Belated Agreement

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Harry, Oct 11, 2019.

1. cardpa

cardpa I'm all right

The PEDs thing is a pretty big red flag for me, along with crossing the 30 year mark as well as a less than stellar attitude puts me in the sell while the value is still there. Besides he could pull a Bell and just sit out instead of playing under the franchise contract. He's made plenty of money to go a year without pay. This isn't much different than holding a stock too long hoping it will go up forever when there are signs it's going to drop, then taking a hit because you waited too long.

Yes, it's a gamble trading him and hoping to grab a player in the draft but no more than hoping PP can play at a high level without the PEDs. Using them is one thing but trying to mask it is another that makes me think sell while everyone is buying and the stock price is above it's value.

BW52 likes this.
  2. Garthshort

Garthshort Registered User

Aenas (Sp?) Williams was a VG CB for a long time, but I'm not sure how long he played. I believe he finished his career with the Rams.

3. AZCB34

AZCB34 Registered User

What if I told you there will be no franchise or transition tags in the next CBA and he could walk after 2020?

4. JeffGollin

JeffGollin Registered User

There are times when it makes sense to swap talent/experience for talent/youth. This isn't one of them.

Goldfield likes this.
  5. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

I don’t think it’s feasible for an aging corner to go the Bell route. That’s a younger man’s play.

6. Yuma

Yuma Passed my 90 days! Thanks BigRedRage!

I am in the move Pat P in the safety role. Last year it seemed to me he got burned more than usual. I was wondering if he was playing off rep, so teams schemed to not throw his way? I still think he sees the plays, I am just not sure he hasn't lost that step a CB needs. Still, a guy that can read pass plays on the field is valuable. I would like him to try safety, but I would be afrais Pat P would be ego and money tied to the CB spot.

7. football karma

football karma formerly known as En Fuego

PP at safety? thats a tough one -- he doesnt tackle well and that would be a problem there

i guess we are going to find out over the last 10 games how well post PED PP can cover

PACardsFan and unseenaz like this.
  8. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

No chance in hell you extend him. In fact I’m not sure there’s a player on this team you can feel comfortable about extending right now.

9. Harry

Harry ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer

Many are calling him an elite corner. Elite corners only resort to PEDs if they see their skills slipping. Keep in mind he also used a masking agent so this was no accidental usage. Also we’re talking 2 years from now. That’s quite a bit of tread to be thinking extension. He’d be 31. Some corners last that long, but most have started to decline. Then add in where he’d be 2 years into an extension. I just don’t like the gamble. It would save $12 mil in cap space next year.

10. DVontel

DVontel Registered

Are we sure Peterson wants to play safety?

We KNOW he has wanted out.

11. bojack

bojack Registered

I would be more comfortable trading him for a known quantity instead of draft picks, but it takes a lot of stars to align to make that happen so I doubt it will.

PACardsFan likes this.
  12. TJ

TJ Suge White

I don’t think guys like Aeneas and Woodson wanted to play safety, but for career preservation, the switch was almost necessary.

13. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

They were both willing and very good tacklers.

14. kerouac9

kerouac9 #Stiff4Kliff

It’s very fun to be having this conversation again three years after Calais Campbell kept dominating after he left for the Jaguars.

Chopper0080 likes this.
  15. DVontel

DVontel Registered

Easier to still perform at a high level in the trenches than it is at CB.