your own knowledge, My live in girlfriend is chemical dependency counselor with her own Masters in Chemical Dependency going on her doctorate. She says that while they are pharmacologically similar because they can treat the same things and have similar usage, it doesn't mean their chemical make-up is the same, one is a methylphenidate and one is a amphetamine. How can they be the same thing when their compounds are different. She told me a bunch of letters and numbers some C's, H's, and N's and then she lost me.

And I have no idea what she just told but I am going to go with her and her colleagues that prescribe the stuff on a daily basis.

Maybe I nitpicked, never said they don't have similar usage only that they have different formula's. I mean if they were the same exact all the way down to the chemical formula why see which one works better then the other in your studies, whats the point in that?

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So much venom for nothing.

Wow, you judge to fast. I don't need your resume, I don't think your trying to fool anyone. Why try so hard on a message. For your own knowledge, My live in girlfriend is chemical dependency counselor with her own Masters in Chemical Dependency going on her doctorate. She says that while they are pharmacologically similar because they can treat the same things and have similar usage, it doesn't mean their chemical make-up is the same, one is a methylphenidate and one is a amphetamine. How can they be the same thing when their compounds are different. She told me a bunch of letters and numbers some C's, H's, and N's and then she lost me.

And I have no idea what she just told but I am going to go with her and her colleagues that prescribe the stuff on a daily basis.

Maybe I nitpicked, never said they don't have similar usage only that they have different formula's. I mean if they were the same exact all the way down to the chemical formula why see which one works better then the other in your studies, whats the point in that?

So now we know where you are getting all that pot from.:D

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know a few fat chicks and guys trying to make weight for fights who used adoral(sp?) or ritalin to suppress hunger and lose weight. Some got addicted to the high they said it gave them.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He won't be cut. Nor should he be. He's got the best hands and athletic ability of the bunch.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adderall is banned?

Makes no sense. If a doctor prescribes it then he is under the care of a physician.

I don't understand why a legally prescribed drug that gives no performance advantage is on the no-no list.

It's an amphetamine. For reasons no one really understands very well, it calms down people with ADHD, but would speed up a "normal" person.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
He won't be cut. Nor should he be. He's got the best hands and athletic ability of the bunch.
I disagree, we have 6 or 8 TE's on this team and I would be shokcked if the team brings him back. It seems history shows this team has no patience for players who get introuble, especially from relatively expendable positions...

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow Joe, that was a waste of reading as almost everything you just stated is factually incorrect.

My wife, a med student and I, a doctorate student in Clinical Psychology do studies on ADHD and different medications for treating it for students and adults. They are pharmacologically the same drug, different name. You say tomato, I say toMato, but I think I am a little more qualified than you to answer such questions.

Stick to being the resident capologist.

I'm not sure what you mean by "pharmacologically" but they are not the same drug. Chemically, they are in different classes. Maybe you picked the wrong med school? :smiliefan:

Adderall = C9 H13 N

Adderall image : http://http://www.3dchem.com/moremolecules.asp?ID=400&othername=Adderall#

Ritalin = C14 H19 NO2

Ritalin image:

You must be registered for see images

BTW, if interested, you should look at how similar ritalin is in structure to cocaine.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree, we have 6 or 8 TE's on this team and I would be shokcked if the team brings him back. It seems history shows this team has no patience for players who get introuble, especially from relatively expendable positions...

Bet bet bet!

cgolden

Registered
Reaction score
Really sucks for Patrick.....does this effect his roster status or does it force the Cardinals to break camp with one more tight end than they would usually carry?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
avatars for 30 days?? Plus 5 million ASFN?

Is that Argentinian Sports Fans Network dollars?

Seems like ASFN bucks have been hit with some severe inflation lately.

I heard you bought an eWheelbarrow to carry your ASFN money in.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson