Beetlejuice 2

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
lol Honestly, I'm getting outrage fatigue because the number of idiotic projects is just legion by now. I also hear Sam "I can't be original any longer unless I'm doing a Marvel movie" Raimi is prepping Drag Me to Hell 2 as well. Just put a fork in Hollywood, please--it's done.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol Honestly, I'm getting outrage fatigue because the number of idiotic projects is just legion by now. I also hear Sam "I can't be original any longer unless I'm doing a Marvel movie" Raimi is prepping Drag Me to Hell 2 as well. Just put a fork in Hollywood, please--it's done.
And yet you line up repeatedly for the thing that is driving all these sequels… the never ending Marvel sequel which is killing the mid-major and any creativity whatsoever.

You want to see change in what Hollywood produces? Stop being part of the problem that reinforces the idea that IP is the only way to move forward and really just go see anything that’s NOT part of the Marvel machine.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
And yet you line up repeatedly for the thing that is driving all these sequels… the never ending Marvel sequel which is killing the mid-major and any creativity whatsoever.

You want to see change in what Hollywood produces? Stop being part of the problem that reinforces the idea that IP is the only way to move forward and really just go see anything that’s NOT part of the Marvel machine.
Oh, you're preaching to the choir there. So long as Marvel put out good movies, I was game. I will be much more choosy moving forward. I'll be watching Guardians 3, then nothing on their menu atm.

This is a bit disingenuous, though. This problem was around well before Marvel. Hell, Brooks even joked about it with his "Rocky Five...Thousand" bit in Spaceballs, way back when.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh, you're preaching to the choir there. So long as Marvel put out good movies, I was game. I will be much more choosy moving forward. I'll be watching Guardians 3, then nothing on their menu atm.

This is a bit disingenuous, though. This problem was around well before Marvel. Hell, Brooks even joked about it with his "Rocky Five...Thousand" bit in Spaceballs, way back when.

Who could forget Spaceballs 2 The Search for more money.

What a classic

OP
OP
Town Drunk

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
From Airplane 2 - The Sequel. 1982
You must be registered for see images attach
Completely off topic, but I was once a counselor at a facility for children with mental health needs. One day it was raining so we decided to put on a movie. I brought in Airplane, because of course it’s a cinematic masterpiece. I completely forgot that a ‘PG’ rating meant something else back when the film was released. I also forgot there was a topless scene in the movie. Needless to say, several of the kids later said that it had become their favorite movie.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Completely off topic, but I was once a counselor at a facility for children with mental health needs. One day it was raining so we decided to put on a movie. I brought in Airplane, because of course it’s a cinematic masterpiece. I completely forgot that a ‘PG’ rating meant something else back when the film was released. I also forgot there was a topless scene in the movie. Needless to say, several of the kids later said that it had become their favorite movie.
Welcome to my wife showing all my kids 80's movies. My wife kept having these memories of all the classic 80's movies she loved. Over and over again she forgot about language, suggestive scenes time and time again. Many of those movies would be R today. :eek:

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I hope they don't screw this up. They probably will but I hope not. Top Gun 2, T2, ESB and some others prove sequels can be worthy if they invest the time to get the script right.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson